09장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara blinked as she sat on the far end of the largest couch in the living room. She was seated beside Jiyong, the men sitting around and conversing as if he had never left all of a sudden for vacation. She watched as Jiyong smiled brightly, unable to tear away her gaze from his smile. She could feel warmth radiate from his being as he laughed and joked around, albeit immaturely, with his group members.

Suddenly she felt a gaze burning her cheek, head immediately snapping in that direction. Seungri cheekily grinned, scratching the back of his head as he bowed slightly. She felt a nudge at her side, Jiyong's whisper making her flinch, "I know he's annoying but go easy on him. He loves pretty girls." She looked up slowly at Jiyong, wondering if he had gone mad. He shrugged and turned back to Seunghyun, when suddenly Ara felt a sharp pain where he had nudged her.

She had to do her best to stay solid while his friends were here, but she was sure he didn't hurt her. Again, the sharp pain made her cripple for a moment, biting back her wince. Seungri furrowed his brows, "Ara, are you okay?" By now the attention of all five men were directed towards her. Jiyong looked at her, his heart racing with worry, "Ara?" She gripped her side, gasping for air. Leaping onto her feet, she flashed a small smile before bowing, "I need to step out for a moment."

Without waiting for an answer, Ara rushed away, out the front door. The men looked at Jiyong oddly, his leg tapping impatiently as he pondered going with her or staying with his friends. But as if to reassure them, her melodic voice invade his head like he had gone insane, "I'm fine, Jiyong. I'll handle it. Stay with them." He did his best to brush away the odd feeling weighing down his heart as he went back into conversation with his friends.

Only, they were worried as well when Jiyong's smile was forced out.

 

It was 11 o'clock when the four visitors were finally settled and ready to sleep in their guest rooms. They were knocked out after hours of travelling, having their first vacation in too long. Jiyong, on the other hand, paced in the living room. He hadn’t heard a single message from Ara since she left. Constantly looking at his watch, Jiyong huffed as he opened the door for the nth time, stretching his neck to see any sign of her.

His stomach ached from the worry, his heart pounding as he pondered whether to step out and look for her or stay. After a moment, he decided he couldn’t stand there any longer and grabbed a jacket. Jiyong stepped into his shoes, when suddenly a voice beside his ear made him jump.

“Boo.”

Jiyong held his racing heart as he glanced at the smiling figure beside him. Ara smiled as she rocked from her heel to her toes, adorned in the clothes Jiyong leant her. Jiyong jumped back slightly and his widened eyes soon turned into a glare. He pointed at her, raising his voice slightly but quiet enough not to wake the men upstairs, “Yah! Shin Ara! Where were you?! Do you realize how worried I was?!”

Ara jumped back in surprise, a confused face enhancing her innocence. Ara gently whispered as she pulled the sleeves of the shirt to cover the tips of her fingers, “I-I’m sorry. A rabbit was run o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter