three

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Saturday morning and Kyungsoo just got up and ready for the biggest day of his life. He was just about to go outside but before that, he checked if his hair was perfectly at place and of course it wasn't. He stopped at the mirror and for about 15 minutes he fixed his hair until it was to his liking. Once he stepped outside (thanks to his really great luck) it was raining. He swiftly got his umbrella out and took cover along with putting on his hoodie. Kyungsoo did all he could to avoid all of the puddles in the way. Honestly out of all the day it could've rained it chose today. 

Jongin didn't think it was too bad though.

The sound of the dripping rain landing on the pavement they were walking on was soothing as well as the smell of the water on the grass; it made everything seem easy to deal with. He found peace in the rain, you could say. Jongin smiled waiting patiently for his hyung next to the bus stop sign. He was eager to see Kyungsoo in his sight as it was a Saturday and they've never seen each on a weekend. He was more excited rather than nervous. Nowadays they've been having a lot of firsts. Not that Jongin's been counting them but he was still curious as to what they were exactly. He knew he had special feelings for Kyungsoo that were not just for best friends, and since he's been seeing his hyung staring at him he knew something was up, or at least he thought Kyungsoo knew that they weren't just best friends.

If that's true, then what were they?

Jongin regretted not hearing what his hyung said the other night. He felt too tired that night and since Kyungsoo was there he felt so comfortable and secure, honestly who wouldn't fall asleep? The atmosphere was so warm and Kyungsoo was playing with his hair so that added to the reasons. He wondered whether or not Kyungsoo said something important or something that answered his question. He also wondered whether or not this question was even valid. What if Kyungsoo didn't look at Jongin like that? Thoughts like that always bothered Jongin's mind but once he saw Kyungsoo every bad thought would disappear and be replaced with inspiration, all he would think is He's here, so everything will be okay. He liked that feeling so it was obvious to him that he actually liked him. But of course Kyungsoo is clueless and still stuck on the question if he had feelings for Jongin, and so Jongin made it his personal mission for him to ask Kyungsoo the question he's been dying to know the answer of today.

Kyungsoo has also been wondering about their relationship ever since Jongin brought it up, although it often ended up with him completely confused. Jongin basically confessed that he had feelings for Kyungsoo, although for him he had no idea what those feelings actually were (which made it more confusing). Plus there was the question that Jongin asked, Kyungsoo found himself getting a headache just thinking about it.

Kyungsoo finally reached the curb of their meeting place. It was 6 AM and the auditions started at 8 until 11 in the morning, since they needed to take a train to SMEnt's building and from where they were it would take about an hour to commute, maybe an extra 30 minutes if there was traffic.

"Hyung!" Jongin beamed and at his best friend.

"You seem awfully excited" Good for you Kyungsoo thought to himself.

"I am now because you're here" Jongin winked making his hyung blush but he ended up having another beating. 

Kyungsoo was flustered just standing next to Jongin. He didn't want that question to come up again; he just wasn't ready to answer it yet. He didn't want to face the truth just yet. They were happy like this, without labels. Did they even need a label? 

Honestly if anyone were to look at the way they looked at each other it'd be obvious that they were in a relationship, anyone would assume that they were together no questions asked. It's honestly too obvious. But Jongin still has no idea of Kyungsoo's confusion, which made things complicated. Everything about this situation is complicated and yet they still act as if nothing is wrong.

Jongin stared eagerly into Kyungsoo's eyes every time he had the chance to see them, of course Kyungsoo would look away in the moment their eyes meet. Jongin had no idea how to approach his hyung in this situation. Every green light he gets something always stops him, be it him or Kyungsoo. 

This was an even bigger problem than the audition.

The bus came and they both went on, they walked past an old married couple in the front talking about something they couldn't understand, saying 'excuse me' to every passenger they bothered. As they finally reached the spot they wanted (which was the second to the last seats) they sat down with Jongin in the window seat and Kyungsoo right next to him. They got comfortable putting their bags and umbrellas next to them and adjusted themselves to become comfortable in their seats. Once everything was set the bus started moving to the next stop. 

Kyungsoo felt Jongin wanted to talk again and so he got out his phone and ear phones to listen to music making another red light for Jongin. Kyungsoo sighed a sigh of relief as soon as Jongin turned to the window. He was safe, at least for now. 

All the way to SMEnt Jongin stared at Kyungsoo (particularly his mouth) biting his lip eagerly wanting to talk but words just won't come out, and what kind of place is this to talk about that topic anyway? Who knows they might end up bitter by the end of the ride and end up not auditioning because of this mess? So Jongin decided to ask after the audition, he wanted no distractions, they both had to do well in the audition.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Jongin asked noticing how tense Kyungsoo actually was. 

Kyungsoo lied back on the seat trying to be comfortable "What? Me? I'm fine." he lied. 

"If something is bothering you, you can always talk to me, even if I'm younger than you, I can still be counted on" Jongin assured his hyung.

Kyungsoo nodded and spoke "Okay bu-" the bus suddenly stopped and right before their eyes they were at their stop. "But later, I’ll tell you later" Kyungsoo took a deep breath again and grabbed his stuff making his way out of the bus. Jongin followed just behind him.

Once they got out they got a whiff of fresh air and stretched before moving. It was 7:30 AM and they had a few minutes to kill actually. 

"What do you want to do, hyung?" Jongin asked.

"Go home" Kyungsoo answered coldly.

Jongin smirked "Other than that" he hit his hyung. 

"Uhh..." Kyungsoo stopped thinking that what he wanted will have an effect on his voice. 

"What?" Jongin put his head down but let his eyes look up to meet his with his hyung's. 

Kyungsoo got flustered and moved back a bit. 

Why is Jongin such a bloody flirt? Kyungsoo thought to himself. 

"What's wrong?" 

"N-Nothing" he stuttered and Jongin noticed. Jongin laughed at his hyung, he was purposely trying to tease Kyungsoo to see if it had any effect which it did. That had to mean something right? 

Once the time was quarter to eight they made their way to building. A few people were rushing in the building obviously late for something they had no idea about. A few people where hanging out at the lounges, drinking coffee with their colleagues. All they wanted to do was audition and so they immediately went to the front desk to ask where the auditions were held. 

Once they asked, they were directed to the where it was held. 

They reached the floor where the auditions were and they saw a few other people talking about how much they wanted to get in. 

"Baekhyun! Stop pacing you’re making me nervous" a really tall person with big ears said.

"Pacing makes me relaxed, leave me alone" his friend said. 

Jongin and Kyungsoo looked at each other and took a deep breath, they made their way to the other side of the two arguing friends were, there was a bench there so they sat.

"Hey" the tall one said looking at Kyungsoo and he looked back.

"You here to audition?" he asked. Kyungsoo nodded too afraid to talk. 

"Oh, I see, what's your name? We might see each other next time" he spoke and smiled, making him less intimidating.

On the other hand, his friend (looking really jealous) spoke "Stop it, Chanyeol, you're scaring him" he said. 

The tall one hit the other one making it even harder for Kyungsoo to talk. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter