Chapter 7 : Lulled Into Each Other

Chimes (on hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks have passed since their date. Her invitation to the cinema date was cancelled due to their really busy schedules. It was really hard to lead a normal life for idols like them, who are popular in the country and overseas.

During those two weeks, they have probably texted to each other once or twice, and not more than that. 

Now, when they have some time, they are sitting in their dorms with the phones on their hands, and trying to text something to each other, at the same time. But both are thinking and re-thinking what to write, fearing it to be awkward. And both gave up due to their stupid fear and uneasiness.

"Hyung, why are fidgeting with your phone so much?" Sehun, the maknae of the group, asked.

At the same time, Kai entered the room, and before Suho could reply, said, "I forgot to ask you before, but how did "it" go?"

"Dude, its been 2 weeks already and you are asking me only now?" Suho exclaimed

"Wait, what is "it"?" Sehun was confused

"Well, Sehun-ah, our hyung here went on a date with a female idol" Kai replied smoothly, ignoring the angry frown of his hung towards him

"A - what? Female idol? Who?" The maknae spared no time asking multiple questions at once.

"Yah! You don't need to know." Suho retorted in a loud tone, still his angry gaze on Kai.

"Eunji-ssi" Kai smirked, making Suho harden his gaze at him more

"YAH!" Suho yelled

"Eunji-ssi? You mean of A-Pink?" asked the astonished Sehun

Kai just nodded and smirked his best smirk. 

"Oh My God! Hyung, why didn't you say anything to us?" He pouted. "Wait, so you have been fidgeting with your phone for a while, is it because of her?"

Kai grinned at the maknae's observation. "Hyung, you have not talked with her after that, have you?"

"Yah, I have, okay. It's just that it is still awkward." Suho ended with a mumble.

The younger boys just chuckled at their hyung's expression. 

"Do you need our help?" Sehun asked with an evil smile.

Suho contemplated and nodded slightly.

"Then, I would say, call her but end the call abruptly." Sehun explained. Suho was about to question when he continued again. "Hyung, this is called push and pull. Just give her a missed call, and she will grow curious, and will call you back, but don't pick it up." Suho looked confused.

"Trust him, Hyung. He is good at this." said Kai.

Suho thought for a few seconds, and speed-dialled her number, and ended it after 2 rings. He looked up at the other two. 

"What if she gets angry? You know, we have only gone for one date, and talked really less after that"

"Trust me Hyung, I will tell you what to do later. For now, just make her curious." Sehun said

They waited for the call, but it didn't come, so the younger ones left the room to do their stuff. Suho was alone in his room. 

Eunji was busy cleaning her room, since she couldn't gather enough courage to call him, and plus she can't afford to do the cleaning other days. Her phone was lying on her bed-side-table. She was humming an EXO song absent-mindedly, when she heard a ringtone, which she had saved under his name. Before she could get hold of it, it ended. She was confused, and checked the number on screen. It was his number, but why did he end the call after only 2 rings? At that very moment, Hayoung entered their room. Seeing her unni's perplexed face, she asked, "What's wrong, unni?"

Eunji just showed her phone screen.

"Oh, its Suho-ssi. Wait, it was a missed call? How many rings?"

Eunji was confused with the question but replied nonetheless, "only 2 and it ended."

Hayoung smiled knowingly. "Ah, he is playing hard to get? I think I know who is helping him with this."

Eunji could not get any of her words.

"Unni, give me you phone, I'll help you with it."

Eunji handed her phone. Hayoung immediately started texting. When she was done sending, she gave it back., and was about to leave.

"Wait! What did you write?" Eunji questioned

"Unni, let me know his reply. I'll help you again" She smiled and closed the door behind her.

Eunji read the text, which said, "Oppa, sorry, but I don't think I can do this anymore. It is like you are trying to play hard to get, and I don't want to do this since I really like you." ending with a sobbing emoticon. 

Eunji gaped at it, and was about to call Hayoung, but thought it was not bad to send it like that, since that is how she thought she felt.

Suho, on the other hand, was greatly surprised that she called him "oppa", which she had never said before, but instantly panicked after that, and rushed out of his room to scold Sehun.

"YAH! MAKNAE! Look, What did you do?" He burst into Kai's room where both were about to start their game.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter