Spring

Spring is for lovers.

The sun was shining big and bright in the sky over head, with her black hair spread out over the blanket underneath her Tiffany hummed a silly little tune, outlining clouds with her fingers. The sun felt warm and comforting against her skin, she loved feeling those rays of light which travelled so far to reach her warming her skin giving it a fresh glow. The dark outline of a person loomed overhead her eyes making quick work of sorting out who was blocking out the sun.

 

"You came!" Tiffany squealed

.

"I told you I would," Yuri's deep voice warmed Tiffany in ways the sun never could from the inside out, "All I needed was to finish up and assignment, why do you have such little faith in me?"  Yuri lowered her body down to the blanket sitting by the other girl's head. Her posture reeked of insecurity, betraying her 'cool girl' aura.

 

Tiffany may not be trusting of other people, but Yuri wasn't trusting of herself.

 

The pair had planned a picnic lunch at the park nearest to the complex the both lived in, the winter had been both grueling and long, leaving it's cold enduring clutch on the early days of spring. The neighbors having both noted the others' misery over the winter and arranged this outing on a cold night when they were hopping from shelter to shelter together to get away from the frozen rain drops that were falling with a particular vengeance.

 

Tiffany, being the bolder, proposed that as soon as the weather was fitting the pair have a picnic to celebrate the coming of spring.Yuri was doing internal somersaults, she’d been interested at Tiffany for as long as she could remember seeing her waiting at the bus stop nearest their apartment, it had been slow going but the two had by the winter become well acquainted.

 

It was lucky for Yuri, that to say yes only took her nodding her head. She was the definition of dumbfounded, and thats when her serious spring fever kicked in, she shelter hopped Tiffany to her building then she floated the rest of the way to hers.













_ _
a