Prologue

You Belong with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bbom-ah, this is for you,”

Bomi could not help herself for not gaping in disbelief when she found her boyfriend, Kim Wonshik, was giving love bangles to her. They were sitting together near the Han River at that night.

“W-Wonshik oppa, how could you—“

Wonshik chuckled. “I knew you will ask me how I get much money to buy this for you. Am I right?” he asked as he staring at Bomi deeply.

Bomi nodded and Wonshik suddenly hold her hand.

“I worked hard day and night during these months at my friend café. And he paid me enough, so finally I could buy this for you,” he said as he kissed the back of her palm softly.

“B-But—“

“Sshhh…” Wonshik was placing his index finger on Bomi’s lips to prevent her for protesting. “I knew how much you liking this bangle. I’ve seen you always stunned in front of the window shop every time we came to Myeongdong. So, I decided to secretly buy this for you as a surprise.”

“Thank you,” Bomi said almost whispering as a tear suddenly escape from the edge of her eyes.

Wonshik frowned as he was noticing that his girlfriend was crying. “Bbom-ah, why were you crying? Did you disliking the gift?” he took his hand to wipe the tear on her cheek.

Bomi quickly shook his head. “No, I loved it so much. And you were right. I fell in love with this bangles since the very first time I saw it when we went to Myeongdong 2 months ago—“ Bomi paused as she tried to stop herself from sobbing. “But, I feel so touched because you spent your money only for buying me this kind of gift. Because I know your little brothers needs it more than—“

“Bomi-ah, listen to me,” Wonshik cut her words by cupping her face with his palms. “I didn’t know what I should do to make you happy. And I think by buying you the thing that you loved, it can bring your smile back.”

“But Oppa, you know that the only thing that can make me happy is making you to be my husband,” Bomi said in the midst of her sobs.

Wonshik let out a sigh as he releasing his hand from Bomi’s before a faint smile curled in his face. “But you know that your family disliking me,” he said.

“Tell me what should I do?” Bomi grabbed his hand this time. “If you were asking me to run away with you. I’ll do it!”

“No, Bbom. You can’t do that. I’m afraid that your parents will get mad and it will cause damage in your life. You know who I am, right? I’m just a barista who worked in a small café with a low salary. I should take care of my little brother school payment. I’ll only make you suffering,” Wonshik said bitterly, and without his noticing, a tear suddenly fell from his eyes.

“I don’t care, Oppa. As long as I can be with you,” Bomi shifted her seat closer before she hugged him tightly.

“But your family will never think the same. They hate me,” Wonshik said as he shifting on her hug. He was wailing unsoundly.

“What should I do? What should I do to fix everything? What should I do to make things right, oppa?”

Wonshik pulled away slowly from her hug, before he the younger hair. “Bbom-ah…” he said as he staring at her deeply. “Please be a good daughter. Your family needs you.”

“But Oppa, how about you?”

“I will be okay. You don’t have to worry about me,” he smiled thinly, he tried to hide his sadness.

“Oppa—“

“It’s 8, I think we still have enough time to go to the Amusement Park, didn’t we?” Wonshik immediately changed their conversation as he glancing at his wrist watch. “Come on, Bbom.”

***

 

“Bbom-ah, I want to play the Merry-Go-Round, then let’s playing the roller coaster too,” Wonshik dragged her girlfriend to come to the Lotte World with him.

Bomi only nodded in agreement without saying any words.

They spent almost an hour at the Amusement Park. Unlike the other couples around the park, both of Wonshik and Bomi spent their time without a smile and even no word escaped from their lips.  It was like they were in rush, Bomi and Wonshik just kept on checking their wrist watch as they played.

 

And finally, they went into the Ferris wheel. They could enjoy the beautiful view of Seoul’s night from it, but it couldn’t heal their broken hearts.

Bomi have been dating with Wonshik for almost 8 months. They met each other when Bomi and her friends were visiting the café where Wonshik had to work at. Bomi fell in love with him at the first sight since she found that the boy was good looking, manly and nice. A couple of weeks after their first meeting and a lot of messages exchanged later, Wonshik confessed to her and asked her to go on a date after he got his first salary.

Bomi could not help herself from not smiling every time she remembered how nervous Wonshik when he confessed to her.

She could not help herself from not blushing every time she remembered how cheeky his smile when she agreed to be his girlfriend.

 

“Let’s making a beautiful farewell for us,” Wonshik suddenly said and made Bomi snapped out from her reverie.

“Pardon?” Bomi was blinking her eyes – being clueless.

“Actually, I’ve b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter