Chapter 1

Two Different Worlds

~3 Years Ago, Manhattan~

Dong Young Bae was rushing back to his apartment, hand full with roses, a dress, a handwritten note and in his pocket a ring. Tonight was the night that he was going to propose to girlfriend of eight years, Anna. They started dating back when they were in high school, and went to two different universities in NYC. Young Bae finally had his life in order; he learned all the skills to run his father's company and was incredibly successful. All he had left to do was propose to Anna and finally make her his wife. Young Bae was grinning at these thoughts as he unlocked the door to his apartment that he shared with Anna.

Walking through the living room, Young Bae's world stopped. His eyes widened, heart dropped, time stopped. In front of him was the last thing he could ever imagine happen to him. 

Anna was ontop of another man on their couch. 

There was screaming, crying and a plea for Young Bae to forgive her, but all Young Bae could see is that scene playing over and over again in his head. He looked her and shook his head and turned out the door. 

"Get my jet ready, I'm flying back into Boston", Young Bae told his assitant Simon. "Of course sir", said Simon, his assistant/butler from when he was younger. Simon knew that something had goe terribly wrong but knew that Young Bae did not want to talk about.

Back in Boston, he and Anna's hometown, word quickly spread about what had happenned and everyone was gossiping about it. Anna sent numerous phone calls, and messages on his cell phone, home phone, and through their friends. 

Young Bae had had enough. He felt suffocated. So, he decided to aid in expanding Dong Corporation in Asia. His parents agreed and said that he needed time away from all this and it would be healthy for him. Thus, Young Bae packed all of his things and took the first flight out to Seoul. 

~Present Day, Seoul~

"Sir, please do not forget about the appointment with YMC Entertainment's President today. He wants you to remodel his entire building", said Simon, as Young Bae was eating breakfast. "No worries Simon, I'll be driving myself today. So you can go straight to the office".

Since moving to Seoul,  Young Bae has successfully expanded Dong Corp. to various parts of Asia, like Seoul, Beijing, Hong Kong and Bali. He was overjoyed about his business endeavors, but was a pretty lonley man. He had not visited South Korea for twenty years, and so did not know many people and his Korean was a little lacking. And what about love you ask? Well, with Young Bae's good looks came with a lot of one night stands and women that wanted in on his business. This was the pattern and luck that Young Bae has had over the years and has gotten quite bitter about anything pertaining to the topic of love. But all that aside, Young Bae was still a little hopeful that he would be able find another girlfriend. 

~YMC Offices~

Young Bae pulls up in his new Mercedes G Wagon and is immediately greeted by YMC's President, "Good Morning Mr. Dong, it is a great pleasure to have you here today. I will be giving a tour of the facility."

As Young Bae was walking through the building, he was taking notes on the flaws and what he needed to renovate. But all the suddent he heard a rendition of Whitney Houston's "I will always love you", echoing from a studio. He unconciously gravitated to the room and listened to this woman's voice. Her voice was strong yet gentle and was the kind of voice that commanded your attention. This song was he and Anna's song and as Young Bae stood there memories that he had been suppressing started to slowly creep back into his mind. He wanted to leave, but the voice singing the song had a hold on him and he could not just walk away. 

"Ahem", coughed YMC's President, which took Young Bae out of his trance. "You will be able to meet my artists after lunch", smiled YMC's President.

"I will be looking forward to that", smiled Young Bae.