16장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were holding hands tightly as Ara walked Jiyong towards the pond. He was pulling back slightly, silently begging Ara to slow down so he could cherish this time with her. The setting sun created numerous shadows around them, reminding Jiyong of the hours they wasted fooling around together. He could only remember seeing her smile as he lifted her up from behind and spun her around, or the time he shared the worst pickup lines he said as an inexperienced teen. Her smile was always bright, and watching the pond come into sight, Jiyong begged his brain to remember it. Before he knew it, they stood before the pond, exactly the place they had first met.

Ara turned to Jiyong, hesitantly letting go of his hand as she linked her two hands together behind her back. She sighed as she looked up at him, a small, sad smile on her pretty lips, “We will have to wait until the moon comes.” Jiyong looked up, seeing the moon beginning to slowly come into view as the sun was only minutes away from totally disappearing. Jiyong began to pace in front of Ara, his heart aching for every passing second he had left. He shook his head, “Can’t we…can’t we do this for another month? Can’t we wait for the next full moon?” Ara shook her head sadly as Jiyong practically begged before her, “The rules are only set for the first four weeks. If you do not make your wish…it will have all been for nothing. And you must return to your normal lifestyle, do you not?”

Jiyong felt his knees go limp as he crouched down, his head shaking repeatedly as if it would somehow stop this all from happening, “But it’s not for nothing, Ara! We met, haven’t we? We got to know each other! We…we…” Ara crouched down in front of Jiyong, cupping his face gently as she brushed away the hair that covered his eyes. She continued to smile at him with that smile that somehow tore Jiyong’s heart in two. He leaned into her hands as if they provided warmth, but somehow the coldness of her flesh was something he learned to enjoy.

Ara spoke to him slowly as if that would somehow comfort him, “It was an amazing four weeks, Jiyong. But that’s all it can be. You’re G-Dragon. You have a wonderful life outside of this place. You have a family waiting to see you, friends excited to meet you again, and fans anticipating your return. I have my sins to atone for here.” It was quick, really. Jiyong had only looked up at Ara and their gazes met when suddenly he leaned forward.

He held onto her and kissed her as if it would change her mind.
As if it would change someone’s mind to allow her to come with him back home.

Ara melted for a moment before remembering her position. She pushed him away, standing as she walked away, turning her back on him for a moment to breathe. Jiyong stood, realizing what he had done as he reached out to her, “I-I’m sorry, I-” Ara shook her head, seeing the sun completely gone and the stars out with the full moon shining bright. She turned towards him, her diamond shining the brightest green he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter