12 Kibum

The Untold Story of Two

chapter twelve

kibum: the childhood of lee eunhyuk

Kibum: The Childhood of Lee Eunhyuk

Naturally, Jinyoung wondered if Donghae actually knew that he was ruining his own brother's life. He wondered if Donghae intentionally made his brother's life a living Hell. If that was how Donghae was all his life, then Jinyoung was starting to have trouble trying to find out who is Lee Donghae.

Jinyoung felt like he didn't know his father as well as he thought he did.

If he couldn't figure out who Donghae was, then maybe he could focus his paper on Eunhyuk. First things first, he just needed to interview that last family friend. He could think about how his essay will be written after he's got all the necessary information.

"You want to know about Eunhyuk?" Kibum pauses for a second, "I'm surprised he didn't tell you anything himself. He's lived quite the privileged childhood."

 

"Are they outside again?" Kibum peeks out the curtain of the window in Eunhyuk's room, "Can't you guys do something about this? This is ridiculous!"

Outside of Eunhyuk's room was a bunch of screaming girls who were holding up signs that stated anything that was related to: I love you, Eunhyuk.

"I've asked them to leave before," he sighs, rubbing his temples lightly, "But they just won't listen. I can't physically force them to leave, can I?"

Kibum shoots him a look, "Do you see them outside? It looks like you're having a concert here. They are loud and disruptive. Don't your neighbors get annoyed or complain at all?"

"If they do, then I never hear about it," he stays, thinking back into the past, "Though it might just be because all those girls outside are either the neighbors' kids who go to our school, or they are just my neighbors in general."

Ever since Eunhyuk was a child, he was always deemed the prince of the school. It didn't matter how many times he switched between schools, he always ended up with the same title. He was always respected by the teachers. The girls idolized him because of his looks and his level of intelligence while the boys loved him because he was a talented dancer.

Between everyone he came in contact with him, they always saw him to be some perfect being. Nothing less.

It was no wonder that his brother, Hyukjae, couldn't take it anymore.

"Can you please get these dumb classmates of ours off of our property?"

Eunhyuk furrows his eyebrows, "That's not very nice."

As soon as he spoke, he earned himself an annoyed eye-roll, "Yes, because coming to someone else's house and screaming like there's no tomorrow is the epitome of being nice and considerate."

The sarcasm was thick, but Eunhyuk couldn't deny his brother's logic.

This happened more than a few times. Eunhyuk had cared so much about being politically correct and socially polite that he was incapable of speaking up for himself. He found himself turning away from the truth all the time.

His brother was different, and everyone knew how much Eunhyuk envied Hyukjae. Hyukjae could speak the truth without a care in the world. While Eunhyuk was living a fake life to make people around him happy, Hyukjae was out earning himself some real friends.

But when high school ended, and the two of them needed to graudate and move onto college, their parents could only afford to send one of their beloved boys to college. To ensure that whoever they sent wouldn't end up dropping out or wasting the college tuition, they made sure that Eunhyuk was the one to leave.

Hyukjae was too blunt and honest in their opinion, and the Lee parents were afraid that he would be suspended or expelled from school too quickly.

Naturally, the "better" child was the safer choice.

Hyukjae resented Eunhyuk for being the favorite child in the family. in school, by the girls, and the boys. However, whatever amount of hatred he felt for his brother must've dissipated at some point when the two were separated.

It was supposed that he learned to get over it.

Because when Eunhyuk came back home a few years ago, the only person he could confide in was Hyukjae, and that was what he did. It seemed like he needed his brother's brutal honesty and truth in his life for the first time in his life.

Their parents died ten years ago in a car accident after all.

No one really knew what was wrong with Eunhyuk except Hyukjae, because he kept saying how he didn't want to talk about it, but from what people could take away from his appearance, it must've been love troubles.

After a day or two, the brothers left together.

What happened to Hyukjae or Eunhyuk after that, no one around here actually knows.

 

"Though I suppose I now know that Eunhyuk ended up adopting you with his significant other," Kibum smiles widely, "You seem like a wonderful kid. I bet they raised you well."

Jinyoung laughs a bit sadly, "I only wished that my parents stayed together."

"I only wish I could see the whole Lee family together once more," the male speaks sadly, "We were quite close family friends back then, even with the Lee twins fighting all the time."

Hearing that word once more made Jinyoung feel slightly uncomfortable, "Twins?"

"Yeah, you didn't know?" Kibum speaks up, "Hyukjae and Eunhyuk are twins."

author's note

 

#SIBLINGGOALS2. This doesn't only apply to siblings. Just because something doesn't bother you, doesn't mean it doesn't bother someone else. Be considerate to your surroundings please.