Ice Cream!

Living With Famous Idiots! -edited-

 

I slowly opened my eyes, it was really blurry for quite a while. Then it was clear….I was in my room. I looked around some more, then I scratched my head and felt a bandage.
That’s when I saw a bunch of bandages wrapped all around me. What happened?
I grabbed my alarm clock (which was in the night stand next to my bed) it was 3:40 pm.

I looked around a bit, noticing Henry was right next to me.
His head was on my bed with both arms crossed under his head, he was sitting on a chair next to my bed, and was snoring.

Was Henry taking care of me? No, more importantly, what happened? I cleared my throat, and looked if there was any other guy in my room. None… guess I can use my “normal” voice instead of my low male voice.

“Henry, wake up” I quietly said, no answer. “Henry, Wake up!” I groaned, he was still asleep. “Henry!!” I said then started to hit his head, seriously…. “HEY! HENRY!” I yelled, while I still was hitting him with one hand, no answer! “HENRY! WAKEY WAKEY! HHEENNRRYYY!!!” I yelled and started to hit him with both hands,

“DONGHAE! I WAS TAKIN CARE OF HER I PROMISE!!” he suddenly jumped, with his tiny eyes still closed, I started to laugh. “Oh Alex, you’re awake” he yawned, squinting his eyes at me.

“I am” I agreed, still looking around, “Hey Henry, what happened?”

He stared at me for a moment, “You mean you don’t remember?”

I slowly shook my head, “Sadly so.”

There was a little silence before anything happened. Henry got up and scratched the back of his head, “How do I put this?” he asked himself.

“Just be straight forward, its fine. I don’t care.” I grinned, “Besides, it’s not like I’m going to pass out again.”

Henry nodded, “Right, I guess…” he sighed before taking a deep breath. “You passed out, and Ky-”     

“Oh Alex, your awake!” Yesung suddenly opened the door and looked at me.

…Really, Yesung?

“Good afternoon Yesung Sunbae-nim” I shyly nodded, even though I secretly wanted to kill him for interrupting Henry.

He sighed, “More like I haven’t seen you in 2 days” he started.

I did a double take before realizing what he said.

What? Two days?

“What do you mean?” I said looking at him a bit curious…

“You passed out, so Henry and Kyuhyun had to carry you to a hospital” Yesung complained, I widened my eyes, KYUHYUN? Wait, who was he again? Urgh…The muscular one? No, that’s Siwon, hmm…Ah! That’s right!

“W-w-wait, so, Korea’s Bed head, er, I mean Kyuhyun was the one who carried me… not Henry?”

“Yep, you’re lucky that we only had a few things left to do in the music video. Cause if we only started now, Kyuhyun would’ve been missing in the dance scenes.” Yesung scratched the back of his head.

“Huh?”

“Our music video, Kyuhyun, being the idiot that he is, found you lying there on the ground, bleeding, so without thinking, he ran all the way to the hospital. Luckily, it was close by, so no harm done.” Yesung beamed, why is he still smiling?

 “Why didn’t he just put me in a Taxi?”

“Because he was panicking” Henry cut in before Yesung could answer.

“Yep, you should had seen his face when he told Donghae” Siwon sighed, walking into my room.

“’HYUNG! A-ALEX! FAINT! BLOOD! HOSPITAL!’ Was what Kyuhyun was yelling while gasping for air” Henry laughed.

“Eh? Really?” I probably looked at bit excited, but hey! Who can blame me? It’s kinda funny when you hear about a guy yelling for help when he sees a passed out person—well, I’d probably act that way too, but still!

“And at the hospital was no different” Henry chuckled.

“What happened?”

“DOCTOR HELP! HELP! FAINT! HE! ARG! HELP!!!” Henry imitated Kyuhyun.

I started laughing. Hm, maybe I’ll like this Kyuhyun guy, he seems nice enough since he was panicking, trying to take me to the hospital and all.

“Where’s Donghae anyway?” I asked the trio that was in my room.

“He’s asleep, we finally got that idiot to sleep after soo long.” Siwon let out a deep breath.

“Explain.”

“You don’t need to know, all you need to know is that Eunhyuk’s sock can make someone black out.” Siwon replied.

I stared at him, then at the other members who were all nodding.

…Okay?

No wait.

HOLY CRAP, IS IT THE SAME GUY WHOSE SOCK I HAD A BAD ENCOUNTER WITH BEFORE? Oh Lord, God, tell Donghae I said hi. I’m pretty sure he’s dead by now.

“Anywho, Alex, you should go back to sleep.” Siwon patted my shoulder.

Before I knew it, all the members left my room. I laid in bed, staring at the wall. Great. Day 4 (Possibly) of being in the dorms, and I don’t even remember day 2 or 3 because I was unconscious due to fans. Living with Super Junior sounds like sooo much “Fun”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, it’s in the beginning of summer, and I’m bored. No, I’m more than bored—I feel dead. Humming, whistling, kicking my legs, watching TV, playing on the computer, surfing the web—nothing. Now I’m just bored, and hungry. Yeah, mostly hungry.

Wait a second, why am I not going out? I mean, it’s not America anymore! I can actually go out and not either freeze to death because of the PMS-ing weather, nor burn to death. Well, Seoul’s a little different from Mokpo, but it can’t be that bad, right?

Donghae walked over and sat next to me on the couch as I watched the TV. Kang HooDong was doing some show, but I don’t really care, I was bored.

Boom, an MV came up from another girl group that I didn’t care about, and now I’m bored…Yeah, I already said that.

“I’m going out” I stood up.

Donghae looked up, “What?”

“I’m hungry, and there’s no food.”

“Didn’t you learn from the last time?” Hae sighed, “Some people might think you’re me and attempt to you! It’s safer for you to just stay here with me.”

I started to whine, “I don’t wanna! It’s boring!”

“Why can’t you stay here?”

“I’m scared of the dorms! I opened one of the cabinets this morning and had some sort of punching thing—Argh, what’s the name?—that thing that boxers wear! Well, that thing popped out on me and hit me!”

Donghae muttered something like “Vocaloid” which really doesn’t make any sense honestly, but eh, oh well. It’s Donghae! He never makes sense! He just acts cute and cries often (Acting sensitive and whatnot) to earn fangirl love. Am I right Santa’s helpers?

“I brought a hat, plus I’m wearing a hoodie!” I added in, “Plus, it’s a once in a lifetime thing that happened in front of the SM building that made me have a twitching effect whenever I hear Santa’s helpers for the rest of my life.” I twitched, “But yeah, hoodie.”

“Oh come on, they aren’t that bad.”

“Yes, they are. So either way, I’m leaving.” I sighed, walking away.

 “Where are you going to go?”

“I saw an ice cream store nearby, so maybe I could—”

“NO.”

“But Donghae! I’ve been dying for some, and what am I suppose to do here?!” I whined, “Come on~”

“You got beat up when you walked outside the building! I’m not gonna let you go out for this food nonsense!”

“Donghae, I won’t this time, please?”

“No.”

“Hyung, what’s going?” Korea’s bed hea—I mean Kyuhyun walked in, staring at us. Oh his hair! How much I just wanna ruffle it! But again, he’s a celebrity, so he might be like, “YOU TOUCHED MY HAIR?! HOW COULD YOU?! SECURITY!” and what not! Either that, or it’s just my drama self going on about how celebrities act~

“He wants to go out again, even after he woke up!” Donghae replied.

“I’ll go with him.” Bed head said.

“But work-”

“I’m done with my shots, so the only think I would have to do would be staying here, wasting my life away. Might as well hang out with one of our new guests—right?” he looked at me.

I beamed.“THANK YOU BED HE-KYU!”

“No problem.”

“Tell the other guys first ok?” Donghae sighed putting his hand on his forehead. “And I swear, if my little brother isn’t back SAFE and SOUND, I will annihilate you.”

“Gee, you’re so nice.” I muttered, “Let’s go sunbae-nim!”

“Alright then!” Kyuhyun linked arms with me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

We walked to the ice cream store called, “Cold Happiness”. Kyuhyun was in the best disguise possible!  He wore a brown fedora on his head, huge black rimmed glasses, a white sweater vest with a blue short sleeved dress shirt underneath and black pants. Oh, and he wasn’t wearing any make-up. Now I swear, that made him look totally different! He went from glowing to normal, from “OPPA, OH MAI GAWSH! MARRY ME!” to “Meh.”

“So, what do you want to eat?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to look at the menu even though there were a bunch of people lined up in front of us, and boy, I bet some of them were from America—considering their height of course.

“Err…” I started, still looking at the menu, but of course, I was shorter than Kyuhyun so I was having an even harder time trying to look at the menu.

“Do you want a sandwich?” Kyuhyun asked, squinting his eyes to see the menu.

“Do they have those here?”

He nodded, “That’s what I see, so do you want one?”

I slowly nodded, “I guess, but I really want ice cream.”

“Mmm…Sungmin said that the smiley delight here was good, but I’m not so sure about the price.”

“It’s fine, I can pay.” I lied, knowing that I only had a $5 bill in my pocket.

“Okay, fine with me.” He shrugged.

I ordered out food, so now we were just waiting until it came. We were sitting at the table, I was playing with the straw they gave me while Kyuhyun was playing with his DS that he so happened to have brought. Not a word was spoken, causing an uncomfortable silence.

 I looked up at Kyuhyun who was just paying attention to his computer, “Sunbaenim.”

He looked up, “Yes?” he said, using honorifics.

“Sunbaenim, how has Donghae been doing ever since U times?”

“He’s getting popular every day.” Kyuhyun started, putting the DS on the table, “Getting more fangirls, and to be honest? I think they only like him because he seems like he would be in a shoujo manga.”

“As in~?”

“I dunno, Ikuto from Shugo Chara I guess.”

“Give me another example.”

“Tuxedo…Man from Sailor Moon~?”

“Man?” I started laughing, “You mean mask, right?”

“Something like that.”

“Oh my gosh, Sailor Moon,” I chuckled, “it’s been soo long since I’ve seen that anime!”

“Ryeowook has it on DVD—Korean sub in fact, if you want to watch it.”

“Ah really?” I beamed, then I was confused again. “Wait, which one’s he again?”

“He’s the shortest member in the group.” Kyuhyun nodded, “Can’t miss it! He has high cheek bones and—”

“Sunbaenim, do you have internet on your phone? So that I can see a picture of him?”

“I have a picture of him.” Kyuhyun clapped, “I know I can show you that.”

…Was he taking credit for my idea? I mean, sure, it doesn’t really matter…But seriously?

Kyuhyun gave me his phone, and that’s when I remembered Ryeowook. “Ohh! It’s that asian guy.”

“This is Asia, we’re all asian.”

I rolled my eyes, “You know what I mean! …Ishhh~” I said before giving him back his phone, “Ryeowook, Ryeowook, I’ll try to remember that!” I nodded to myself.

There was another awkward silence between the two of us. I honestly don’t know what to do, it’s either look at him or suffer another awkward stare.

“So Alex, was America fun~?” Kyuhyun asked.

 I looked at him before beaming, “Defiantly! I mean, sure, I lived in the lesser known parts of America, but it’s pretty legit!” I grinned, “Sunbaenim, have you ever heard of ‘ranch’? At first, it’s too rich, but then, after a while, it’s delicious. Or these little things called peanut butter cups covered in chocolate? Oh my gosh! I want to move to America so much because of those!”

“Really? Is America that fun?”

I nodded my head, “There’s a HUGE cultural difference though, as in teachers aren’t allowed to hit the student with a stick, or we aren’t punished when we’re late! Also, they think I’m weird if I bow to them to greet them.”

“Ahh, I see.” He nodded.

I played with my hair for a bit, trying to think of another conversation before we heard a, “Number 23. Number 23.” I looked at the receipt and got up.

Once I came back, Kyuhyun was shocked at how big the ice cream was, “Holy crap—this is what Sungmin likes at this store?!” he exclaimed.

I shrugged my shoulders, “Let’s eat the ice cream first, before it melts.” He nodded his head, grabbing a spoon and aimed for the chocolate deliciousness!

 Okay, so I might as well explain to you what this ice cream looks like. It’s possibly a 11.2 foot tall ice cream sundae (With the bowl that looks like a bigger version of a wine glass, but with a shorter sides) that has smiling ice cream sandwiches. Inside that cup was all sorts of flavors of ice cream! It almost looks gross, but it somehow isn’t. Okay, I will admit, it surprised me to see this in Korea! Koreans are tiny, and I mean…I expected this in America because they’re…huge!

I started to eat as much ice cream as I could—I couldn’t help it! I love ice cream—even though I have absolutely no sweet tooth. But eh, nothing wrong with ice cream, right?

“Oh, and just wondering, what happened while I was…You know, dead?”

Kyuhyun thought for a bit, “Jung Su hyung was mad that he couldn’t bully you, Heechul hyung was just pissed in general, and well, the other members were surprised.”

“Wait, what do you mean Jung Su Sunbae wanted to bully me?”

He shook his head, “Well, that’s the problem with our leader. He likes to bully a lot of people.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, but whatever the case, do not make Park Jung Su mad, or else he seriously WILL murder you.”

I stared at him and slowly nodded. “R-right…Do you want to share any stories about Jung Su Sunbae~?”

“Well,” he thought, “when I first came to Super Junior, I would get punished easily because of him.”

“As in, full on, get on your knees kind of punishment?”

He nodded his head, “Exactly! But it’s like a school thing.”

“Ahh…”

“Yeap, but that’s all in the past.”

I stared at him, still in shock.

Ohh what have I gotten myself into?