CH. 6: To Text or Not to Text

Star

The after meeting took a while. Before Sae Rin noticed it, it's already 8pm. Most of her team mates already left but she's still in the office as she needs to shortlist their venue and catering suppliers for the event.

"Ah..I'm so hungry." She rubbed her tummy as she remembered that the last food that she had was the left over sandwhich that she ate past 12. "I better go home and have dinner. I'll do this tomorrow." She said to herself.

After grabbing her bag and turning off her PC, she noticed a piece of paper tucked below her keyboard. It was the phone number handed to her by Jiyong earlier in the meeting. Without thinking much, she grabbed the paper and put it in her bag. "There is no harm in keeping this. Even if I won't text this number, this is still Jiyong's handwriting." She smiled and happily went home.

"Ahjumma annyeonghasseyo" Sae Rin greeted the restaurant owner where she usually buy her dinner. "Sae Rin-ah, you went home late again. You should take care of yourself too." 

"Ne ahjumma. We had a bigtime client and the company is so busy preparing for this big event. I forgot the time." 

"Aigoo! How will you be able to get married if you are workaholic like that?" 

"Gwenchanna ahjumma. I just saw the man of my dreams today."

"Ah jinja? Then it's all good. I want to meet this guy. You know how I treat you as my daughter right?"

"Aigoo ahjumma. I know you love me like a daughter and I treat you like a mother as well. But you can't meet this guy."

"And why?"

"He is not interested in me ahjumma. And there is no way we can be together. I am referring to Kwon Jiyong of Bigbang." Sae Rin said with a laugh.

"Aigoo! Aigoo! You met him in person?"

"Neh ahjumma. I forgot you are a fan too. I will try to ask for an autograph and picture for you the next time I see him." 

"I am too old for that. Sae Rin-ah, nothing is impossible for love always remember that. You are pretty, kind and most importantly you value the elders. You are far more better than most of the girls now a days." The old restaurant owner said. "Here is your order. I added more kimchi. Put it in the fridge so you can have extra." She added.

"Ah ne. Kamsahamnida ahjumma." Sae Rin smiled and hugged the old lady.

 

JIYONG'S POV

"Hyeong! Are you waiting for a call or something? You've been looking at your phone since the meeting earlier." Seungri asked.

"Ani. I just want to see my wallpaper." I quickly denied.

"Ah jinja? Wae? Who is yout wallpaper? Some hot chick? Let me see!" He suddenly tried to grab my phone. As if on cue, it rang.

In my act to take the phone away from him, I had pushed Seungri hard that he fell on his chair.

"Ah hyeong. What is wrong with you jinja? My hurts!" He complained.

"Mianhe Seungri. I didn't mean it. I told you not to touch my things!" I apologized. "Yeoboseyo?" I nervously answered the phone.

"Ahh..ne.. I am sorry wrong number." I am so irritated. 

"30 mins break" I said leaving the rest of the members awed by my weirdness.

 

SAE RIN'S POV

"Should I text him? But what will I say? Aiiissh. This is too complicated. Normally, guys would ask for a girl's number if they are interested. But why? Why is this guy giving me the burden to do the first move?? He is a total player!" I loudly talked to myself. 

I drafted a text message..

Sae Rin: Hi.. is this Kwon Jiyong?

"Kyaaah..it sounds stupid. Delete delete delete"

Sae Rin: Hi, you may not remember who I am but earlier, we meet and..

"Gyaaah! I sound so defensive. Omo! What shall I do??"

Sae Rin: Hi, I am Kim Sae Rin. I met Kwon Jiyong earlier and he handed me this number. Are you perhaps Kwon Jiyong?

"Hmm..this one seems okay. But..what if he is not Jiyong? Is it better to just ask for his name rather that assuming?

Sae Rin: Hi, I am Kim Sae Rin. I met Kwon Jiyong earlier and he handed me this number. Can you tell me who is this?

"This is it! I will send this one.. hmmnn.. aniyaaaa.. should I just disregard the number?" I deleted the message and settled not yo text anymore. 

Sae Rin: How great must it be if you are really Kwon Jiyong. :(

"OMO!" I was typing none sense when I lost grip of my phone and it fell outside the bed. The moment I picked up the phone a loud shriek awoke our neighborhood.

All I can see is a check mark below my message.

After a few minutes I saw the status changed to SEEN.