Slipping out

Spring is for lovers.

The grass was short, spongy and yellow, not the plushy long green blades she would have prefered but, it didn’t matter Tiffany was sprawled out on a blanket waiting for her. She smiled at the thought, she walked up to her, he sneakers making nearly no sound on approach, she stood over Tiffany waiting for her to recognize her presence.

 

"You came!" Tiffany shouted, totally elated.

 

"I told you I would, all I needed was to finish up and assignment, why do you have such little faith in me?"  Yuri sat down besides the girl she was so excited to see, but she felt bad that she had elicited doubt in her.

 

Tiffany sat up and grabbed a basket she’d put together for them, while Yuri pulled out a couple of bottles of sparkling water.

 

The two set up the blanket for their picnic lunch and began eating.

 

“Did you know that you’re just really gorgeous?” Yuri mused, she hadn’t exactly meant to say it out loud but it was honestly what she’d been thinking since she picked up the triangled piece of sandwich and held it without eating. Simply staring at the girls in front of her.

 

Maybe it if weren’t such a surprise for Tiffany to hear it she would have smiled, but she was knocked off guard but the whole thing she just blushed a bit meekly. Yuri’s cheeks were also flaming as her brain caught up with what had just done.

 

“I- I- I mean,” Yuri coughed out trying to save face.

 

Tiffany’s bold side recovered faster, “You mean what? I’m not?”

 

“No, no, I mean, n- yes! Wait what?” Yuri was confusing herself and it was cute, at least from Tiffany’s point of view. “You’re amazingly beautiful, and that’s what I mean.” Yuri finally said something, she wasn’t going to take it back if she meant it, and she did, she’d already said it, and maybe this was better, she thought, just laying it, or rather, herself out there.

 

Yuri figured, if everything blew-up in her face, she’d feel better in the end knowing she gave it a shot.



 

_ _

a