08 Ryeowook

The Untold Story of Two

chapter eight

ryeowook: the accident

Ryeowook: The Accident

After hearing about the accident from Siwon, Jinyoung couldn't help but be curious about many things about the situation. After a long night's sleep, he realizes that there are so many holes in the story of his fathers' relationships.

There was so much he didn't know, so much that he needed to know.

"I heard about the accident that happened during my fathers' first date," Jinyoung began to explain, "but there are some things that I am still a bit unsure about. How did the two of them take the accident? Did my father, Donghae, blame my other father, Eunhyuk?"

Ryeowook laughs a little, "Blame? Oh, I don't think that's the right word to describe it."

 

"Donghae!" a desperate, crying Eunhyuk grasped the unconscious boy's hand, "Donghae, please! Stay with me! Don't leave me here alone! I- I can't live without you. You're my everything, and for the first time in my life, I thought I finally found someone who was finally perfect for me. I didn't even get to tell you how much I love you. We didn't even have our first kiss yet. If you leave me now, then I'll never forgive you. Do you hear me? Lee Donghae!"

After immediate surgery, Donghae had finally seemed to have stabilized, but the other was still unable to gather all of his emotions. He was so terrified that he will be left behind by the one he loved most.

He can't stop thinking about their first meetings. His smile, his touch, his love. Everything just seemed so magnified, and he felt like he just lost his entire world.

However, that feeling didn't last too long, something he was extremely thankful for. After approximately 24 hours after Donghae's surgery, he finally woke up

That night was filled with tears.

Eunhyuk never ever stopped blaming himself for what had happened. He constantly claimed that it was all his fault for not seeing the reckless driver on the road.

If he only insisted that Donghae stay the night, then this would have never had happened. If he only drove a little more carefully, then Donghae would never had gotten surgery. If he only held Donghae back for a minute longer, then this whole accident would be avoided.

If only.

The whole incident revolved around those two words.

But even then, Donghae just continuted to smile like he always does, "It's not your fault. It never was, and I never did blame you."

It was definitely true love, the boy never blamed anyone. No hatred, no regret, no sadness.

He was truly an angel.

That is until Ryeowook finally saw Donghae after his discharge from the hospital. The boy wanted to ask him if he could get his iPod back, something that Donghae had borrowed prior to the accident for some sort of project.

However, when he called out to him, the male did not respond in the slightest.

Was he being ignored? Or did he not hear anything? Ryeowook didn't understand what was going on. Donghae had always been friends with him. He was always friendly, trying to help him even when help was unnecessary.

"Donghae!" he tries again, but even as Donghae turned around to see who was calling him, he is frozen in place as he hears his reply.

"Who are you?"

Eunhyuk tried to explain to Ryeowook that the doctor had warned him that Donghae might have been suffering from minor head trauma and make experience some memory loss, but Eunhyuk knew that there was something different about him.

Something strange was going on.

With the exception of Eunhyuk, Donghae seemed to lose interest in just about everything he used to love. His love of music had disappeared. His love of dogs had disappeared. His love of seafood also disappeared.

Can someone change so much after experiencing memory loss? Can memory loss even take away a person's habits, likes, and dislikes?

Not to mention, Ryeowook couldn't feel anything but uneasiness when it comes to how fast Donghae seemed to have recovered after the surgery.

It was unnatural.

 

"Although it wasn't in front of Eunhyuk," Ryeowook mumbles, "he seemed to lose his temper a lot more around his old friends. We don't like to admit it, but both of them changed a lot through their relationship."

Jinyoung closes his notebook and gives him a sad look, "And it wasn't in a good way, was it?"

The boy just shook his head, "I don't know yet, but if they managed to stay together long enough to adopt you and live a life together as a family, it must not have been too bad. Don't you think?"

author's note

 

Love Lesson #7. Well, this isn't really a love lesson. Don't be stuck in the past. Learn to move on. Yes, guilt is good to oan extent. It shows that you care, but if you continue to dwell in the past and let one single regret control your life, well. You're not going to be happy for a long time.