Confessions of a shopaholic

Pregnant with my boss' baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Once Kai got to Tao's apartment he started knocking heavily on the door. Tao had no clue who would want to see him at this rather late hour but he assumed it was probably his friend Sehun. Sometimes he had the bad habit of forgetting his keys at work and being too lazy to go back for them, he would end up bothering Tao by taking his couch or even worse his bed. Tao really hoped it wasn't Sehun this time because he had just seen him at dinner and that had been more than enough. When he opened the door, he got the shock of his life. Right in front of him stood his perfect boss, Kim Kai. Tao let Kai enter his apartment even though he felt really nervous having him there. When Tao finally had the courage to hold Kai's gaze for more than 2 seconds he was surprised to see that Kai seemed to be really angry about something. Tao was afraid he might have screwed up at work and that Kai had come to tell him he was fired or something.

What Kai told him, however, was worse than that.

"When were you planning to tell me, Tao? Kai's words helf a hint of mockery and Tao had no idea why he was acting this way.

"Tell you about what, Kai? I am not sure what you're talking about."

"Stop playing the fool Tao! I am talking about the baby you are carrying! I can't believe you were so shameless as to hide something so important from me! What were you thinking?! That I was never going to find out about it?"

"I am really sorry Kai but I was convinced that you wouldn't want the baby so I didn't see any reason to tell you about this."

"That's what you think about me? That I am some cold, heartless monster that wouldn't care not even for his own blood and flesh?"

"No Kai! It's not like that! I was just concerned that if I told you about the baby you would think I am trying to get money from you or that I want to deceive you."

"Now I know the truth Tao and I want to take responsibility for you and the baby."

"I must confess I am really confused. What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that from now on you will be living in my house so that you will have the proper care and attention that you need during your pregnancy. The child you are carrying will be the future heir of the Kim family so he or she will need to be taken care of accordingly. I can't have my child live into a tiny apartment and getting fed who knows what. He or she will be given the upbringing and the education only an heir is entitled to receive."

Tao was speechless but he could also feel himself getting angrier by the second. How dare Kai think he wouldn't give only the best to his baby! He would have either way made the impossible in order for his child to receive the best education and life he could have given him. He felt extremely hurt by what Kai was telling him because he was starting to think that Kai was just the typical rich man, only caring about himself and his name. He wasn't entirely sure he wanted his baby to live with that kind of pressure all his life. Always having to live up to the standards of his family. He wanted his child to be happy, no matter what and Kai was not going to stop him.

"Listen here, Kai. I couldn't care less about what you think about me but don't drag my baby into this. He or she deserves to be happy and not to have to live everyday thinking they are not good enough for you or your snobbish famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter