13 The Power of the Truth

Fate With Legs

 

- Hi guys! I'm back! Not so busy nowadays already^^ I'm really glad I'm able to go home.... *muacks* 
I love my country! I love Korea! It's tiring though, having to train everyday. I've caught a cold in the past week and I'm still recovering. My throat's a little sore, so I didn't train vocals this week. I'll resume next week. But I specialize in vocals, so it's a little difficult for me now to only concentrate on dancing. Singing gives a little relaxation whenever I have to do long term trainings ><
Heehhehe, okay so... Numberings like this: (1) << Please refer to the bottom of the story to find out their meanings. It sorta like a little dictionary you have on certain books?
 
Yeah so, here it goes! kekeke, I love doing it in drama mode! ><

 

[ < - PREVIOUS EPISODE - > ]
 

 

Sandara stormed into the room and I saw her holding a jug of hot water, freshly boiled. I swung Jessica behind me as Sandara made a gesture to splash it on Jessica. The burning water scalded my skin on my back, making my hold on Jessica tighter. Her eyes widened and shrilled, "Oppa!!" Sandara dropped the jug, dumbfounded and took a few steps back, shaking her head. I finally mustered up the courage to tell Jessica, "I... Love you.. But I'm marrying Sandara soon." With that, my world turned black.

 

 

End of POV

Jaejoong fell into Jessica's arms as the hot boiling water seeped into his skin. Jessica had agape and holding onto Jaejoong ever so tightly. He faded into blackness as his eyes shut tight. Jessica shrieked and Sandara shook her head in disbelief. She froze and took cautious steps backwards. Pressing her palm on her forehead, a sob escaped her parted lips. 'This can't be happening... No... No...' With one final step back, she spun her body around and her legs carried her as fast as she could away from her fiancé. 

 

Jessica was dumbfounded as tears started to blur her surroundings. 'Jae!' she cried. No response. She cried again, now teardrops escaping like fountains of her eye rims, 'Jae!!'

 

Her hands shook uncontrollably while she swiftly slid her hands into her handbag to get her mobile phone. Dialing in the emergency contact number(A/N different countries have different numbers, so I just put that), praying for the line to be connected. 

 

When the number got through, her voice quivered as she explained the happening thoroughly and rushed them to arrive faster. The call got disconnected and Jessica felt her limbs go weak. Her mobile phone dropped and clanked on the floorboard. The eyeliner she just touched up had smudged again and this time, she didn't bother. 

 

Jessica stretched her shaking hands towards Jaejoong's face, praying mentally that he would be alright. Her knees fell to the ground and she caressed his face gently like a mother a child's newborn profile. 

 

Soon enough, the ambulance arrived and carried Jaejoong, facing down due to his injury, off to the nearest hospital.

 

Jessica's POV

 

Oppa... What... What just happened?

 

Sandara Park... How can you do this to your own fiancé? You will get it from me. Someday. 

Jaejoong oppa was mine and I gave him to you.

I trusted you to be good to him. Even if the boiling water being splashed onto him was an accident, you shouldn't have left, leaving him in a lurch!

 

SNSD and I will never let you go. Well, only Sooyoung and I. This has gone too far, I'm going to tattletale on you. To YG. 

 

End of POV

 

Jaejoong, still unconcious, was sent to disinfect his back and had to do a checkup on his scalded skin. 

 

Jessica was with him the whole time. Even after a day, she was warming his hands in between her palms, she looked at him intently and bit her lips. Her thoughts were filled with Jaejoong and Sandara. 

 

Plotting her revenge on Dara and how to help Jaejoong recover quickly. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the intrusion of Dara barging into the room. 

 

Jessica's eyes were bloodshot and she was enveloped in anger. Shooting up from her seat, Dara took short and quick steps towards him, obviously looking like she had been tossing and turning in a hard cold mattress, haunted by the unfortunate matter.

 

Dara looked at Jaejoong, who's torso and back had been wrapped with smelly green medicine, covering and nearing Jaejoong. Jessica's head boiled and pointed her index finger towards the door, 'Get out. Get out. Now.' She warned in a dark and serious tone. Dara ignored Jessica words and proceeded to Jaejoong's bedside. 'I said GET OUT,' raising her voice. Dara's eyes looked out of spirit and stared intently at him. She had regretted whatever she had done to him.

 

Sandara stepped on Jessica's last living nerve and Jessica finally snapped, 'What do you want now?! You've given him your hot water "treatment" and force him to give his heart to you. Do you think you'll really be happy like this? Huh?! Separating a loving couple and making us miserable makes you happy? It's a one-sided love!'

 

Dara blanked out and bit her tongue. Jessica and Dara spun around facing Jaejoong as he made a sound. His hands suddenly lifted and clutched his head, he was struggling with all his might. Jaejoong's lips were parted, and he was frowning so intently that his face was gnarled with deep wrinkles. 

 

'Jaejoong!' 

He didn't open his eyes.

'Jaejoong! Jaejoong!'

Jessica sat by his bed and tapped his shoulder. Then his eyes opened slightly. Jessica and Dara sighed in relief. Then, he shut his eyes tight again. Jessica gasped and orders Dara to call the doctor. 

 

Dara dashed out of the room and asked for help. The doctors rushed in in seconds and gave him a quick checkup. 

 

'He's fine, he probably had a headache. But his back is now healing but somehow the hot water had seeped and made a vein go haywire. He might experience slight headaches once in a while.' the Doctor explained patiently. Jessica nodded and thanked the doctor. Jessica slid onto the chair beside the bed and held his hands.

 

Dara bowed her head down at the back of the room and looked at the 2. Her eyes darted around the room and looked guiltily at Jessica. 'S-Sica... Sica-yah...' she started. Jessica's head twisted towards Sandara and she met her eyes. 'M-m-mian..Mianhaeyo.' Dara stuttered. Jessica cocked her brow and gave her a what-are-you-doing-now? look. 

 

'I guess...' Sandara began, 'I'm being too selfish towards myself...' Jessica released her grip on Jaejoong and started to face Sandara. 

 

'When I was a kid, I used to be laughed at cause I was fat. I uses to be ugly. I couldn't sing at all. The guys I had crushes on, hated me. The queenkas(1) bullied me because of my size. I was never a social type. Until I had a crush on this guy called Choi Seunghyun (2). He only liked girls with nice bodies and nice face, can sing and dance. That was his ideal type. We were friends but never to an extend where we could have lunch together. He had always so many girls around him. I started to grow on him as time passed and I decided that I had to do something to myself.' a dry laugh came out of her voice as Jessica stared at the ground for a while, trying to absorb every information being thrown at her now.

Resuming her story, Sandara narrated, 'I left school for a 4-month hiatus. Because I was fat, I went dieting every single day. Eating as little as 1200 calories a day, exercising in the gym for 5 hours per day and surviving only on water. For my face, everything went in place after slimming down. My features became more defined and I started using makeup to enhance my face. I didn't like the thought of going for plastic surgery. I went for vocal and dancing lessons and trained almost everyday, non-stop. After my hiatus, I resumed school and nobody recognised me.' Sandara emphasised on the word 'NOBODY'. Jessica frowned and bit her lip.

'I'm sor-' 
'No, it's okay,' Sandara cut her off.

'Then, I was the new queenka. The jocks who used to bully me were under my control. The old queenkas were overthrown by me, their clique members flocked to me. Choi Seunghyun approached me. We were dating, and everything was happier than before. It was a few months until...' Dara faded off. Jessica raised both brows and gave her a questioning look.

'Until I found out that Seunghyun was cheating on me with my best friend Park Bom. She's in the same group as me and we appear to be really close. But it was because Seunghyun also cheated on her with another girl. He was a jerk. We were all fooled by his looks. Park Bom lost his ity to him and regretted it deeply. From then onwards, I sweared to heavens that I will get everything I want, and not letting anything get snatched away from me. I was traumatised, to cut short everything.' stopping in her story-telling, Dara faced Jessica and bowed to her. Jessica was surprised and stood up immediately from her position. Her eyes widened and unknowingly, she called, 'Unnie...'

Sandara straightened up her body and gasped. The girl who had her boyfriend taken away from herself was actually starting to respect her. Her eyes were b with water as it overflowed. Jessica took steps towards Sandara and embraced her.

Warm and sweet, her hug was like a comfort. Sandara apologised again and took her leave. Jessica stood frozen at her position and watched her leave. Jessica didn't mind all the hurt she had received anymore, cause someone has been hurting more than she had.

 

 

Dictionary: 
(1) queenka: A popular girl in school that is normally surrounded by guys or cliques. Is famous within the school. The 'best all-around' girl. But some queenkas are mean. Basically they mean that they are 10/10 attractiveness and appearance-wise.

(2) Choi Seunghyun: T.O.P of bigbang, if you don't know.

 

 

 

 


 

YOYOYO! How was it? Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!
I really missed you guysss!!! >< Thanks for all my subscribers! LOVE YOU!

 

Oh yes and don't mind do this poll for me? ><

 

 

 

 

Love,
deiyeon