14장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

758 Years Ago

“My my...you look absolutely amazing.”

Ara turned to see Seojoon smiling as he took the image of her in what was going to be wedding dress. She was currently getting fitted for their marriage that would take place in a less than a month, on the first full moon. He was fitted in his suit, his hair done up, away from his, admittedly handsome, face. There was a flutter in Ara’s chest as he walked towards her, her stomach filled with butterflies as she grew smaller under his gaze. He lifted her chin, giving her lips a soft peck that made her body burst with delight.

Somehow, within the few days that they had gotten to know one another, Seojoon convinced Ara that marriage with him would not be as bad as she had imagined. He convinced her to trust him and simply go along with his actions, and hopefully, if she grew to love him, their marriage would be nothing but blissful. And so she had spent every waking hour by his side by the request of Gaia and Eros, and the time spent with him wasn’t as intolerable as she first thought. The two learned how to control their powers together, working in unison to create outcomes that wouldn’t harm anyone or anything.

Seojoon smiled as the veil was placed on Ara’s head, his arms finding their way around her waist as she stared at herself in the mirror. He sighed, his lips gently grazing her jaw, “To believe am I to wed such a beautiful goddess…I am astonished.” A red hue washed over Ara’s face as his fingers trailed from her neck, past her shoulders, down her arms, and to her hands where their fingers interlaced. His lips gently touched her shoulder blade as he smiled, his eyes meeting hers in the large mirror that reflected the loving couple almost like a wedding picture itself.

“I think I have fallen in love with you, Ara.”

 

Nervously clasping Seojoon’s hand, Ara slowly followed behind him as they approached Eros. The God welcomed the two happily as he briefly embraced his son before laying his eyes on his son’s fiancée. With an outstretched hand, Eros grinned, “My my, Gaia does not fail to make beautiful creations.” Ara smiled as she shook Eros’ hand, bowing as her voice oozed nothing but confidence she had learned from Gaia, “Thank you, Eros.” Eros nodded and nodded his son over, needing a word in private. As the two men spoke Ara played with her fingers out of nerves. What if Eros didn’t like her? What if the marriage was cancelled? Would Seojoon still stick around? Of course he would, this was an arranged marriage.

As Seojoon walked towards her, he smiled as he embraced her without a word. Noticing Eros had left, Ara looked up at Seojoon, almost forgetting what she was going to say as she noticed how she looked at her. His eyes were full of love as he looked down at her, the small smile hanging on his lips making her flustered for just a moment. Gathering her thoughts, Ara asked, “Where did Eros go?” Seojoon shrugged as he rested his chin on top of Ara’s head comfortably, “He had business to attend to. He apologized for having to leave so suddenly.”

Half relieved and half saddened, Ara sighed as she rested her cheek on his chest, “Oh. What did you talk about?” Seojoon chuckled, the rumble of his chest echoing in Ara’s ear, “Why? Nervous? The great Shin Ara is nervous?” Ara pushed him away and held out a fist, threatening to beat him with it, “Yah! He’s my future father-in-law! What do you think?!” Seojoon laughed at her panicked face, embracing her once more to calm her down. He cupped her face, making sure her eyes were looking into his, “My father adores you. We were only talking about the ring, dear.” Ara blushed as he pecked her lips before letting go of her cheeks. She giggled nervously, eyes avoiding his, “Oh.”

 

“I love you.”

A moment of silence passed the two. Seojoon shot up from lying down, turning towards Ara who had been lying down beside him on the rooftop of her home, “What?” Ara looked away, smirking as she could see his face turned a bright red under the moonlight. She scoffed, “I know you heard it.” Seojoon smiled as he lied back down, lying on his side with his arms around Ara’s waist. He shook his head, “No, I didn’t. Say it again.”

Ara shook her head, refusing to say it again or her face would burn of embarrassment, “You should’ve listened more closely then.” Seojoon pouted and began tickling her sides, forgetting that she wasn’t ticklish. Ara scoffed and swatted his hands away, “Stop. It feels weird.” Seojoon shook his head and pulled Ara over to rest her head on his chest. He smiled and raked his fingers through her soft hair, hoping what he heard was real and not something his desperate mind made, “Please? Say it again?”

Ara completely melted in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his torso, closing her eyes as she could hear the drumming of his heart. His breathing calmed her down, the gentle lift and drop of his chest making her mind wander. Would marriage life stay like this? Where she would just stay in his comforting embrace? Where his displays of affection continuously piled onto her without the care of those staring? Though at first the thought of marriage was absolutely out of question, in his arms, Ara was okay with the idea. Though it might’ve been better to get to know him more first, but she could get to know him during their marriage life. She couldn’t wait.

“I love you.”
“I love you too.”

 

“The wedding is off.”

What did she hear? Ara turned to Gaia who stood behind her, standing from her seat on the roof. What did she say? Ara smiled, completely oblivious to what words Gaia spoke. Or at least she wished she was. Ara tilted her head in wonder, “I’m sorry, mother. Can you repeat that?” Gaia sighed as she held her daughter’s hands, looking down at her shaking hands sadly, “The wedding…is off.” It hurt. Something hurt. Everything hurt. Just yesterday she and Seojoon rehearsed their wedding ceremony. Just yesterday he held her in his arms, whispering their vows over and over again as if they wouldn’t get sick of hearing such a thing. Just yesterday she had cried when Seojoon gave her a proper proposal. In just three weeks the two fell completely in love, and suddenly…it was over?

Ara smiled, shaking away the tears as she shrugged, “That’s okay. We can still meet one another. It’s better to get to know him more, anyway.” But she knew. She knew that’s not how things work. That’s now how anything worked. But she didn’t want to hear it. Gaia knew that’s what was going through Ara’s head, and decided it was best that Ara heard it from her, “You can’t see him anymore, dear. Eros changed his mind. They both did.” Ara laughed at the absurdity. Okay, she understood. This was a joke. This was a little stunt Seojoon pulled together to relax her nerves. To remind her that he would never change his mind, and this marriage – this whole process of falling head over heels – would all be worth it. But one look into Gaia’s sad eyes, and Ara knew.

This wasn’t a joke.
He changed his mind.

Ara shook her head as Gaia took a step closer, “No! Seojoon wouldn’t change his mind. He just proposed to me! We’re getting married! He said he loved me! He just…He just-” Gaia wiped the tears running do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter