04 Yesung

The Untold Story of Two

chapter FOUR

YESUNG: THE STRANGENESS BEHIND EUNHYUK

Yesung: The Strangeness Behind Eunhyuk

Where there are happinesses and truths, there are also doubts and lies.

That's what Jinyoung realized when he met with the third friend, Kim Yesung. While he was not a very judgmental person, he could tell that there was something amiss about the way Eunhyuk moved and talked.

"Can you tell me about the relationship between Eunhyuk and Donghae?"

Yesung swallowed hard, "I don't like talking bad about people. I know everyone thought that the two were a match made in Heaven, but I couldn't help but think otherwise. Something wasn't right about that Lee Eunhyuk."

 

"Donghae," Yesung began as the two of them walked down the street near their school, "Do you want to go grab some food with me and the guys later this afternoon?"

"What's the occasion?" Donghae raises an eyebrow, "You guys don't get together for no reason. I know you all well enough."

Yesung chuckles softly, "It's one of the guy's birthday. We wanted to do something special, but he insisted grabbing a bite to eat was sufficient."

"I don't have anything planned in particular tonight," the other replies nonchalantly, but it was immediately interrupted by an increasingly upset voice, a voice belonging to none other than Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk's eyes were indecipherable, at least to Yesung.

However, he could point out one thing. There was something about his gaze that was just simply dark, and it was unsettling. But even then, the boy couldn't peel his eyes away from the strange boy in front of him.

"Are you going somewhere?" Eunhyuk speaks, his voice slow.

Donghae smiles in return, "A birthday gathering for a friend. I'd ask you to come along, but I don't think you are acquainted with him. He was a family friend, but he goes to a different school from me now."

"Is it mandatory? You know that I don't like you hanging out with people I don't know," the other raises an eyebrow, his gaze as strong as ever.

"Eunhyuk," Yesung tried to explain.

He wanted to defend his friend who was being misunderstood by his lover. Jealousy was typical in such romantic situations, and he knew it. But even then, he believes that there should be a limit to which jealousy just becomes wrong.

However, as soon as that name was uttered, Eunhyuk didn't respond at all. Zero reaction. Nothing.

So he tries again, "Lee Eunhyuk!"

No response.

"Is this your little revenge tactic for what happened two days ago?" Donghae's frowns a little, "You know it wasn't true. Don't you trust me?"

It's clear that he doesn't know this side of Eunhyuk either. However, what made Yesung the most uneasy was the fact that "something happened two days ago". Something happened that made Donghae think Eunhyuk changed completely because of him.

So what did Donghae do that was so bad?

It doesn't take long for Donghae to decline the offer Yesung had given him. Eunhyuk's strange behavior caused Donghae to abandon his social life.

Does love really come first like this? The more he thought about it, the less comfortable he was with the idea of a slightly controlling boyfriend. Of course, it wasn't his business to involve himself with.

But even though that was what his mind told him, his heart was playing devil's advocate. His thoughts of Eunhyuk and the negativity he was passing along to Donghae were only confirmed as time passed.

The following week, Donghae's parents had come to visit his school. It was all light-hearted until Eunhyuk saw how much of his precious time with his boyfriend was taken away from him. Things only went downhill from there. The two of them had fought over who Donghae could spend time with.

The conclusion?

Donghae was only allowed to spend time with Eunhyuk.

It wasn't even that. Sure, Eunhyuk wanted to rob Donghae of his social life. However, he also wanted to spend every moment of every day with him. That's why it was never a surprise to find Eunhyuk at his house or by his side at school, always sticking to him 24/7.

The result of clinging to Donghae was a drastic change in prince Eunhyuk's personality. The constant "Where are you going?", "Did you just look at him?", and "Who is that person?" was a heavy toll on Donghae as well.

Even Yesung could no longer speak with Donghae anymore, as wished by Eunhyuk.

 

As Yesung's recount of the story came to a stop, Jinyoung couldn't believe his ears. From what he could remember, Eunhyuk trusted every single one of Donghae's actions. The two had never ever fought in his memory of them as they raised him.

"Are you sure you didn't remember it wrong?" the boy asked the elder, "I just can't see my fathers acting that way."

"Age does a lot to a person," Yesung sighs, "Perhaps they have matured by now, though I wouldn't know since I haven't spoken to Donghae in such a long time. I wonder if he is doing well."

Standing up slowly and placing a hand on the man's shoulder, Jinyoung puts on a reassuring smile, "Dad is fine. You don't have to worry."

author's note

 

Love Lesson #3: Clingy relationships are a no-no. You need social lives. Your partner needs social lives. A relationship which eliminates social lives is unhealthy, and it sets off a red flag. This is not the relationship you want.