Two

Hard to get

The next morning Kyungsoo woke up to the sound of his alarm go off. He groaned loudly as he slowly opened his eyes turning his head so he could see the alarm. 06:30 was displayed in digital numbers. He slowly sat up in his bed rolling the covers of himself letting the cold air that covered the room hit his body sending goosebumps up his arms.

His uniform was hanging on the door handle on the door into his room. He placed his feet on the floor and snailed his way over to it.
He laid it down on his bed before going into the bathroom to take a quick shower before school.

Once he was done with his shower and got dressed in his uniform he looked at the time again. 07:12. He opened his curtains and saw the rain pour. He sighed as he turned around walking down stairs.

Before he left he grabbed his bag packing an umbrella. He grabbed his phone and went into the kitchen to get some toast.

-

When he entered the classroom many of the other kids had already arrived even though the lesson didn't start in another 15 minutes. He walked over to his seat and placed his bag under the desk. He grabbed a book and sat down as he started to read.

"Hey! Kyungsoo what's up!?" Kyungsoo jumped a little as he looked up to see a tattooed hand resting on his desk. "Hello.." He mumbled to Jongin before he went back to his book. "Whatcha reading Soo?" Jongin asked turning his chair around so that he was facing the other. "Exodus.." He said showing Jongin the cover of the book. "Ooo! Looks interesting! What's it about." Kyungsoo gave up and closed his book, knowing that he hand no chance at getting some peace and quiet. "I don't know..Just started reading." He said with a sigh leaning back in his chair. "Oh, well tell me when you're done with it!" He didn't answer just stared at him. 
"What do you want Jongin?" He said. "What do you mean? I just want to be friends." "Well I don't. Why can't you leave me alone?" Kyungsoo said, breaking the eye contact moving his gaze to the window. Jongin let out a small 'oh' before he turned around plugging in his earphones with a sad expression.

-

At lunch time Kyungsoo decided to eat in the cafeteria even though it was like a jungle in there. He entered and went over to the line grabbing a tray.

Once he got his food from the lunch lady he looked of a place to sit. He noticed someone eating alone and went over to him.

"Excuse me. Do you mind if I sit here?" Kyungsoo asked politely. The other looked up at him with a smile and nodded. "Yeah, of course!" Kyungsoo nodded and sat down.

Kyungsoo felt a warm aura coming from the boy next to him. It almost made him smile which was really rare after he moved.
"I'm Zhang Yixing but my friends call me Lay." He said with a warm smile taking another bite from his salad. "Do Kyungsoo." Lay gave him another smile before he went back to his lunch. Kyungsoo stared blankly at him but started to focus on his lunch.

Suddenly he noticed that the guy next to him started to get up from his chair. "I'll see you around then Kyungsoo!" He said with a smile and started to walk of. "Goodbye." Kyungsoo said almost done with his own lunch as well.

-

When the bell rang giving the signal that the last class for the day was over Kyungsoo hurried up from his seat not wanting to be late for work. He walked over to his locker but felt someone's presence behind him. He closed it and turned around seeing a tall boy stand behind him.

He looked confused at the taller but before he even realised it he was covered in icy cold coffee. The boy stood there with an empty cup and threw the paper cup at him. "What the hell man!?" He said wiping the liquid out of his eyes. He didn't say anything he just laughed before he walked of giving one of his friends a high five.

".." He mumbled as he tried to get as much of the coffee of himself.
"Oh my god! Kyungsoo! What the hell happened to you!?" Jongin ran over to him in shock. 
"Nothing.." He mumbled ever thought something clearly happened. "Let's get you cleaned up." He said grabbing Kyungsoo's wrist. "I told you, i'm fine." Me mumbled but Jongin couldn't hear him.

He was pushed into the bathroom and Kai grabbed a towel from his back and placed it under the sink. "Why are you helping me?" He said looking over at Jongin while wetted the gym towel. "Because I want to be your friend." He said for the second time today still concentrated on the towel.

A few moments later he turned of the sink and looked over at Kyungsoo. Jongin walked over to him and started to softly rub his shirt, trying to get as much of the coffee of as possible. They didn't say anything. Kyungsoo moved his gaze away from his shirt and Jongin, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Seriously though. What happened Kyungsoo?" Jongin stopped rubbing the damp towel on Kyungsoo's shirt and looked at him. Kyungsoo let out a sigh before he answered. "Some guy threw iced coffee at me and ran of." He said shrugging his shoulders. 
"That's awful." The other said with a sad expression. "Whatever" Kyungsoo said leaning back against the wall.

After a while with silence Jongin took a step back and nodded. "There is still some left but most of it is gone." He said blankly and pushes the towel back into his bag. 
"Um.." Jongin was about to walk out but stopped when he heard Kyungsoo. "Thank you, I guess." Jongin smiled brightly at him and nodded. "No problem Kyungsoo!" He answered before he disappeared out of the bathroom door.

-

"Kyungsoo! You're lat-" Baekhyun looked over at him and noticed the stains on his shirt. "What the hell happened?" He said almost a little too quick. "Don't worry..I'll get changed as quickly as possible boss." He said and was already on his way into the staffs room.

He took of his uniform jacket and changed into his work uniform: dark green pants and a black shirt.

He walked out again running a hand through his damp hair, which wasn't just wet from the coffee but the rain outside as well.

"Kyungsoo, you can start with washing the dirty tables." Kyungsoo nodded at baekhyun who was busy making coffee and got a bucket and a table cloth.

Kyungsoo walked over to one of the empty tables and glanced over to a group of guys sitting on a table across the room who was wearing the uniform from Kyungsoo's school.
Suddenly one of them looked over at him and smiled.
"Oh! Hey Kyungsoo!" 
The boy got up from his seat and walked over to him in a quick pace.
"Hello Jongin." He said without looking up from the dirty table he was busy cleaning.
"What are you doing here?! I didn't know you worked here." Kyungsoo looked up with a blank expression. "It's not important information anyways. I work to pay my rent." He let out a small sigh and walked over to the next table.

Before Jongin could say anything back one of his friends was calling on him telling him that they were leaving. 
"Bye Baekhyun." One of the tall once in the group said giving the short man behind the desk a small wink before they all disappeared out the door.