prologue

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Dear, Kim Joohyun

I'm at school right now, mom. I'm writing to you now because I'm afraid that I might not be able to do this later like yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't write to you yesterday, mom. I fell asleep because I got tired from P.E class, which isn't really an excuse but I hope you forgive me anyway.

How are you, mom? I hope you're not as lonely as I am, ever since my friends and I separated because of collage I don't really have much friends, except for this one boy; Kim Jongin. We met because I was peeking in the ballet room when I forgot to get my stuff, he was dancing that time. It was beautiful, mom. I don't know how to explain it. It was perfect, too perfect. But it didn't seem sincere, I felt like he was trying too hard to copy a certain dancer. It was as if he wanted it to be exactly like the original, it's strange. Ever since then I started coming to the ballet room every weekday to see him dance.

I wrote a song today, mom It was based on a fairy tale. But I don't know, it seemed a bit too plain to me. Staring at it right now, it seems odd. I'll fix it once I figure out what's wrong.

I love you,

Do Kyungsoo."

He folded the paper and placed it in the secret pocket in his bag. He was writing a letter to his mother. He did it every day ever since she left him. She died because of a fatal illness when he was five and it left a huge scar in his heart ever since. The day after she passed he was frustrated and confused as to why she had to leave; he didn't quite understand the concept of death, but then again who does? No one on the face of the earth understood why they have to let go of their loved ones just like that. No one knew the reason as to why people existed and disappeared. Especially as a child, it's such a tragedy to soil an innocent little mind with the mention of death, but we'd have to understand it someday. If we didn't, then we wouldn't know about the cons in life, so somehow it was a plus.

He doesn't believe ignorance is bliss.

He'd much rather be informed on a lot of topics rather than cover his eyes, ears, and mind about it. Those who choose to be ignorant are simply too afraid to hear and understand the truth. At least that's what he thought.

He stood up from where he sat and glanced at the piece of paper. It really did seem odd. He felt drawn to the song and he later found himself slowly sliding it near him. He placed his fingers against his chin trying to find out what was wrong. He then placed his hand on the paper feeling the thin texture. He scanned the lyrics again and again to find out what was wrong. Not that reading it helped, he still had no idea what was wrong.

His head swiftly looked at the recently opened door after hearing it open. There stood his friend; his hair was slightly messy and it covered his face but not enough to cover his beautiful black eyes. He wasn't looking at Kyungsoo, though; his eyes were stuck on the ground. He was breathing heavily, trying to catch his breath. He assumed he just ran. Wait, he just ran from the ballet room to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter