08장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong busied himself with cleaning the house as minutes ticked on by, Ara helping as all she did was flick her finger to move something. Jiyong sighed with his hands on his hips, “Hey, stop showing off.” Ara looked at him with a small smile, only inducing Jiyong to grin back. She shrugged, “I’m helping.” It’s true, she had reorganized the book shelves across the room, moved the dishes into the dishwasher and continued to reorganize things within her vision. The whole time she was sitting on the couch with her legs elegantly crossed and a blank look on her face. Jiyong pouted, his face tugging her heart as he whined, “Is there any way you can share that power?” Ara shook her head, “It took me centuries to learn how to control it. It will take multiple lifetimes to teach you, even if it was possible.”

Stomping his feet childishly, Jiyong sat down beside Ara on the couch, crossing his arms as he nodded towards the table, “Can you straighten the vase?” Ara nodded and with a single point of her finger, the glass vase moved to the middle of the table without a sound. Jiyong smiled, “I always thought these kinds of things were impossible.” Ara turned to him, fixing the glasses which sat on top of her nose. Jiyong smiled as she stared at him, “What things?”

Jiyong shook his head and looked out into the air in front of him, “Just…powers and things like that. They’re always in movies and books, but to see them in front of me, it’s…surreal. Sometimes I lie down in bed and ask myself if I’m actually seeing these things. Sometimes I wonder if there is a pond in the forest, or if there’s a chance my wish will actually come true. Then there’s the moment I look at you and wonder…” Slowly, Jiyong turned to face Ara, her breath caught in as their eyes locked. Even if his eyes were only brown, they were the most captivating colour to her. His brown eyes were so bright and visible even in dull light, it was almost…breathtaking. Jiyong sighed and smiled as her green eyes widened in wonder.

“I wonder if you’re real. If I’m really sitting here with you, seeing you make things grow in your palm, or move things around with a single finger. When my hand passes through you, I always think I’m crazy. How could a legend be true? I was always told these fairytales, and now that I see you, I’m starting to question if they’re real. I wonder…if you’re really here, or if I’m so lonely I made you up in my mind.”

Ara softly smiled at him, her hand cautiously approaching his. With as much courage as she could muster, her hand landed on top of his, Jiyong looking down at her in surprise. Her cold fingers squeezed his hand in support, a smile on his face beginning to grow. Ara smiled at him as their gazes caught each others’ once more, ignoring the wave of heat in her body again.

“Well, mortal, now we’re two lonely people with each other’s company.”

Jiyong nodded and smiled, his fingers squeezing hers, “I guess we are.” A moment of silence surrounded the two, as if they let the other drown in their eyes. Jiyong felt an odd feeling in his heart as he straightened in his seat. He moved closer to Ara, the girl sitting still and watching as he moved closer. Jiyong’s eyes travelled down her sculpted face, staying put at the sight of her soft, pink lips. He was pulled in. It was as if she used the power of her finger to pull him in, and he was being dragged forward like the vase on the table. Everything about Kiko was forgotten as he got closer, feeling her breath on his skin.

But before he could get any closer, the doorbell rang.

Jiyong cursed in his head as he stood, avoiding Ara’s eyes as he rushed to the door. Ara stood as well, slowly trailing behind him as Jiyong opened the door. Ara hid behind one of the walls, only popping her head to see who it was. She wasn’t used to interacting with more than one human. Their body warmth always made her squirm. As soon as the door opened, a body flung itself at Jiyong, wrapping its arms around his neck and its legs around his waist, holding onto him like a koala.

The youngest of the men whined and pretende

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter