Call it a balance in the unbalance

Pregnant with my boss' baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    When Tao woke up in the morning he was surprised to see that there was already a maid in his room awaiting his orders. He found that a little creepy because he didn’t like being observed. He got himself out of bed, and then informed the maid that he would be having breakfast with Kai. At least, that was what he was hoping for. She informed him that Kai was already downstairs and that Tao could join him anytime he wanted. Tao felt really weird with this new situation because he loved his independence and he had a suspicion that at least until the baby was born he would be monitored more than rat in a lab. 

He joined Kai at the table and he ordered some cereals. That was the only thing that didn’t make him nauseous early in the morning and he really didn’t want to upset his stomach given that they would most probably visit Kai’s parents today. Tao needed to look his best to make a good impression and throwing up in front of Kai’s parents would for sure not achieve him that. 

He had tried to ask Kai to tell him a little bit more about his parents in order to better understand how to get along with them but Kai was a man of few words and Tao was getting really frustrated. He hoped the baby wouldn’t inherit some of Kai’s grumpiness because that was really no joke. He was realizing just know how opposite they were in personalities. While Tao had always been sunny, playful, cheerful, sociable, fun-loving it was soon becoming clear to him that Kai was very serious, rigid, strict, introvert. Tao was determined to change that for good. Kai was too good-looking to look so upset all the time. 

Tao was sincerely worried about meeting Kai’s parents but he found out soon enough that he had nothing to worry about. They were both really nice and sweet. He supposed that was because they hadn’t dropped the bomb yet.
“Mom, dad, we have to tell you something. Tao and I have been dating for a few months now. Recently we discovered that Tao is pregnant and we wanted to share the good news with you.”

Tao was amazed about how good Kai was at telling lies to his parents. There was complete silence for about a minunte before an almost unhuman squeal broke it. Tao knew already who it belonged to. It seemed that Kai’s mother was more than happy about what Kai had just told them.

“Oh my God! I can’t believe my baby finally is finally growing up! I am so happy for you! A grandchild is the best gift you could’ve given me! This is just fabulous! Wait until Minseok finds out about this! You’ll never hear the end of it! Now that the baby is on the way the only thing left for you is to get married!”

“What?!” They both screamed at the same time.

“I am sure Mrs. Kim that won’t be necessary. We are content the way we are now. Plus there is no guarantee about what the future will bring us. Marriage is a very important step in one’s life and I think we shouldn’t hurry. We have plenty of time to get married at a future date if we decide we want to do that.”

“Nonsense child! No grandchild of mine will be born out of wedlock!”

“Mom, this is the 21st century! Nobody does these things anymore!”

“I don’t give a penny about what you think Kim Kai! I raised you to take responsibility for your actions and the time has come for you to do just that!”
“Dad tell mom this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter