Lee MinSung

Love and Betrayal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY4jSNQz2I 

IU - Someday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L had to leave but the little boy was still in the restaurant. You walked up to him and sat in the seat across from him. "Hey, did you choose something eat yet?" you asked. He shyly bit his lip and shook his head. You smiled and looked at the menu. "How about a ice cream sundae huh?" you asked. He nodded. "Noona will be right back so wait right here." you got out of your seat and went into the kitchen.

Soon, you came out with a bowl of ice cream sundae. You set it in front of him and he just stared at it. "Waegulae? Are you hurting somewhere?" you asked. He shook his head. You worriedly looked at him. "Then what's wrong?" you asked. "I...don't have any money." you softened. You knew the exact same feeling. You warmly smiled at him.

"Didn't noona tell you before that I would pay for you? Go ahead and eat it all up." you encouraged. He grabbed the spoon and slowly took a bite. He looked at you but you encouraged him to eat more. He suddenly dug in like there was no tomorrow. "Woah, slow down or you'll get a tummy ache." you grabbed a napkin and wiped the ice cream off of his face.

The ice cream disappeared in a matter of seconds. He dropped the spoon into the bowl. "Are you full?" you asked and he nodded. You cleaned the bowl away and sat back in front of him.

"What's your name?" you asked. "Lee MinSung." he replied. You nodded. "Do you know where your mom is?" he shook his head. "Well, what about your dad?" he shook his head again. "Your sister? Brother?" he shook his head again. "Anyone?" he shook his head.

*Who takes care of him then?* you wondered. "Then...who takes care of you?" you asked. He pointed to himself. Your eyes widened in surprise. *He must be on his own.* you softened. *No wonder he tried to steal some money from those men. He's not even in middle school and he's on his own.* you knew the exact same feeling. You suddenly had an urge to take care of MinSung. You didn't want him to experience what you had. You were lucky enough to meet L, JunHyung, and the grandma.

You led him to the back of the kitchen where there was a small table and stool. You pulled out a notepad and pen. "Listen, stay here until noona finishes work. You can draw on this but don't go anywhere alright? If you need something, just let me know, arasso?" you asked. MinSung nodded and took the pen.

You cleaned, served, and calculated money for a few more hours until your shift was over. You went to the kitchen to see MinSung calmly doodling. You hung up your apron and walked up to the boy. "Hey-" you abrubtly stopped talking when you saw him drawing a picture of a woman and man holding his hand. You softened and immediately knew that they were his parents. You softly gazed at the innocent boy who was going through the exact same thing you were a few years ago.

"Hey, let's go." you said. He handed you the notepad and pen and you stuck it in your pocket. You took his small hand and walked to the front of the restaurant. "Halmuhni, we'll be going." you said. She looked at you then pulled you to the side. "Are you going to take that boy to the orphanage?" she asked. You shook your head. You knew that he would already be there if he wanted to be. You hated the idea of being sent away to live with people you don't know and didn't want to force that upon him.

"I'm going to take care of him." she gave you a look. "~~~~~-ah, you're already in a tough spot, how are you going to take care of someone else?" she asked. You just smiled. "It's alright, he's just like me a couple years ago. I was lucky to meet you and MyungSoo and JunHyung oppa. I want him to not feel lonely and take care of him." she softened and smiled. She your hair. "You know, you're a real angel ~~~~~-ah." you smiled feeling grateful.

She turned around and grabbed something from the counter. She placed it in your hands and you opened your fingers to see a roll of hundred dollar bills. Your eyes widened in surprise. "Halmuhni, I can't accept this. You need-" she shook her head. "No, you need it more. I'm safe. I have a stable home and insurance and credit. You need it much more than I do." she warmly smiled and you gratefully smiled back.

"Use this and support for yourself and him arasso?" you nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow then." she sent you off and you took MinSung's hand. You said goodbye and headed to your studio.

http://eslpost.com/file/apartments/bbs_tmp2007121112420915532.jpg 

http://www.teaching-esl-in-korea.com/images/apartment1.jpg 

http://imagesus.homeaway.ca/mda01/3fd136ce3f5137c243216e48d9695d97362e6caf 

You led him inside. He looked around and adjusted to his surroundings. "Come on, come in." you encouraged. You held his hand as he shuffled out of his shoes and walked inside. He looked around and you brought up a chair for him to sit it. You sat on the couch (that pulled out to be a bed) and faced him. "Listen, you don't want to go to a orphanage do you?" you asked. MinSung shook his head. "Don't worry, noona won't send you there. What do you think about staying here with me?" you asked.

He looked around and a small smile grew on his face. It was the first time you've seen him smile and it was a very sweet one. He nodded and you smiled. "Alright, then consider this place yours."

Soon, you had laid down the rules and information that he needed to know. He would be attending a small cheap elemtary school around the corner where the government funded for the students. You offered for him to sleep on the bed while you slept on the floor but he insisted on sleeping on the floor so you decided to take turns.

"Why don't we get your stuff first? Where are all of your stuff?" you asked. He stood up and you followed him. Soon, you two were at the park. You wondered why he brought you here. *Did he want to play here?* you wondered. He went to a patch of picnic tables, thick trees and bushes and went behind a little opening in the bush that was hidden by the tree. He popped out holding a old beaten box. Your eyes widened. *He lived in the park.* you gasped. You took the box and walked back home.

You pulled out a large t-shirt and pair of boxer shorts that you wore as PJs and handed them to him. "Here, go wash up and change into these. Noona will get you settled." he scurried off into the bathroom and you heard the water turn on. You heard a giggle and smiled. *He must be happy to have a home now.*

You started pulling items out from the box and gasped. His condition was much worse than yours ever was. Inside the box was a old ripped up hoodie, dirty t-shirt and shorts, ripped up and stained quilt, a old teddy bear with the stuffings coming out, a soda cup filled with money, old toys that he probably found lost in the park, and a small pocket album book with pictures of him and his family. You softened.

MinSung walked out of the bathroom looking clean and fresh. You smiled. "Are you feeling better?" you asked and he nodded. "Sit on the couch and watch some tv." he hopped onto the couch and you the tv. You bit your lip and glanced at him. "MinSung-ah, is it okay if noona throws these out?" you asked. You held up the clothes, blanket, and teddy bear. He stood up and took the teddy bear. "You can throw out the rest. Just not this please." you understood and threw out the clothes. You looked at the money on the table. *He needs some new clothes.* you stood up.

"Noona will be right back so stay here and just watch tv, arasso?" you asked and he obediently nodded. You pulled on a sweatshirt and your old converse and grabbed your wallet and cell phone. You roamed around Seoul for a little while and bought him some new clothes, books, school supplies, and snacks. You went back into your house and found MinSung fast asleep on the couch. You smiled and set the bags on the floor.

Soon, MinSung was settled on the couch bed with you settled on blankets and heat mat. You softly his head and gazed at him. *You strong boy. Geurae, stay strong and never lose your smile. Noona will help you. I'll try to be the JunHyung, MyungSoo, and Halmuhni.*