Knocking

Spring is for lovers.

Tiffany was still lounging about her apartment, book long forgotten her phone right by her side as she snacked on chips watching a mindless weekend television. Tiffany though she’d heard something go bump, and lowered the volume of her television set and she heard it again, someone was knocking at the door.

 

Tiffany slowly dragged her lazy body off of the sofa to stretch, and she noticed her sloppy attire. Throwing all caution away, she walked up to the door only then realizing that it was odd for someone to be knocking and not pressing the intercom bell.

 

Tiffany, feeling a bit nervous about the knocking hollered to the knocker to press the intercom. As soon as it buzzed Tiffany answered, “Who’s this?”

 

“Uh- ah- uh-, it’s Yuri, from yesterday. Geez. I’m sorry to just start knocking like that,” Yuri was explaining to the door, looking at her hands and feeling dumb. “Look, I’m sorry for just showing up like this but I wanted to see you, to tell you something, or ask you something--”

 

“Yuri stop let me open the door,” Tiffany cut the other woman off, she at least wanted to see her, Yuri seemed almost upset over something, and that was bothering Tiffany. Tiffany pulled the door open, inviting the girl into her apartment.

 

Yuri stepped in, but only as far as the entry way next to a couple pairs of Tiffany’s shoes, letting the door fall shut behind her. She looked at Tiffany and just smiled, she smiled like seeing the real thing beat out what she remembered about 10,000 times to one.

 

Tiffany grew self conscious with the woman standing there smiling at her, while she was poorly dressed in an too-big teeshirt and tight yoga pants, with her hair messily pulled back from her face and those huge glasses perched on her face.

 

Yuri collecting her will power that had seemed to have left her when she first stood at the door knocking began, “Tiffany, I want you to understand something about what’s going on here, I like you, and sure, we could be friends, but right now, that’s not what I want from you, do you understand?” Yuri was using every last bit of herself to get this all out without just running out of the apartment back to hers and crawling into her closet and never leaving.

 

“I want to date you.”



 

_ _

a

 

 

 

 

 

a/n- i was way to excited about this so i decided to just write some more. also i hope you guys know i love the comments.