Three

Hard to get

The next day when Kyungsoo opened his locker a note flew out of it and landed by his feet. He picked it up and noticed that something was written on it in a red colour. He unfolded the little note and felt a lump form in his stomach. 'DIE, .' Kyungsoo usually didn't feel anything from these kinds of notes and didn't really show that he cared, but for some reason this time was different and he felt like crying like a little baby in front of everyone walking by.
He crumbled up the pice of paper and threw it away, trying his best to avoid the letters which where now stuck in his head.

He entered his classroom and sat down, opening his reading book because they had free period to work with homework, but Kyungsoo was already done with all his work.

He was in the middle of reading when he heard a chair in from of him creak and a person sat down across him, smiling brightly at him. "Hey Kiddo." Jongin said and ruffled the others hair.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh and nodded at the other. "Hello." He said blankly to the boy in front of him without looking up from his book. Jongin moved his books to the others desk and smiled as he started working right in front of him. Kyungsoo didn't feel like talking to the other or have Jongin irritate him while he worked.
They sat there in silence for a while before Jongin started to make frustrated sounds, making Kyungsoo look up in irritation scold the other. "Can you keep it down?" He asked, his eyes heavy lidded and his lips red from being bit so much while he read. "Sorry Kyungsoo. I just don't understand this maths problem..." He said and pointed in his book. Kyungsoo leaned over and studied the problem. "I'l show you." He said and turned his chair slightly so that both of them could see.

He started to explain how to solve the problem and what to do where and Jongin listend closely even though he couldn't really concentrate on the equation but more on the others plump red lips.

"Got it?" Kyungsoo asked and looked up at Jongin with a blank expression. Jongin snapped out of his little fantasy bubble and nodded and Kyungsoo. "Y-yeah! Thanks!" He said and patted the others head before he started on the next maths equation.

-

 

Kyungsoo entered the cafeteria and got in line where he got his tray and waited peacefully for it to be his turn. Once he had gotten his food and went to find a place to sit someone passed by him and flipped his tray, making all of his food run down his face and uniform. Kyungsoo let out a sigh. This was totally humiliating. He felt everyone around him stare right at him. He wiped the mashed potatoes away from his eyes and turned around to face the person who was now standing with his group of friends, laughing at Kyungsoo. He didn't notice Jongin standing up from his seat with wide eyes while his friends did the same and hurried over to Kyungsoo. 

"Yah! What the is your problem Hongbin!" Jongin growled at the guy who had spilled Kyungsoos food on him. The other crossed his arms and stared at Jongin. "Hah! Are you defending a like him?" He laughed and glanced over at Kyungsoo who was getting cleaned up by Chanyeol and a guy named Luhan, or something. Jongin felt anger boil up inside him as he heard the words the other said about Kyungsoo. He grabbed Hongbins uniform jacket and pulled him closer to himself as he glared at him. 

Kyungsoo watched the whole thing from a distance while he kept on telling Jongins friends that he was okay. He felt his stomach clench at the sight of the two in front of him. He bowed at Jongins friends as a thank you before he walked over to the two and pulled Jongin back by his jacket. "You'll only get in trouble. Don't bother using your energy on human trash like him.." Kyungsoo said and glared at Hongbin before he threw the tray he was holding earlier to the ground and stomped out.

 

-

Jongin  entered the small cafe with Chanyeol, Luhan and his other friends, Sehun and Jongdae. His eyes scanned the room before they landed on a familiar face. "Hey! Baekhyun right? Is Kyungsoo here?" He asked as he leaned over the counter with a big question mark over his head.  Baekhyun jumped slightly and stared up at Jongin. "He's in the employees lounge. What's with him getting coverd in food these days?" He asked as he leaned against the wall while cleaning a coffee cup. 
Chanyeol stepped up next to Jongin and smiled at the shorter. "Some homophobic douche bags are harassing him." He said with a sigh in his voice. Baekhyun visually stiffened when he noticed the hot guy he saw a few days ago and he couldn't help but smile back but frowned right after. "Oh..he doesn't talk much so I had no idea."

Right when Jongin was about to say something Kyungsoo stepped out of the back room with a slight frown on his face. He noticed the boys standing by the counter and bowed to the two unfamiliar faces before he grabbed a bucked and a towel that was placed under the counter. He didn't sat anything to the others, or more like he didn't want to.

"Kyungsoo! Are you okay? How are you feeling?!" Jongin said and pushed himself of the counter as he hurried over to the boy who was now cleaning up the unoccupied tables. Kyungsoo didn't answer and instead moved on to the next table. Jongin mentally frowned but didn't let the other get away. 

-

Kyungsoos shift was done for the day. He had gotten some clothes from Baekhyun so he didn't have to go home in his sticky uniform. He noticed that Jongin had been sitting by one of the booths through his whole shift. He rolled his eyes and walked over to him. "Don't you have a life?" He commented as he stopped in front of the boy. "Well, there's not much to it and i decided to stay and walk you home in case Hongbin and his gang showed up again." He said and got up from his seat. Kyungsoos eyes widend at the others comment. He bowed at Baekhyun before he and Jongin left the cafe in silence. 

-

"You don't have to do this you know..." Kyungsoo said as they where walking in the direction thorwars Kyungsoos apartment. "I know. But I want to." Jongin said with a smile and looked down at Kyungsoo. "Where do you live anyway?" He asked and tilded his head slightly to the side. Kyungsoo let out a sigh and pointed at a apartment complex a little down the street they where walking. 

"Oh, okay! That's not to far from where i live actually!" Jongin said and felt small butterflies in his stomach. 

-

"Good night Kyungsoo. Be safe." Jongin said and gave the other a surprise hug before he walked of, waving at the other with a big smile.

"What's with that idiot?" Kyungsoo said to himself with a small chuckle as he dissapeard into his apartment complex.