Driving

Spring is for lovers.

Yuri texted Tiffany for the hour and a half her brother and his wife spent inspecting the gently used items from her cousins. She wasn’t trying to be rude but she couldn’t help how badly she wanted to text Tiffany.

 

From the perspective of her family, who kept glancing at her sharing teasing nods, whispers and giggles over their infatuated little relative. They’d forgive her for this.

 

With all the furniture packed into the two cars, Yuri cut the conversation with Tiffany off to safely drive back to Seoul. The drive felt incredibly lonesome to Yuri, she felt like she was missing someone. At a stop she her hands free and called up her best friend from work, Sooyoung.

 

The phone rang exactly three times before it was answered. “This is Soo, what it do?”

 

Yuri was in disbelief over the greeting, she almost forgot to respond, “I bet you’ve been waiting weeks for me to call you so you could answer like that,” Yuri laughed at her friend.

 

“Shut up.” Sooyoung was clearly pouting at her phone, “What do you want anyway?”

 

“Do you remember my neighbor?”

 

“That chick you always talk about seeing?”

 

“Mhmm, I think I really like her, Soo.”

 

“Is she gay? I don’t want to see you put yourself through the same again Yul, you know you always beat around the bush and then she just wants to be friends.” Yuri sighed, Sooyoung wasn’t even saying this to be mean or even to , Yuri had set herself up with some really painful heartaches in the past.

 

“I don’t know but I’m going to find out this time,” Yuri squeezed her hands on the steering wheel tightly, “I’m going to soon.”

 

The pair chatted for the next hour of Yuri’s drive home.



 

_ _

a

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
a/n- super late and extra short update, but there was kcon and i was busy... sorry. lion heart teasers are really exciting too.