Six

Hard to get

 

Because of the small fight Kyungsoo had ended up in earlier at school, he wasn’t allowed by Baekhyun to come to work. He had told Kyungsoo to go home and heal up his wounds instead. 


“Your face is already scary enough as it is. If any of the customers come in here and see you they’re going to run away!” Baekhyun had joked with the best up boy before he sent him home.
Because of this, Kyungsoo was now in the employee lounge packing up his things to get going.

As he was about to head out, a very familiar face suddenly stormed into the café. Said male was now even more bruised up than Kyungsoo could remember but pushed it aside when he came storming over to him with worry covering his face. 


“Kyungsoo, are you feeling alright?” Jongin asked, hands carefully tracing his bruised cheek. 


He huffed lightly and slapped the hand away, a soft pink share creeping onto Kyungsoos cheeks. “I’m fine. Baekhyun sent me home since he didn’t want me scaring the costumers away with my face.” He replied while glaring over at said male. 


In return, Baekhyun only smiled widely at him and waved at Jongin innocently.


“I’m seriously going to kill that Hongbin guy the next time he decides to mess with you.” Jongin growled as he looked back at Kyungsoo with a serious expression, covering his usual soft smile that he liked to show of.


“You've done more than enough for me, Jongin.” Kyungsoo said, looking up at the other, looking into his coffee coloured eyes.


“But it’s not right for him to bully you the way he does!  I’m gay too, why doesn’t he bully me as well?” Jongin suddenly blurted out, making Kyungsoos eyes widen. 


“y-youre also gay?” He asked in surprise. Sure, the signs Jongin was giving him didn’t make it that surprising. From his soft laugh to the soft touches and even the kiss he placed on Kyungsoos forehead. No straight male would do that to his friend. Right?


“Isn't it kind of obvious?” Baekhyun said form behind the counter. 


The comment earned a soft laugh from Jongin and a small blush from Kyungsoo. 


As the two of them headed out of the café, kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel a soft tingle in his stomach as he found out that Jongin was in fact gay as well. 


“Hey. Since you don’t have work today how about we go and do something fun?” Jongin suggested, his hands lazily resting in his front pockets. 
“And your idea of fun is?”


“Whatever you want to do, I want to do as well.” Jongin grinned, making Kyungsoo roll his eyes and look away as a soft blush spread over his cheeks. 
“I have a few things I need to get done, so you can tag along if you want, I guess.” Kyungsoo said, scratching the back of his neck shyly as he glanced over at Jongin.


The other beamed up at Kyungsoos reply. He was expecting the other to turn him down and ask him to leave him alone. “Alright! Lead the way.” He said with the biggest and goofiest smile.

 


Passing by a few shops, they arrived at a book store. Kyungsoo glanced behind him to see if Jongin was still following before entering.
The bell that hung over the door signaled that someone had entered. The woman behind the counter greeted them with a warm smile.

“Good afternoon Kyungsoo. Back again I see.” She chuckled at the familiar face.


“Hello Joy. Nice to see you again.” He said back shyly before walking further into the store, with Jongin trailing behind him like a dog following its owner.


“Seems like you come here a lot. Do you like reading?” Jongin asked as he looked over the different books and looked at what genre they where.


“it’s one of my secret passions. I want to become a writer and write my own book someday.” Kyungsoo said without looking over at Jongin as he glanced around the books. 


After finding the books he was looking for he headed over to the cash register and purchased them.


Heading out again the two made their way to the next destination, the supermarket.
“I’m sorry if I’m boring you, you can leave if you want.” Kyungsoo suddenly said as the two where standing in the supermarket. Kyungsoo was deciding on what type of rice he should get when he realised that Jongin was probably bored out of his mind.


“oh please. I’m having the time of my life right now. I’m so happy I get to help you out with your groceries.” Jongin said, grinning widely at Kyungsoo who only looked away, fighting for his life not to smile at the other.

 

 

When that task was done they where on their way back to Kyungsoos house. Building up some courage, kyungsoo turned to Jongin, once they where in front of his door, and asked him;
“Do.. un..do you want to come inside? I feel that..its only right to ask you to dinner after helping me out..not only with the shopping but earlier as well.” Kyungsoo said. His cheeks where a soft crimson and his stuttering wasn’t helping either.


“I would love to, Kyungsoo.” Jongin said with the sweetest of smiles and followed after the other inside, grabbing a few of his bags for him.

 


Placing the heavy bags on the kitchen counter, Kyungsoo let out a tired sigh. “is it okay with chicken and rice in tomato sauce?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin while putting the groceries in the fridge. 


“of course! I’ll eat anything. I’m not picky. Especially not when it comes to your cooking.” Jongin smiled and watched the others every move with a careful eye.


When finishing the meal and placing two plates filled with rice and seasoned chicken, kyungsoo poured the sauce over them and gave one of them to Jongin.

“it smells truly amazing. I’m sure it tastes just as good.” Jongin smiled softly as he looked between his meal and the chef who made it for him.


“I hope it’s to your liking.” Kyungsoo said and watched nervously as Jongin took the first bite. The sudden feeling of wanting it to be perfect was running through Kyungsoos mind. He wanted Jongin to truly enjoy the meal he had prepared for him and was not ready for defeat. 


Jongins eyes widend and he felt like he was in a different universe. The food was declious, of top class. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and complimented the sauce perfectly. 


“This is fantastic. So declious!” Jongjn said with wide eyes as he looked up at Kyungsoo who seemed rather surprised by the reaction he had gotten.


“I..thank you..” kyungsoo said, unsure of how to react or even what to say as he was so stunned and shy over Jongins reaction.


“I should be the one thanking.this was spectacular.” Jongin chuckled. 

 

After another flow of compliments and a small conversation about school, their plates where empty and their stomachs full. Kyungsoo had placed their dirty dishes in the sink and was now following Jongin to the door. 


“Thank you again Kyungsoo. You’re truly out of this world and I’m so happy that you have started to open up to me.” Jongin said as he was standing there, hands in his pockets, sneakers tied and coat buttoned. 


“You’re to kind…I’m not out of this world..im just plain Jane, boring kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo said, not being the type of person who handled compliments very well. 


Jongin groaned and shook his head. He cupped the others cheek softly before he leaned down and pressed their lips together. 


The kiss was shirt but magical. Kyungsoos lips felt like they had been his with some sort of electric shock, and by the looks of Jongins face he had felt the same thing. 


“Stop doubting yourself Kyungsoo. You’re amazing and one of a kind. No one can change how great of a person you are.”


Kyungsoo didn’t even hear what the other said next as his mind was to caught up with the fact that he had just kissed Jongin.

He was his first kiss.

 

 

//Hi!! It's been a while, huh? First of i just want to apologise for being away for so long and not updating this fantastic story. I love it so much and can't really say I have any excuse.

Anyways, You can probably see that my writing and structure is different from how it was before? Well this is how I've started to write and hope it's good or even better than before! 

I'll do my best to be more active and update more♡//