four

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight shone brightly through the window landing on Kyungsoo who was sleepy peacefully on his desk. His arms were crossed on the table and he was resting his head on them. He was (yet again) writing a letter to his late mother. It was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, he just got home from school completely tired from his physical education class. He wanted to be with Jongin the rest of the day but he had to practice because he was in the middle of entering another dance competition. Kyungsoo understood him. Jongin wanted to give his best in everything and Kyungsoo admired that. He felt quite lonely though. It wasn't his first time without Jongin. But today he found himself looking for him after school, wondering whether or not he was alright. Kyungsoo was a little worried. Jongin always overdid the dancing. Sure he wanted to be the best, but his health is also important. He had more reasons to be worried now that they're together. He didn't want him to get sick.

Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered open as he couldn't sleep any longer. He blinked a couple of times before sitting up. He stretched his arms and legs and rubbed his hands on his face attempting to wake himself up. The light landed on his face making him squint his eyes and close the curtains. He got up from his chair not knowing exactly what to do next. He ended up getting his phone from the bedside table. He checked if he got any messages and it turns out he did.

From: 종인

[ I might finish early today, hyung, can i come over? :) ]

Kyungsoo felt relieved that his boyfriend wanted to see him. He tapped the screen and began to write.

To: 종인

[ of course you can, what time? ]

He pressed send and a few seconds later he received a reply.

From: 종인

[ Check your door ]

This has happened before. He fixed his hair and rushed downstairs, too excited for his own good. The smile on his face began to grow, he wasn't sure whether or not Jongin was actually at his doorstep at the moment but he trusted Jongin.

Due to his excitement he nearly fell off the stairs trying to run ahead of his feet, once he was on the first floor he nearly slipped a few inches away from the door however it didn't continue as he got his balance back by grabbing the doorknob to protect him from falling, however he managed to create a thud with his hands clashing with the doorknob. He blushed with the thought that maybe Jongin heard it, or was he even there?

Before answering the door Kyungsoo tried to catch his breath and calmed down, his legs were shaking and his hands were fidgety. A part of him wanted to go back upstairs and pretend that no one was home to answer the door. But of course he opened the door to see his boyfriend looking down at his phone and subconsciously a smile appeared on Kyungsoo's lips.

The atmosphere was vibrant again, once Jongin stepped into Kyungsoo vision. Jongin looked up to see his smiling hyung and smiled back. His hair was slightly messy, obviously he didn't care to fix it, his posture wasn't exactly straight, and he was shrugging probably because he was tired from practicing. Kyungsoo took a few seconds to admire a (what seemed to be perfect) Jongin.

"Hyung" Jongin muttered.

Kyungsoo let his boyfriend in and took his coat and placed it on the nail on the wall.

"Aren't you tired, Jongin? You've been practicing a lot, I missed you" Kyungsoo muttered the last part a bit but to admit his longing for his boyfriend. It'll take a while for Kyungsoo to express these kinds of feelings freely and comfortably, but hey it's his first time, who could blame him?

"I am, but it's not like we'll do anything physical today, right?" Jongin winked trying to tease Kyungsoo, although Kyungsoo shrugged it off (but secretly his ears were red).

"Yeah, I guess" Kyungsoo said.

"C'mon, upstairs to your bedroom we go!" Jongin exclaimed

Kyungsoo smirked subconsciously to himself and tried to hide his giggle.

"Hey hyung" Jongin nudged Kyungsoo "No dirty thoughts" he simply said and walked upstairs ahead of his hyung, leaving Kyungsoo red.

The both lied in bed, Kyungsoo turned right and Jongin followed his direction and hugged his hyung tightly. He placed his left leg above Kyungsoo and slowly snuggled his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder which Kyungsoo happily welcomed. Jongin planted multiple kisses on Kyungsoo neck causing Kyungsoo to blush like crazy again. It was warmer now that their bodies were attached together without any gaps. Jongin could feel himself getting sleepy and longing to close his eyes, but he wanted to stay awake just to witness his hyung sleeping. But Kyungsoo wasn't budging; he kept his eyes opened and stared outside, looking at the tree that blocked his view of the sky which was currently dark and starry.

Looking at Kyungsoo was so peaceful. He didn't move much and the sound of his breathing was so soothing, he felt like he rested although he didn't sleep at all while looking at his boyfriend. Jongin's eyes were once again getting heavy but still he wanted to keep them open to just watch Kyungsoo.

To Jongin, Kyungsoo was pure perfection. He couldn't literally just stare at him all day and he'd be contented. Now that he could hold Kyungsoo like this and that his hyung knows how he feels was reassuring. He wanted Kyungsoo all to himself, he wanted to make Kyungsoo forget all the things that hurt him in the past and fill his memories with him. He wanted to be Kyungsoo's number one source of happiness, it sounds selfish but I guess love really does make you crazy.

He thought about how his hyung writes to his mother every day. He's witnessed him writing it before and he noticed that the atmosphere became gloomy. There was obviously hurt in Kyungsoo's eyes. Jongin thought it was unhealthy for Kyungsoo to be writing to his late mother every day, he knew that it helped Kyungsoo somehow, but Jongin felt as if it made more damage than good, and when he doesn't write to her he gets all moody and he can't concentrate well. Jongin hated seeing Kyungsoo like that so he let him write, but still something was wrong.

"Hyung" Jongin spoke.

Kyungsoo body froze as he began to speak, Jongin felt him get stiff but he let it slide.

"Y-Yeah?" he said and coughed a bit.

"Try to keep me awake" he said.

Again? Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo adjusted his arms and crossed them "T-The last time I tried to do that I confessed but you were already asleep so" Kyungsoo couldn't finish his sentence but Jongin laughed.

"I guess" he shrugged and turned his body to the left to test Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo saw Jongin's gestures and contemplated on what to do next. He ended up turning awkwardly, his body was stiff but he still wrapped his arms around Jongin and slowly held him tighter as he got comfortable. He didn't place his leg on top of Jongin but he pressed his legs against the dancer so that there was no gap between the two.

Jongin felt Kyungsoo's warm breath against his neck which caused him to blush. He felt his beating heartbeat go rapidly as Kyungsoo held him closer and closer, he wanted to sleep in his arms forever and never leave.

"I wish your arms could around the world, hyung" Jongin said and snuggled in Kyungsoo neck. Kyungsoo moved his head to sniff Jongin's hair.

"You were supposed to keep me awake not make me even sleepier" Jongin stated.

"Sorry, I guess that's all I can do" Kyungsoo said and planted a kiss on Jongin's head. Jongin smiled and closed his eyes.

"You're really good at keeping me awake" he said sarcastically.

Kyungsoo chuckled "Thanks" and then he got an idea.

"Jongin" he muttered and received a light "mph" from Jongin."Turn around, maybe you'll wake up" Kyungsoo said and started to blush.

Jongin opened his eyes and followed his hyung. Now he pressed his forehead against his hyung's and tried to keep his eyes open. He stared at Kyungsoo, scanning every feature on his face; from the remarkably large portion of white on his eyeballs to the heart-shaped mouth of his. He noticed the light shade of red on Kyungsoo's cheeks but didn't care as he thought his face probably had the same thing. After continuously moving his eyes to scan Kyungsoo's face his eyes were stuck on one thing; his lips.

Kyungsoo was currently biting his lips and looking down, probably in embarrassment Jongin suspected, and Jongin found it extremely attractive. Jongin his lips and tried to distract himself by closing his eyes again.

"Jongin-ah" Kyungsoo uttered "Are you still sleepy?" Jongin nodded.

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin who had his eyes shut and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes and slowly moved his head closer to Jongin. Kyungsoo cupped Jongin's face which startled Jongin but still kept his eyes closed, anticipating his hyung's next actions. Slowly Kyungsoo was inching closer to the dancer until finally their lips locked. It was a warm kiss, the type you long for when it's winter morning and extremely cold. Their emotions overflowed between the two as they deepen the kiss, Jongin held Kyungsoo closer to his body and moved his hands over to his hyung's waist getting a firm grip. Kyungsoo timidly slipped a little tongue into Jongin's mouth which the dancer gladly responded to. He copied his hyung's actions as the warmth lasted, and then they felt it: the spark. That spark they always talk about, the spark that you feel when you lock lips with the person you love and that makes you want more, more than what you already had. But Kyungsoo and Jongin had to pull away in order to get back the oxygen that escaped their lungs. The two breathed heavily, both still with their eyes closed, laughing like maniacs. Jongin stopped laughing but never stopped smiling. He opened his eyes to see his hyung laughing on and off; Kyungsoo's cute giggles made Jongin smile even brighter.

"I love you, hyung," Jongin whispered but it was loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear. Kyungsoo opened his eyes to look at the dancer. His eyes shot open in the state of shock after hearing Jongin utter the words.

"Isn't it a bit early for that?" Kyungsoo asked cautiously, trying hard to not hurt Jongin's feelings. Jongin took it lightly and shook his head no.

"I don't think so, I mean I love you, I know in my heart that I love you right at this moment, why do I need to wait any longer to say my feelings which are obvious to me?" Jongin stated leaving Kyungsoo confused.

"What about you, hyung?" Jongin started "Do you love me?" he continued. Without a moment to spare Kyungsoo opened his mouth and started speaking "Of course I do, I mean Jongin how could I not? You're perfection in my eyes, everything you do takes my breath away, Jongin. Of course I love you" he said as if it was obvious and Jongin smiled.

"See what I mean?" Jongin smirked and Kyungsoo smiled at him.

They went back to their first position as Jongin placed butterfly kisses wherever he could on Kyungsoo.

"You've done so much for me, Jongin. You let me out of my shell, you made me audition for that SM thing, and not even in my wildest dreams would I imagine myself doing that, thank you Jongin" Kyungsoo started. "I don't really know how I can return the favor, c-can you tell me?" He asked timidly as he was embarrassed to admit.

Jongin paused for a while to think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter