one

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Kyungsoo stared at the glass window just beside him as the teacher goes on and on about some topic he didn't care too much about (at least not enough to grab his attention). He chose to stare at the trees outside that were slightly swaying because of the breeze. His eyes didn't scan the whole tree but instead stay stuck at one place on the tree. He daydreamed in the middle of class again, nowadays he's been much more distracted by simple things. Looking around he always found himself curious at things that had no meaning. He had his hand upon his chin in his own little world yet again.

Minutes passed and his eyes moved to a different part of the tree. He's eyes started to feel heavy. He stretched his legs out and yawned. He was up all night trying to think of lyrics but he was unsuccessful.

Just as he was about to drop down to sleep he noticed someone tapping his shoulder. He looked and it was one of his classmates; Jung Soojung. With a concerned look on her face she held her finger up and pointed at the teacher. Kyungsoo snapped back to reality and realized his teacher has been shouting his name.

His eyes widened and went straight to his teacher.

"Do Kyungsoo! I expect next time that you get enough sleep before you attend my class, do you understand?" Ms. Gong scolded.

Kyungsoo nodded immediately praying to every so-called-God that existed (and maybe a few superheroes) that he wouldn't get a lecture.

"Yes Ms. Gong" he said with an assuring look on his face.

The teacher nodded and proceeds to dismiss the class.

Kyungsoo smiled at himself knowing school was finally over, more importantly, he'll get to see Jongin.

He's been much more eager to see him ever since they went out last time. He doesn't understand why though. Sure Jongin was his friend (and only friend by the way) and you'd obviously be excited to see your friend, but is it normal to be this excited. Lately he's been thinking day and night about him. Every letter he's sent to his late mother always has at least a mention of Jongin. He started to think he may have developed certain feelings for the dancer. He's never really thought about his uality, he always thought that it wouldn't be much of a problem. He didn't care who he loved, he would only care if h/she loved him back. He never really cared about labels, he falls in love with people not genders. He's never thought about this stuff this deeply, he used to not care, but when Jongin came he started to question whether he likes girls or boys. Should it even matter anyway?

Kyungsoo shook that thought off his head as it was way too confusing. Subconsciously he found himself fixing his stuff and shoving his books into his locker faster than usual. He ran to where he usually found his friend but once his hand was on the doorknob he froze. A thousand questions buzzed inside his head and he couldn't move at all.

"Is it okay if I go in?"

"Does he mind?"

"Is he even there?"

"What do I even say to him?"

He got flustered and didn't know what to do next. People started taking glances at Kyungsoo and that bothered so much as he didn't like attention. He was embarrassed at his state but he couldn't do anything about it as he has lost complete control over his body.

The door swung open with a sweaty dancer wiping his face with a towel on the other side of it. Kyungsoo's eyes widened (as if that's possible) and stared in awe at the sight he was seeing. Jongin was wearing a black tank top and black sweat pants. He was obviously tired seeing as his breathing wasn't normal.

"Oh, hyung! I was just about to get you" Jongin said.

People stared at the two boys. Kyungsoo had no idea how close their bodies actually were, he could swear he could feel Jongin's breath.

"G-Get back in" Kyungsoo managed to spit out, pushing his friend's body back into the ballet room.

The corners of Jongin's lips curled and formed a smile slowly showing his teeth and letting out a laugh as he stared at his Hyung.

"What's wrong hyung? Embarrassed because you actually want to see me?" Jongin winked at his friend.

Kyungsoo's checks quickly turned into a shade of red but to cover up his real feelings he rolled his eyes "You wish" he spoke.

Kyungsoo proceeded to his normal spot near the wall that was entirely a mirror and sat down.

"Change for goodness' sake's, you're sweating like a child" Kyungsoo scolded him.

"I'm not finished practicing, a little later, hyung." Jongin told Kyungsoo with a serious face. "I keep doing something wrong and I can't stop until I perfect that" Jongin said, typical him.

Kyungsoo nodded and Jongin pressed play on his phone where music quickly spread throughout the room. Immediately Jongin started dancing to the beat, doing twists and turns, moving his arms gracefully. Kyungsoo never understood how the actions Jongin did while dancing was done. He wasn't a dancer like Jongin but it confused him the most because his dancing was the most beautiful thing in the world. Kyungsoo always stared at Jongin whenever he did such movements. His dancing was perfection to his eyes but Jongin was never satisfied with himself. Everything had to be perfect to Jongin but Kyungsoo disagreed. It didn't matter if his dances weren't perfect; they were already the most beautiful thing Kyungsoo's seen all his life.

Jongin played the song again since one of his movements was 'wrong' according to him.

Kyungsoo sighed and got out his notebook with all the songs he's written.

"With a fluttering heart, without knowing
I went to you, step by step
And I stayed by your side
My heart melts at your smile
When our eyes meet, my heart pounds
Oh remember my smile in your heart
Think about it several times a day
Oh words I want to say to you,
You're beautiful"

Kyungsoo stopped writing noticing Jongin stop dancing.

"Come on, let's go, I'm tired" Jongin said, completely out of character.

Kyungsoo shot a confused look at Jongin.

"What's wrong? Can't a dancer get tired sometimes?" Jongin defended himself obviously offended.

"Sorry" Kyungsoo said with a hit of fear, Jongin has never been this frank.

Jongin got his clean shirt out and placed it on the table. He carefully took his tank top off, and at this point Kyungsoo started stating at his friend again, this time at is body. He never realized how defined his abs actually were, well I mean if you compare it to other people with abs his wouldn't stand out too much, but still he couldn't stop staring at his friend's body.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Jongin said.

Kyungsoo was too engrossed in his friend's abs that he didn't realize how much staring he's done, moreover he didn't even noticed that he was caught.

"S-Sorry I was daydreaming" Kyungsoo quickly thought of an excuse.

Jongin shook his head and smiled, at the same time he put his clean shirt on.

"Let's go" Jongin said and stretched out his hand at his friend. Kyungsoo happily grabbed his friend's and got up with his help.

The two friends went out of the ballet room not knowing what their next destination was.

The two walked beside each other as if they had no idea what personal space was. Kyungsoo kept glancing at Jongin's hand that was right behind his. He kept swinging it back and forth slightly against it.

"Hyung, where exactly are we going?" Jongin asked making Kyungsoo snap back to reality.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo said beneath his breath "Uh, I don't know really" he spoke finding it hard to look straight at Jongin's eyes.

"Are you okay, hyung? You keep spacing out as if you're thinking of something deep, it's weird, and scary, hyung, please stop" Jongin said too concerned for his own good.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter