13 Impossible

The Untold Story of Two

chapter thirteen

impossible: The resulting hypothesis

Impossible: The Resulting Hypothesis

This must all be some weird fate that brought two pairs of twins together. That was what had Jinyoung convinced. Flipping through his past notes, he realized how complicated his fathers' love actually was. He realized how complicated a person could be.

After making his way back home and realizing that Donghae had gone out for the day, Jinyoung quickly made his way back into his room.

Ripping out each page of the notes he had taken, he lined up all the pages on his table. He had to find a way to make all the stories fit into a timeline. The guys he had interviewed had just spoken the tale of his fathers' love without any real chronological order.

Even if each little recount of their relationship was just a little part of a bigger picture, they were enough to stand alone.

Quickly and quietly, Jinyoung begun to rearrange the notes, so they would all come together and tell the perfect story, something he could use to write his essay about. But as he continued to get closer to making the whole story flow, he felt a chill down his spine.

"This can't be right," Jinyoung mumbles, tapping his fingers along his knee, "I must be overthinking everything."

But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Pulling out his pen once more and grabbing a clean sheet of paper, he began to jot down a couple of things. He added the events one by one (condensed, of course) before he began to add in some explanations for the changes of behavior, the inconsistency in the stories, and then suddenly, he was left looking at a stranger picture of the timeline.

It explained Donghae and Eunhyuk's strange behaviors as told by Yesung and Kangin. It would explain the inconsistency of the fact that Donghae had stated that he never dated by Leeteuk and the ex-lover that Kangin had spoken of.

The strange fact found in Hangeng's story where Eunhyuk had stated that their first date was a different place other than the coffee shop that they were at would no longer seem too weird.

The accident as told by Siwon and Ryeowook would make sense. The reason why Donghae never blamed Eunhyuk and continuted to smile. The reason why he recovered so quickly would no longer seem too unrealistic. The changes in behavior, the changes in habits, and everything related.

Kyuhyun's story about how Donghae forgot important dates wouldn't seem so tragic anymore. Shindong, Sungmin, and Kibum's accounts of their family and childhood life would fit into it all as well.

The explanation was too perfect.

And this scared Jinyoung more than anyone could know. Slowly but surely, he puts the pen down and holds up the notebook that has his impossible hypothesis written.

My fathers are not who they say they are.

Below that, he finds the timeline of event he had concluded had happened. His heart thumping against his chest as his eyes glazed over every single word. Slowly but surely, he found it extremely difficult to breathe.

 

1. Donghae and Leeteuk enters a coffee shop where Donghae first meets Eunhyuk, the prince of school. This is the first meeting, and Donghae first takes interest in Eunhyuk, attempting to make Eunhyuk notice him with everything he's got. He succeeds.

2. To capture Donghae's first attention, Eunhyuk plans the first date with everything that he remembers Donghae likes, but it ends in a car accident in which Donghae ends up getting fatally injured.

3. After the car accident and the resulting surgery, Donghae wakes up 24 hours after surgery is over. During his recovery period in the hospital, Donghae must've let his family know about his situation. At some point in time where Eunhyuk went home to get some change of clothes or foods for Donghae, Donghwa appeared at the hospital and got rid of Donghae, taking his place permanently.

4. After Donghwa took over, Donghae disappeared. Donghwa's personality and likes are different from Donghae's which would explain the changes in behavior and attitude and, of course, the miraculous speedy recovery. It would explain why he forgot all sorts of events and why he couldn't remember who Ryeowook was.

5. Donghwa plans a second date with Eunhyuk in which Donghwa's ex-lover comes back. Donghae never lied about his relationships. He really had none. Donghwa is the one with the crazy relationships that never succeeded. He must've wanted to live the "good" life as Donghae. He must've been tired from trying to beat him all his life, and this was his method of revenge. That would explain Jaeyoon's hesitation when Eunhyuk called him "Donghae". It would explain her talking about the "sick games" that Donghwa was playing by taking the place of his brother.

6. Because Eunhyuk believed that Donghae had lied about the relationship, and he believed that there was a chance that his ex-lovers would come back to harm him like Jaeyoon had said, he felt himself growing paranoid. He felt an overwhelming need to ask about Donghae's whereabouts and such. The fact that Donghae was forgetting all sorts of events made him feel like he really was just a "toy" and Donghae didn't care for him.

7. Talking with Kyuhyun must've made Eunhyuk realize that this love wasn't worth the pain; Donghae had changed. Eunhyuk breaks up with "Donghae", and he spends the night crying with Heechul who tells him that was a crazy decision to make.

8. To clear his mind, Eunhyuk decides to go home and talk to his only brother who always gave the most realisitic, blunt advices ever. However, his brother resented Eunhyuk for taking his place to attend college. As a result, he takes Eunhyuk's place, and Eunhyuk disappears.

9. Hyukjae returns and meets with Donghwa, asking him if they can completely start over. Neither of them are who they say they are, so they don't know what the truth behind Eunhyuk and Donghae's relationship was. That's why they didn't know where their first meet was. That's why they didn't even know that the two never had a first kiss. They didn't catch any inconsistencies. They had made everything up.

10. The relationship continued because everyone assured them that they were perfect for each other, and neither of them could break character without making it extremely suspicious, but as time went on, there was never any attraction. They must've suspected something was up because neither of them would actively make advances on the other. They pushed their "close" friends away, and they cut off contact.

They are getting a divorce, because they found out the truth about each other.

That's why it's so sudden, so random, so out-of-the-blue.

 

Maybe it was all his mistake, but a part of him couldn't shrug off that one deadly thought. The one thought that made his childhood seem completely unfamiliar.

Jinyoung feels his heart come to a stop.

"...So where are Donghae and Eunhyuk if the people that raised me were Donghwa and Hyukjae?"

 

author's note

 

No weird lessons this time LOL. I'm sure most of you had seen some of this hypothesis coming, but here it is in writing. Jinyoung's imagination is like WHOA.