The devil wears Prada

Pregnant with my boss' baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    

 

     Tao had always considered himself a simple guy. An open book for everyone to read. He was still wondering, even now, while located on the 20th floor of Kim International, why they had selected him to be the personal assistant of a fashion mogul like Kim Kai. Sure, he had a definitely unhealthy obsession with everything fashion-related, but that didn’t mean he was more qualified for the position than others.

When his best friend and partner in crime, Sehun, had called him one day to tell him that the Kim International was looking to hire a new personal assistant for the CEO, he couldn’t believe his ears. It had always been his dream to work for a large fashion company but he couldn’t believe that an opportunity had arisen so soon. Still, he was not going to let this slip through his hands so what he did was tell Sehun, who worked for the HR office inside the company, to make sure his name would end up on the list of potential candidates. He knew what he was asking Sehun to do was not entirely legal or moral but he couldn’t care less. This was his chance of getting his dream job and he was not going to let it go to waste. 

Surprisingly for him and also for Sehun, he had passed the initial round of selection and was waiting to be informed when to attend the potential hiring interview. It was well-known inside the company that Kim Kai personally ran this interviews because he was a complete perfectionist and the idea of hiring somebody even remotely below his expectations was out of the question. Tao was a bit worried about this, not that’s actually a lie, he was worried as hell because, unlike perfect Kim Kai, he was a complete mess, both in his professional and private life. He had been dumped numerous times because he got disctracted easily and ended up neglecting his partner without wanting too. Tao was aware that his chances of getting the assistant position were pretty low but he needed to try.

When they called him for the interview, Tao was really nervous. He met with Sehun before in the hopes that he would manage to calm a little bit and gain more confidence. His friend was not really helpful at all, however.

“I don’t know how to say this Tao but do you remember the movie The devil wears Prada?”

“Yes, of course Sehun. That’s probably one of my favorite movies. The clothes in it were just fabulous.”

“That’s not what I meant Tao. What you need to know and may potentially save your life when you meet the one and only Kim Kai, is that he is practically the male version of Miranda Pristley. He is not only fierce but also ruthless. If he senses even a little bit of weakness in you, he will refuse you on the spot. All the employees fear him. Even the managers of the company walk on their tiptoes around him because he basically fires people everyday. A small mistake is enough for him to get rid of you with no remorse. I am not sure I want this for you because, although you have your mind in the clouds 99% of the time, you are a good guy and a caring person. He usually surrounds himself with persons like him and I am afraid he might hurt you.”

“Listen to me Sehun. This is the opportunity I have waited all my life. Why do you think I went to all those preparatory courses and got so many part-time jobs. I will be damned if I let fear ruin this for me. Kim Kai will just have to bear with me cause I am not going anywhere.”

Having already made up his mind, Tao walked together with Sehun to the company and waited for his turn to be called. Once he got into Kai’s office, he started trembling a bit because of the emotions coursing through his body. Two things hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter