five

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo slept in Jongin's arms that night. He cried all night but Jongin held him tightly making sure he felt safe in his arms. Distance was not in their vocabulary. Their legs were intertwined along with their hands, Jongin held his hyung in a bear hug as he was a bit bigger than Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo placed their hands against his heart and Jongin felt Kyungsoo's heart beat along with his in perfect harmony. It was once again warm that morning; they decided not to attend school today. Kyungsoo told him that it was because he just wanted to be with Jongin all day, that was part of the truth but that isn't his reason entirely. He knew that Jongin and him aren't going to last too long, Jongin got in and that meant he would be even more busy than he was before. He knew that their time together was now limited and he wanted to make the most of that time.

Kyungsoo was scared that over time he and Jongin would drift apart.

Jongin said it before, people separate. It's inevitable, no matter how hard you try people will continuously leave you and you will continuously meet more people. It's a normal procedure in a human's life. No matter how much Kyungsoo wanted to be with Jongin, eventually they will separate.

Kyungsoo was already awake but pretended to sleep because Jongin was still in his dreams. Kyungsoo let go of Jongin's hand and turned to face Jongin.

He scanned Jongin's face with no mercy. He was asleep so Kyungsoo didn't stop to look away one second. His mouth was slightly open and coming out was a warm breath of air. He was quiet, he didn't snore, or at least Kyungsoo's never heard him snore. Come to think of it he barely knows Jongin, they've never really introduced themselves to each other.

His eyes moved to his sun-kissed skin. Kyungsoo heard some guys from the other room making fun of him for having the least fair skin out of all of them. Kyungsoo felt mad at first because his skin wasn't actually that bad, yes it was a bit darker than the average but that wasn't a problem. Kyungsoo moved his arms slowly and cupped Jongin's face as he felt his skin, it was rough and course, probably because he doesn't take care of it well, or doesn't have time to.

Kyungsoo felt Jongin flinch a bit and he froze, unsure what to do next.

Jongin groaned with his eyes closed "Hyung" he said.

Kyungsoo moved his hands to Jongin's temple and pet it lightly.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" he smiled as he stared at his sleepy boyfriend.

Jongin rubbed his eyes and stretched his legs as he yawned "Yes, but its fine, I'll start the day early for you" as he finished his sentence he opened his eyes.

Kyungsoo sat up to stretched and glanced at the time; he chuckled and looked back at Jongin.

"If twelve noon is early for you than okay" he said and walked out of the room and Jongin followed.

Kyungsoo sat on the floor and stared at Jongin as he danced the steps to the song. Even though they didn't come to school Jongin insisted that he had his practice, Kyungsoo didn't mind just as long as he could watch. He showed off his swift movements that, in Kyungsoo's eyes, were perfection, although Jongin's body wasn't in a condition to be called perfect. There were a few bruises on his legs and arms. Kyungsoo didn't notice before because he was too busy staring at his beautiful face. Kyungsoo stared at Jongin longingly and worried if he was really pushing himself too much. His dancing was breath-taking, but does being perfection have to hurt him? No matter what Jongin did, Kyungsoo just couldn't find any flaws. He was blinded towards his flaws and he got frustrated as to why Jongin doesn't realize this.

"Why don't you take a break?" Kyungsoo spoke although Jongin was too engrossed in his dance to acknowledge his hyung.

He tried to speak and cleared his throat "J-Jongin!" he exclaimed and Jongin stopped to look at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo gulped "I think you should stop" he spoke

Jongin tilted his head "Why?"

Kyungsoo couldn't find the right words at first but spoke up "Y-Your bruises" he pointed

"Oh that?" Jongin said and shrugged it off "I'm fine"

"No you're not" Kyungsoo insisted

"Dammit, hyung" Jongin cursed under his breath "You're always like this" Jongin pointed at his hyung but quickly put his arms back to his side "I'm fine, hyung, I promise" he said more aggressively than intended

Kyungsoo shook his head "How are you fine? Look at yourself! Don't you realize what you're doing to yourself? Why do you do this to your-"

"Because I !" Jongin exclaimed in the middle of Kyungsoo's sentence "Because I'm not good enough, okay? Yeah sure, even if I did get in the audition I have no guarantee that I'll actually debut! I just want to be the best! I want to be perfection, so that people look at me like I'm the most beautiful thing they've seen in the world. I just want to be enough-good enough, so people won't look down at me like I'm some small-fry" Jongin was out of breath from screaming. Kyungsoo stood there in silence, staring at the dancer in frustration. This was another side of Jongin, he was passionate and mad, and another side he hasn't seen. But at the same time he was vulnerable, Kyungsoo felt as if he step in too much. He felt like the invaded Jongin too much and that made him sick. A bad feeling churned in his stomach as he couldn't find the right words to say so instead Jongin carried on.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scream, please don't leave" his tone was more soft now, his lips let out a small whimper and his mouth shivered, he held back his tears although his eyes were filled with water.

Kyungsoo shook his head "Don't you see the way I look at you?" Kyungsoo stood up from where he sat "Jongin you're perfection in my eyes, please let that be enough, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks, just listen to me" Kyungsoo walked over to the dancer who was currently had his head down "I love you, and to me you are good enough, hell you're more than enough. You're flawless, Jongin, and I don't understand why anyone else won't think the way I do" Kyungsoo bent down to see Jongin's face which was now red and filled with tears. He cupped the dancer head and lifted his head up gently and wiped his tears like he did that last time "Don't cry anymore, Jongin, I hate seeing you hurt" Kyungsoo said as he felt his throat go dry. Jongin pouted as he showed his crying face to the person he loved, he felt embarrassed, he didn't want Kyungsoo to see him like this again but at the same time he felt relieved seeing Kyungsoo comforting him and making sure he was safe. Kyungsoo pulled Jongin towards him and pressed his lips against his making sure to kiss his frown away. When they let go Jongin greeted Kyungsoo with a smile saying he was okay.

The weeks passed and Kyungsoo and Jongin hardly met up. In a week they would probably meet only five times. Kyungsoo felt lonely once again, but he was used to it, although he missed his boyfriend's sun-kissed skin, his plump red lips that seemed so kissable, and his warm presence. He missed his warm embraces, the ones you would long for after a hard day after school, the kind you never want to let go of. The winter came so every now and then Kyungsoo looked for his boyfriend more than he should. They talked everyday though they hardly meet, thank god for phone calls. The longer they were away from each other the longer the phone calls were. You could tell from Jongin's voice that he was longing for Kyungsoo as well. He didn't like being away from him a lot but his schedule made it impossible for them to be together every minute of the day. They were still together just not they were before. To keep their sanity, not a day passed that they didn't talk to each other. They were each other's remedies in this sick world. They found peace in each other's presence.

Jongin mentioned that he had a day off today and invited Kyungsoo to go out but some other people were coming, Jongin's friend, the one he made at SM. Normally Kyungsoo would refuse but he wanted to see Jongin so badly he agreed.

Kyungsoo got up and quickly showered the proceeded to clothe himself. He dashed to the kitchen and hurriedly poured himself a bowl of cereal. After finishing he wiped his mouth, brushed his teeth, and proceeded to the door. He walked out of his house and locked it securely and walked along then pavement. The sun was out today and the day displayed a perfect picture, but to Kyungsoo everything was in black in white, no color was seen in his eyes. He walked quietly, earphones in his ears although he wasn't listening to anything; he just thought it would make him look less pitiful. He avoided eye contact by putting his head down and found himself looking at his feet walk. He headed for the bus stop himself and Jongin always met at. When he reached it he found a familiar figure standing near the bus stop sign, moving his eyes around as if he was eagerly waiting for someone, someone who, Kyungsoo hoped, was him.

Kyungsoo approached the figure hesitantly but when he was next to it he nudged his arm softly and muttered "Hey"

Jongin turned to see his hyung and smiled "Hyung!" he immedietly pulled him to a hug, the hug that Kyungsoo longed for. Kyungsoo replied by placing his arms around him as well. "I've missed you so much" Jongin whispered into Kyungsoo's ear still hugging. Kyungsoo smiled "I've missed you too" he said and let go, although he was reluctant to.

The two chatted as if they haven't seen each other in years; they were too engrossed in their conversation that they didn't even realize that Jongin's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter