11장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They…what?”

Ara shook her head, “Never mind, Jiyong. Your friends are waiting, aren’t they?” Jiyong reached out to grab Ara’s wrist, but his hand passed right through her. Was she that uncomfortable with him now? A twinge of hurt was aimed at Jiyong’s chest. Ara grabbed the clothing he had put down on the bed and walked to the bathroom.

 Jiyong groaned as his head was clouded, unable to think straight. What was going on? What wasn’t Ara telling him? Jiyong sat down on the foot of the bed his eyes wandering to the pictures around the room. His grandparents loved showing off their family. They proudly displayed moments of the lives of their loved ones around the house, and it thrilled Jiyong to know they were also proud of his achievements. He loved his family to death, and it saddened him to know that his popularity was a threat to them.

Fans could track any of them down at any moment. He knew stepping into Seoul any one of his family members would walk around with fear shaking them to their bones. At any moment a fan could stop them to harass them and find out more of their beloved celebrity. With that, Jiyong was forever apologetic to his suffering family. But they pushed that away all the time, telling him they were proud. At times, they would want to show off the achievements of G-Dragon – of Kwon Jiyong. They supported him of his dreams to be an entertainer since his feet began to move to music. His family was his foundation. But…Ara had helped create him?

Did that mean he didn’t really belong?

Ara came out of the bathroom in a mid-thigh length black skirt, white v-neck t-shirt and a large, oversized beige wool cardigan. Her pink hair was brushed over to one side messily, and as she avoided Jiyong’s gaze, she walked towards the door. Without looking at her, Jiyong sighed, sadness slowly mixing in with the confusion.

“You have to promise you’ll tell me.”
Ara turned to glance at him, seeing his troubled face. She hesitantly nodded.

“After we come back, I promise.”

Instead of sitting there, sulking, Jiyong hopped onto his feet. As long as she would tell him sooner or later, Jiyong was fine. He smiled brightly and walked up to Ara, leading her out, “Let’s not keep them waiting, hm, princess?” Ara stared at him in wonder of this man’s character. But mindlessly, she nodded, stepping out and slowly down the stairs. As soon as the two were seen coming down the stairs, the four other men began leaving the home, chirping in excitement.

Daesung smiled as Ara approached the front door, “We packed sandwiches and juice for a picnic!” Jiyong chuckled, “Are we ten years old? Why are we going on a picnic?” Ara smiled and hopped in her spot, “I’ve never been on a picnic.” The men looked at her with small smiles tugging their lips, never seeing her so happy. Daesung jumped with her, “We can just eat it ourselves while you guys can go on!” Jiyong slightly frowned and crossed his arms, slipping into his hiking boots, “Yah! What if I get hungry?! Might as well join you.” The other three men mumbled their agreements as they breathed in the fresh air. It was definitely different in the countryside.

Ara stared at the different shoes, unsure what to do – she didn’t have her own. Jiyong smiled and dropped a pair of white sneakers in front of her, “Try these on.” She nodded, sitting down on the floor and lifted her foot for Jiyong. Jiyong laughed and kneeled before her, undoing the laces of one of the shoes, “You really are a princess, aren’t you?” Ara smiled as he slipped on one of the shoes gently, careful as if any harsh movement would hurt her ankle. “I expect you to treat me like one, mortal,” she said with her nose up towards the sky. Jiyong glanced up at her as he undid the laces of the other shoe, mumbling to himself.

“Treat you like a princess, huh?”

He guided the next shoe onto her left foot, quickly tying the laces. He sighed, smiling at her, “Do they fit okay?” Ara lifted her feet and planted them down on the ground several times before nodding, “They’re a bit big but they’ll have to do.” Jiyong exaggeratedly sighed as he stood, dusting off his jeans. He offered out his hand to her, other hand on his back as he bowed like a prince waiting for a dance. He chuckled, “Shall we, Cinderella?” Ara smiled and placed her hand on his, “We shall, Prince Charming.” He tugged her up, Ara hopping to her feet.

As soon as she stood, their noses brushed, Jiyong freezing. He was never so close to someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter