Their Little Adventure

Lost to Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong had left his guitar in the shop when he decided to haul Ae Ri out for a little adventure. I knew he’ll be back for it, so I waited for him. Waited until the last of the customers left and I closed the shop. Waited until Yuri decided that she shouldn’t stay and tease me any longer. Waited until it was midnight and the rare people outside were finding it odd how the closed curtains of the café still shined in a dim orange hue from inside.

            I didn’t lock the door, because I knew that by instinct, he would’ve automatically opened it. And he did. Jaejoong entered the shop with a surprise on his face and a small smile that wasn’t letting his lips spread to show his true ecstatic expression.

            “Hey,” he breathlessly said as I stood up straighter from leaning on one of the tables. “You shouldn’t be leaving the door unlocked like that. What if there was a robber?”

            “And I can say the same to you for being this late out at night,” I replied.

            He bit his lip, too happy and unable to contain it all. He wanted to spill everything to me. And I didn’t know if I wanted to be a good friend and listen or be a jealous wench and continue to face him with my stern expression. I sighed, picking the former. The curiosity of a jealous woman inside of me had made the decision.

            “Here,” I picked up his guitar and handed it to him. “Your guitar.”

            “Thanks,” he said and set it on top of a table. He grabbed a chair and twisted it around, sitting in a position where he can set his folded arms on the top rail. “I had the best time today.”

            I placed my hands on the table behind me and hauled myself up to sit on top of it. “I see,” I said.

            Jaejoong his lips. “So I took Ae Ri out today, sorry about that. I hope it wasn’t busy or anything in the shop.” I rolled my eyes and kicked his knee lightly for him to go on. “Well anyway, I took her to that church. Do you remember that trashy church downtown we passed by last time?” I nodded. “So yeah, I took her to that. And let me tell you, I was so scared at first because it seemed like a sentimental place for Ae Ri. But I risked taking her there anyway, because,” he blushed. “I wanted to know more about her.”

            “Did you?” I said. “Did you learn more about her?”

            “Yeah,” he shyly rubbed the back of his neck. “I did. I learned that Tae Hyun and Ae Ri were supposed to get married in that church one day. They both met in that crappy area where she used to live when Tae Hyun was still a newbie at his job. Apparently, he got lost when he was in the middle of finding his target and bumped into Ae Ri,” Jaejoong chuckled dryly. “He was immediately smitten by her, and then before you know it, the supposed burglar was closer to him than he thought. He didn’t want her to experience any danger and dragged her away. They approached the abandoned church and she hid there while he did his arrest. It was a stupid story,” Jaejoong said, but there was a tiny smile cre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter