07 Siwon

The Untold Story of Two

chapter seven

siwon: the first date

Siwon: The First Date

Although Jinyoung couldn't find a rational answer to his question he had proposed to Hangeng, he decides that he should gather all of the information first. Maybe there was something that he hadn't been told yet.

There must've been something else to their story.

"I'm surprised that the two of them are divorced," Siwon spoke quietly as he crosses his arms against his chest, "When that had happened, I thought the two of them were the strongest people I know."

Jinyoung's ears perked up, "When what had happened?"

"Their first date."

 

"E-Eunhyuk?" Donghae's eyes widened as he felt his heart thumping against his chest, one beat at a time, "What are you doing?"

The other laughs softly as he took a step towards Donghae's doorway, "Just a little something to flatter the school's new princess."

Donghae's eyes clearly flicker in excitement as he sees the bouquet of roses in his hands, "You didn't have to."

"Oh, but I did," he replies immediately, the princely expression never fading, "Especially after your little cute charade at the coffee shop last time. What was it? The staring, the loud noises, the walk-by?"

A tint of red crept upon Donghae's cheeks as he immediately spins around, walking back into his house, "You can stop teasing me about that now!"

However, he knew that Eunhyuk wasn't going to stop. The boy found too much excitement in making the other boy embarrassed. The red apple tinted cheeks and the nervous thumping of the heart, he found it all way too adorable.

That's why he had the perfect date planned for the perfect boy.

Within minutes, Eunhyuk had managed to whisk Donghae away with him in his car. He couldn't wait anymore. The excitement of trying to impress his newly found boyfriend was overwhelming, and while he was nervous to death, a part of him knew that Donghae would love everything he had planned for the night.

"We aren't going to a restaurant?" Donghae suddenly asks as Eunhyuk pulls up on his own driveway, "I thought first dates were usually at restaurants. Don't you want to impress me?"

He feigns being hurt, but Eunhyuk knew better. Especially since Donghae's hidden smile was not-so-hidden anymore.

Opening the car door for the other, he just chuckles, "I remembered that you said you like homemade food better than eating out. What were the words you told me? Oh right, it shows more sincerity."

"You're really something," Donghae mumbles, but between the two of them, they both knew that he was impressed by Eunhyuk's actions, "Don't tell me you prepared - "

" - Dakdoritang (spicy braised chicken) with some fruits from tangerine to strawberries to pears afterwards," Eunhyuk immediately finished, "I remembered your favorites too."

Donghae raised an eyebrow, "Then you'd know that I like to drink - "

"Milk," he grins, proud that he knows the answer, "I have that prepared too. It helps with the spiciness too, so it's perfect."

The other was a little taken aback, surprised that Eunhyuk really did remember everything that he has ever told him. With this, he knows how much the other cares for him, and that was more than anything he could ever wish for.

His first boyfriend, and he already knows that he hadn't chosen the wrong boy.

Dinner finished without a single problem. With Donghae shuffling nervously in his chair as he felt Eunhyuk's strong gaze on him, he could feel his heart racing against his chest. Thumping wildly, a sign of true affection.

He had never felt so loved before.

To create an even more romantic atmosphere, Eunhyuk then proceeded to serenade him with one of his favorite songs: This I Promise You.

A gentle touch to the keyboard keys of his piano, and his beautiful voice ringing in the house throughout. It was enough to convince Donghae that he had finally gotten to have his own little sneak peek of Heaven.

This was the night he promises that he will never give up on Eunhyuk.

After all, he really was the prince of the school, the prince in his life.

However, that all changes as the night drew to a close. The two were reluctant to part, but Donghae knew that he didn't want to rush things. He wants some mystery in their relationship to keep things interesting.

He doesn't want to give up everything just yet.

This is a game of the heart, a game of love, and he is caught. Bad.

But that decision was the most fatal mistake he could have ever made. On the way back, a loud scream was heard, and the tires squeaked. A soul-shattering crash was heard, and a puddle of red grew infinitely.

A drunk driver had hit the passenger side of the car, the side that had held Donghae.

 

"You're saying my dads were in a car accident?" Jinyoung's eyes were wide. Of course, he has never ever heard anything about this before.

With each story, the events were getting ridiculous. What happened to the picture-perfect relationship that he had always heard about? All of these friends were telling their account of what they thought of the relationship, and each were a little darker than he had originally thought they would be.

So why did these same friends once tell him how amazing their love was?

Siwon shakes his head, "I know you're probably really surprised right now because everything you thought you knew was a little different, but there are reasons why everyone thought your parents were having the flawless love that they talked about."

"Would you explain it to me then?" Jinyoung immediately challenges, "Because I don't see how anyone can describe how this was anything close to perfect."

"Because the two complimented each other well. They accepted each other for their differences. They accepted each other even as they changed. Frankly, I'm surprised why they ever got a divorce."

author's note

 

No Love Lessons this time. I just think this was very cute (up until the end of course) :') The first date is the first impression.