Chapter 4 : Rain and Tea

Chimes (on hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Panting and puffing. They are catching their breaths. Inside a small corridor-like lane, which is dark, even during the day. They duck or move even further, if they hear sounds. But their hands are clasped all the time, which they had not realised not until, they decided with their head-gestures that the throng of fangirls have lost them. When their hands were released, they felt awkward. And, also wet due to the rain, that had started during their run.

 

"Mmmm...sorry...i should have been more alert and prepared about this." Suho mumbled.

 

But Eunji heard it clearly, and replied, "Anniyo, not your fault at all. I should have been more careful too."

 

Both looked at each other and faintly smiled.

 

"So, where do we go from here?" Eunji asked timidly

 

Suho thought for a while and looked around.

 

"I think I know one place, which is near from here and quite secluded", he replied.

 

They started heading to the opposite end of the lane, which opened to another and then to another road. And after few minutes, they are in front of a tea shop, which had a big garden in the front. Suho opened the door for Eunji. The door chimed. Eunji looked up and smiled. Suho looked at her and smiled.

 

The tea shop was warm and cozy, with really few old couples sipping their teas. They sat at the farthest table facing the back yard view. Suho stood and went to the counter to get the menu. He sat down and both started scanning the menus in their hands silently. Suho spoke first.

 

"What do you want to order?" He looked up at her.

 

Eunji still in thought, "Mmm...let me see more. Mmmm...Jasmine Tea, may be?" She found him staring at her, and got startled, looked down at the menu again.

 

Suho looked flushed himself and said, "Okay." He got up and went to the counter to order the drinks. He came back, and sat in front of her again.

 

And the silence followed. They both had so much to tell/ask each other, but no words seemed to fit. It lasted even until their teas were served.

 

Fidgeting, Suho gathered some courage, and askedd, "How is it?"

 

Eunji replied, " It's good. Yours? What did you get?"

 

"Same as yours." 

 

Eunji smiled blushingly. After a pause,

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter