Chapter 5

Two Different Worlds

In Young Bae's car, both he and Ailee and were silent. But it wasn't an awkward silence. It was the kind of silence that you have when you are around someone that you are extremely comfortable with. Ailee was in the passenger seat looking out the window trying to figure out where they were going, as she had never been this area outside of Seoul before. Young Bae noticed this and smiled at her curiosity and said, "Do you have any idea of where we are?"

"Nope. I feel like we are in the wilderness but I can still see Seoul. But I'm pretty sure you arent' going to tell me until we get there" smiled Ailee.

Young Bae chuckled and said, "I am a man full of mystery".

A comfortable silence once again took over the car until Young Bae stopped the car on the side of the road. 

"Okay, I need you to trust me for 5 minutes."

"Wait why?"

"Because I want you to close your eyes for 5 minutes. I promise you that I am not a serial killer and I am not going to kidnap you." said Young Bae jokingly, hoping that Ailee would trust him,

Ailee would not be lying if she said that she wasn't a little skeptical and scared of what Young Bae told her to do. But when she looked into Young Bae's eyes there was a firmness and sincereness that told her that she could trust him and it was hypnotizing. She sighed and agreed to close her eyes.

"Just trust me okay? I promise you won't regret it." assured Young Bae.

After making sure her eyes were closed, Young Bae put the car back into gear and started to drive up a hill. When they finally got to the top, Young Bae got out and told Ailee to stay in the car and keep her eyes closed. Ailee agreed and was still a little nervous. Young Bae went to his trunk and pulled out a two blankets and set one on the ground and the other ontop of it. When he was done he went around to the passenger seat and openned Ailee's door. 

"Okay, you are going to have to trust me again. So give me you hands, I'm going to help you out of the car and lead you to where I want you to stand."

Ailee complied and held his hands as he helped her out of the car. She could not help but blush a little at the skinship as his hands were very warm for a chilly night. She put all her trust in him for that moment as she let him lead her to the spot where the blankets were. 

"Okay, now open your eyes." 

In front of Ailee was a view that took her breath away. It was the best of both worlds. In the distance there was the magnificent skyline of Seoul and the all the lights were reflecting off the Han River and you could also see the mountains that behind the city. And when you looked up and around you were surrounded by stars and nature. There was a peaceful silence with the occasional rustle of wind. It was the most peaceful place Ailee had been to in Korea and she was blown away.

"Do you like it?" asked Young Bae, a little nervous at the answer as Ailee hadn't spoken for 5 minutes.

Young Bae's voice snapped Ailee back to reality and she sat down next to him on the blanket. she looked him in the eyes and said, "I am speechless. This is breathtaking. I don't know what to say, it's just beautiful."

Young Bae smiled at her response and said, "I know. I found this place when I was with my grandfather. We were just driving around this area and found this place. We would always have picnics here and just talk."

"What did you guys talk about?" asked Ailee carefully as she didn't want to pry.

"Everything. About life, love, business and he would tell me stories from when he was younger. It was so real and laid back." said Young Bae with some sadness in his voice as he remembered his late grandfather. "To be honest, this is the first time I've been here since he and my grandmother passed away." said Young Bae looking out into the distance, afraid to look at Ailee, scared that she might see the small tears forming in his eyes. 

To Young Bae's surprise, Ailee moved closer to him and wrapped her arm around his and rested her head on his shoulder and said, "They would be proud to see how successful you are in life right now." 

Ailee's words and her touch sent chills running up and down Young Bae's spine. He had never open up to anyone this much for the past 3 years after Anna. He kept all of his personal life to himself and was afraid to open up to anyone. Now here comes a girl he had only met a couple days ago and she already knows a lot more about him than any other person in Seoul. Sensing his silence, Ailee looked over and saw his tears forming in his eyes, the tears glistening in the darkness. Ailee unconciously took her finger and wiped one of the tears that was escaping his eye and whispered softly, "I'm sorry about your grandparents, but like I said, they are proud of you."

Young Bae turned and looked at her and said, "I know. It's just that this place brings a lot of memories back and I realize that I haven't really accepted thier death. I have just been in a silent denial."

"Well, you shouldn't always be so silent." Young Bae just sighed at this comment and Ailee continued, "You can always talk to me. I mean since you are my last resort, I can be yours too."

Young Bae smiled at this and said, "You know what, I'd like that a lot." Ailee looked up to see his smiling face that was radiant even in the dark, and placed her head back on his shoulder. Young Bae broke out into a grin again and placed his head ontop of Ailee's and the second blanket around he and Ailee. Both of them sat and looked out into the distance and all around in silence, just enjoying each other's company and there was no other place they would rather be.