06 Hangeng

The Untold Story of Two

chapter six

hangeng: the make-up

Hangeng: The Make-Up

Unfortunately for Jinyoung, Hangeng didn't know the details about the accident either. However, he was able to confirm that something did in fact happen.

"What was your take on my fathers' relationship?" Jinyoung begins, a generic question of course, but he didn't know what else to ask.

Hangeng taps his fingers on the table, "From what I remember, the two of them never broke things up. The last date I heard about that occurred between them happened on a good note."

The thought of the two being happy with one another intrigues Jinyoung, especially after all that he has heard so far.

 

"I heard you went home last week," Donghae breaks the silence, "Did you find the peace that you were looking for?"

Eunhyuk stirs the straw in the drink in front of him, "I did actually. I guess I was dumb enough to believe those rumors that the girl had said."

He just gives him a smile and nods, "I'm glad you didn't misunderstand the lies that girl said. She clearly isn't right in the mind. She said it herself; she goes to see a therapist every day. You'd have to be an idiot to believe the words she says."

"I suppose she did make quite the scene," he states nonchalantly, "but it doesn't matter anymore. I took care of things. We shouldn't be seeing her again."

A strange look flashes across Eunhyuk's face, but it quickly disappears.

Typically, people would like to ask "how" Donghae had taken care of things, but the other wasn't particularly interested. He doesn't want to know things that he would regret asking.

And, in all honesty, a part of him didn't care.

So, instead, the boy looks up at the other, "Donghae, can I ask you something?"

Donghae tilts his head to the side, "Of course."

"Can we start anew?" he begins to speak, "Can we pretend that nothing that happened prior to today happened? I know a couple of things have happened between us, and it's a little awkward between us. My jealousy, the accident, and the ex-girlfriend. Let's forget them all. Let's pretend today was the first day we met. Let's start on a clean slate."

"Eunhyuk," his voice was soft, "You're really serious about this? You're the one who broke up with me. Did you forget?"

Eunhyuk doesn't say a word. He doesn't have to. His eyes were full of honesty and sincerity. Just by gazing into his eyes, Donghae knew exactly what he wanted.

"You want to forget everything? Even the beginning? Even the place where we first met? The place we first kissed?" he asked, slightly hesitant; a part of him needed the confirmation.

"Do you even remember where all of those happened?" Eunhyuk raises his hand, pointing to his own head, "Isn't your memory a little lacking since that incidence? This probably isn't a big deal for you anyways."

Donghae hesitates, taking in the entire situation. He can't quite put his finger on it, but after Eunhyuk had returned from his home trip, he could tell that he had finally found himself. He didn't need to be told by anyone, and he could already tell that Eunhyuk's way of thinking had changed.

Prior to leaving, Eunhyuk used to depend on him for everything. He might have been named the prince of the school, but he was more fragile than anyone he knew.

He chuckles, "Eunhyuk, you've really changed."

"Is that good or is that bad?" the other replies.

However, Donghae doesn't reply his question. Instead, he nods and places his chin in the palm of his propped up hand, "Very well. Let's pretend today was our first meeting."

"A different place, a different time," Eunhyuk confirms.

 

As soon as Hangeng finished recalling what had happened, Jinyoung hesitates for a second. Something didn't sit right with him.

"Where did you hear this occurred?" the boy asks curiously.

Hangeng paused, "I believe it was at a coffee shop near our school. Why? Is something the matter?"

He immediately pulls out the notebook that he had been writing down all the notes on the recounts on the past he had taken. Flipping back to Leeteuk's first account, Jinyoung pauses. Glancing back and forth between the notes of Leeteuk and Hangeng he had just taken, he looks up with a strange look.

"The coffee shop was where they met the first time, so why did Eunhyuk say it was a different place?"

author's note

 

Love Lesson #5. There is nothing wrong with giving a relationship another try. I think forgiveness is key to a relationship, and it will help keep two people from holding grudges. Grudges are bad.