01장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thump.

The sound of a car door slamming shut alarmed the elderly man and woman in their home. Immediately the woman placed her tea mug back on the kitchen counter, springing up from her seat to greet her guest. She rushed out, smiling as she met eyes with the young man walking towards her home with suitcases of luggage. He looked up at smiled at her as well, “Grandma!” Dropping his luggage, the man rushed up to the elderly woman, embracing her tight as she laughed, “Is our Jiyongie doing well?”

After nodding, Jiyong looked up to see his approaching grandfather, letting go of his grandmother and greeting him. Embracing him as well, Jiyong couldn’t hide the grin on his face, “Grandpa, are you doing well?” The elderly man nodded and chuckled, ruffling Jiyong’s hair just like he used to when Jiyong was a child, “Of course.  Why don’t we go inside?”

The three family members walked inside the large house, dragging along Jiyong’s luggage. They sat in the living room, tea placed in front of each of them as Jiyong looked around the room from his seat. He chuckled, “It’s stayed exactly the same.” His grandmother nodded and sipped her tea, “We’re getting too old to redecorate.” The elderly man leaned back in shock, “Yeobo, what are you talking about? I’m still young!”

At least an hour passed as they continued to tell stories and revisit the years which were long gone. Jiyong was no longer their little grandson who used to tease his noona and run around like he was on a sugar rush. Jiyong was no longer the child dancing on popular children’s shows and singing even as he was younger. Jiyong was no longer the boy who only spoke quickly for fun and sang melodies because he wanted to. Jiyong was now a grown man, more mature – even a little too much for his age as he was the leader of his group. Jiyong was now a man who was paid millions to appear on a show or endorse a product. Jiyong was now a professional musician – a rapper, producer, writer, singer…an artist.

If only his grandparents knew how desperately he wished to go back to his younger years.
Even just for a minute.

The three shared a laugh as the grandfather looked at his watch. He sighed, “Our taxi is coming soon. I’ll go get our things. Jiyong, stay and keep your grandmother company.” Hesitantly, Jiyong nodded and watched his grandfather walked up the stairs. His grandmother sighed, “How long has it been since you’ve been here for vacation, Jiyong? Is celebrity life treating you well?” Jiyong looked down at his hands as he sadly smiled, remembering why and how he managed to get a month-long vacation from his boss.

Jiyong sighed, “It’s been too long, grandma. Life is…well, it’s always busy, but I guess I’m used to it by now. Everything’s really crazy. Fans and photographers can get out of hand, but I love them, nonetheless. I’m happy to see you and grandpa are still doing well.”

His grandmother smiled, “How’s Kiko?”

And at that moment in time, Jiyong’s world came to a halt. His head began to hang low, avoiding eye contact with his grandmother. His heart was ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter