Five

You Belong with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The light on the main room of the house is dim. The television is still on but the sound set in mute. So did the situation between the two persons that sit across each other at that living room. They didn’t talk to each other since 15 minutes ago, and they are busy with their own thoughts.

“Sehun-ah, ottokeyo?” Bomi suddenly broke their silence, as she let out a soft groan. The thing about her mother in law asking a grandchild from her is seriously burdening her. So, she immediately told it to her fake husband.

Sehun heaved a sigh, a deep one – signaling the eldest that he didn’t really know what he should do now.

“Sehun-ah?” being impatient, Bomi placed her hand on his arm, shaking it repeatedly – she needs an answer yet an idea to come out from this serious problem.

He heaved a sigh once again before spoke out. “I don’t know. I don’t know, noona. This time I really ing don’t know what should I do,” he raised hands to rake his hairs hastily. He must be in depressed for sure.

Meanwhile, Bomi slowly releasing her hand from him, before leans her head on the back of the couch. “I should notice that this thing will happen sooner or later,” she covered her half face with her palm.

“I’m sorry, noona. I’m really sorry. My family really put you in a trouble,” Sehun stared at her with pitiful looks.

Bomi didn’t move from her place as she curved a smirk on her face. “It’s too late, Hun. We fell in the big hole already and there’s no place to escape now,” she said in a sarcastic word.

Sehun heaved a sigh for third times before copying his wife, resting his heavy head on the couch. “It’s so frustrating. But, I promised you that I’ll find a way out soon. I promised you,” he said while starting to close his eyes.

“I hope so…” Bomi said as she got up from the couch since she heard the bell of their house had ringed. “It must be Donghae oppa."

“No, he isn’t. He will tell me if he wanted to come here,” Sehun said while glancing at his wrist watch. It still 7 in the evening.

“So, maybe it’s Doojoon oppa or Eunji then,” Bomi said as she walked toward the main door, ready to open it for their guest.

And when she let the door wide opened, her eyes suddenly widened in disbelief and she got her jaw dropped on the same time. Crap! It was her mother in law and her father who came together to visit her house.

“Appa? Aunt Oh?”

“Omo, this naughty girl. I thought I told you for billion times to familiarize yourself to calling your mother in law with the better ones,” Bomi’s father hissed as he lightly pinched his daughter cheek.

“A-ah, I’m really sorry for my stupidity. Please come in, Omoni. Sehun is inside,” Bomi smiled awkwardly, while Sehun’s mother giving a bright smile to her as a reply.

As the two elders get into the living room, Sehun quickly got up from the couch and greet them.

“Jagiya, please make some drinks and bring some snacks for them,” Sehun said in a loud enough voice.

As Bomi heard it, she couldn’t help for not giggling by herself. “That punk. He’s really good in acting though.”

 

“Why are you here, eomma?” Sehun asked as Bomi already sat next to him. He smiled widely at his mother.

“I just want to visit you two. You had been married for almost a month but I never pay a visit before,” Mrs. Oh said while copying her son’s smile.

“I thought that you already ditched your son though,” Sehun rolled his eyes, acted like he was annoyed.

“Aigoo… What are you talking about, Hunnie? You know that your mother loves you so much,” Mrs. Oh his hair softly before turning her gaze to Bomi. “So, Bomi dear. How’s your life with Sehun? Did he already treat you well, honey?” the smile still lingered on the elder face.

“A-Ah, we—“ Bomi suddenly stuttering as she glancing at Sehun’s direction.

“We’re okay, more than okay we guess. Am I right, jagiya?” for Bomi’s surprise, Sehun suddenly placing his hand on her shoulder, and he shifting his seat closer to her.

“Y-yes, we are,” Bomi was still stuttering as she fake a wide smile on her face.

“So, it’s a good signal for us to having a grandchild soon, isn’t it Mr. Yoon?” Mrs. Oh suddenly moving her gaze toward Bomi’s father who was remaining silent from earlier.

“Ah, yes. You’re right, Mrs. Oh. My wife had told Bomi about it already,” Mr. Yoon curved a thin smile on his face before he sipped the tea on his cup. Actually, he could smell something awkward is going on to his daughter, but he didn’t want to talk about it – yet.

“So, Eomma. Are you expecting a girl or a boy?” Sehun said in a playful tone, and he got pinch on his waist from Bomi as a result. “Ouch,” he whined. 

“I’m sorry, Omoni. Sehun is always like to blabbering like that,” Bomi put an awkward smile toward her mother in law, before threw a glare to her husband.

“You two are so cute! I think I’ve made a right decision to choose her to be your wife, son,” once again, Mrs. Oh her son hair before she suddenly got up from her seat. “I think I have to go now because your father must be waiting for me at home. And how’s with you Mr. Yoon?”

“Um, I think I’ll stay here for a while,” Bomi’s father said as he placed the cup back to the saucer.

“Oh, okay then. I’m going now,” Mrs. Oh said and headed toward the main door, followed by the others from behind. “A girl would be nice,” she whispered on Bomi’s ear before she came inside her luxury car.

Bomi and Sehun could only smile thinly after Mrs. Oh gone. They stared at each other while throwing some meaningful gaze, but it suddenly interrupted when Mr. Yoon – who was standing at their back from earlier, clearing his throat.

“So, Sehun-ah. I want to ask Bomi to accompany me to go to shopping at the convenience store that located near this place. Is it okay with you?”

“Of course. She’s still your daughter, Abeoji. So you can pick her whenever you want,” a grin formed on Sehun’s face as he pushed Bomi lightly to her father.

“Okay, I’ll go back home in an hour. Bye,” it was Bomi’s last word before she’s following her father’s step into their car.

***

 

“I thought that you asked me to give you company to the convenience store,” Bomi said as they arrived in one fine café near her neighborhood.

“What happened with you and Sehun?” her father briefly asked right after the barista walked out to processing their orders.

“Pardon?” Bomi acted like she didn’t hearing her father question, though actually she heard it clearly.

“I could smell that there’s something weird happened with you and him,”

Bomi’s eyes widened in shocked, but she tried to covering it with a laugh. “What are you talking about, Appa? You could see that we’re more than alright earlier.”

“Don’t lie. I raised you for more than 24 years, Bbom. I can see that there’s something that you hide from me. Your eyes can’t lie,” Mr. Yoon said firmly as he staring at his daughter eyes.

“Appa, you scared me,” Bomi immediately leered her eyes to the left side, refusing to make an eye contact with her own father.

Mr. Yoon slowly grabs his daughter hand. “Bbom-ah, listen to me,” he heaved a sigh before started to continuing his words. “If there’s something bad happened with you and your husband, you should let me know. As your father, I should protect my own daughter.”

A faint smile suddenly formed on Bomi’s face. She knew that she cannot hide anything from him since her father is a closest family member for her beside Doojoon. Her father didn’t attending her marriage a month ago since he still has a business trip abroad. So, he could not capturing the sadness that his lovely daughter had to hide during the ceremony.

“I can’t forget him, Appa… I still loved him,” Bomi said bitterly, while tried to hold the tears for not slip out from her eyes.

Her father had taken aback by her sudden remark. “Who are you talking about? Are you having a boyfriend?”

“I dated him before these arrange marriage happened,” Bomi stopped when she could feel a tear fell from the edge of her eyes. “I dated him for 8 months already.”

“Oh my…” Mr. Yoon rubbed his temple. “Why didn’t you tell me about this from the start? If you letting me know that you already had someone that you loved, I’ll not—“

“I did this for our family,” Bomi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter