07장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiyong hyung! The rest of your members will visit you in a week, so be prepared for us!”

Jiyong furrowed his brows as he listened to the message on his phone. Jiyong stopped, hearing the automated voice announce the date Seungri had left the message. Rushing up to the calendar hanging in his grandparents’ living room his eyes widened.

s were coming in today.

Jiyong quickly rushed up to the bedroom he stayed in while dialling the youngest’s number. He grabbed the first pair of jeans he could find and a solid white t-shirt. By the third ring, Seungri answered, “Hyung! Have you prepared a feast for us?!” Jiyong laughed half-heartedly as he grabbed a varsity jacket, “Yah, how much longer until you’re here?” Seungri mumbled to the other members in the van as Jiyong rushed down to the front door, slipping on shoes. Again, the voice on the line brightened, “We’ll be there in an hour!” Jiyong sighed in relief before curtly nodding even if they couldn’t see him, “Alright, come safely!” And before Seungri could fit in another word, Jiyong hung up and was out the door, heading straight into the maze of trees.

He could find his way to the pond in mere minutes after Ara had showed him the shortcut. Brushing past the branches and the trees, Jiyong quickly rushed to the familiar body of water, holding in his breath as he rushed. As soon as he hit the clearing and saw the familiar girl sitting by the water’s side with a fox by her side, Jiyong could only smile in relief. It was as if a wave of serenity washed over his body and time could stop with Ara. He smiled, “Hey, princess!” Ara turned and stood, her little Loki approaching Jiyong and walking by him after nudging him with its head. It was as if the animal knew they needed time alone.

Ara stared at Jiyong oddly, and suddenly her stomach felt some tingle as he smiled at her as if he needed to see her to feel relief. She shook away the thought before taking a step towards him, “Yes, mortal?” Jiyong smiled and stuffed his hands in his pockets, a sudden shyness taking over him. His head hung low, feet shuffling slightly as if to hide the heat rushing to his face. He cleared his throat, “M-My friends are coming to visit me. Would you like to meet them?”

For a moment, Ara was taken aback. He looked at Jiyong suspiciously, “Why? So they could use me as well?” Jiyong immediately shot his head up, shaking it furiously. He looked her straight in the eye, a slight sadness in his stare. Did she really think that little of him? Jiyong sighed, “N-No, of course not. I wanted to introduce you to the people in my life…

“I don’t want you to feel alone anymore.”

Ara gasped and looked away, a feeling of goose bumps rising on her arms as she avoided his sight. Ara glanced at him through the side of her eyes, catching Jiyong taking a step closer with a hand out. He smiled, “Come on, it wouldn’t hurt, would it?” Ara cleared as her fingers played together, “T-There’s a border which surrounds the forest. I am not allowed to leave.”

Suddenly Jiyong had a hold of her hand, walking her towards the home. He smiled, “Come on, the house is practically inside the forest.” She didn’t respond as she simply let him drag her, her eyes locked onto the sight of their hands interlaced. Ara gulped, a hotness taking over her cheeks. What kind of spell was he putting on her? She was usually cold to the bone, how could he suddenly provide her body warmth by only holding her hand? She glanced at her jewel, brows furrowed in puzzlement.

What did pink mean?

Before she could think it through, Jiyong stood in front of her, his being already outside the forest, the house right behind him. He sighed and Ara retracted her hand out of his grasp in emergency, scared to feel the kind of shock the barrier would emit if she touched it. Jiyong sighed as he sadly looked at her, off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter