Guardian--MyungYeol

50 Infinite FanFiction Challenge!

 So...I am quite confused with myself. I don't know what I was planning to convey and this chapter is quite weird. I highly recommend you not to read it unless you would like to encounter some random thoughts of mine.

I just don't know why I always have this awkward feeling with MyungYeol and it doesn't really help in my writing. /Sigh/ MyungYeol shippers don't hate me here. I will try to edit this when I have time :) (When I have time!)

You have been warned :P But if you still want to read it...Well I can't guarantee your life. You might be drowning in a pool of randomness moments later.

Just joking. Hopefully you won't. XD

 

  7:55am.

  Pushing his falling glasses back onto his nose bridge, Sung Yeol was using his fastest speed to run. He checked his watch as he made his legs to dart quicker, not allowing them to rest.

  Come on! He thought. I don’t want to be late!

  A bead of sweat tickled down the side of his face, and kept on falling till it reached the nook of his neck. Another bead followed by, titillating his skin. But he did not have time to think about wiping them away—he was way too concerned on his lateness.

  7:58am.

  Run! Run! Run!

  His mind shot up dolphin-like screams as he stumbled across the plain. Almost there! The gate! The gate!

  The school gateway arched its way in an elegant circle, pulling up the movable gate with it. Panting and puffing, Sung Yeol finally reached the barrier, and while supporting his arm on the floor, he scrambled to slip through the tiny opening of the gate which was about to close. As if by magic, he managed to have skidded past the metallic impedance without any accidents. This was new to Sung Yeol.

  BANG!

  He wasn’t paying attention on the road. That made him didn’t pay attention to the fact that he had just bumped into a person. Typical Sung Yeol.

  ‘Ouch!’ Sung Yeol rubbed his forehead and scrunched his eyebrows together as the pain did not subside. ‘How could your chest be so hard—Woah.’

  Sung Yeol went dumbfounded. The person in front of him was so handsome.

  Almost like an angel from heaven, Sung Yeol thought. Such perfection.

  The piercing sunray did not seem to affect the person at all; his skin imbuing in a beautiful shade of off-white tinge, cogitating more of the person’s features. His eyes, oh his eyes, were sparkling in a pool of coffee brown, and every time he blinked, Sung Yeol could make out a miniature figure of him sitting inside those burnished pupils.

  ‘What’s on my face? Why are you glaring at me like that?’ The stranger pointed out.

  Sung Yeol coughed awkwardly; he didn’t realize that he had been staring at the man. Stammering, he said. ‘No, nothing. I was just— ‘

  ‘Are you all right?’ The man cut off his words. ‘I am L, by the way. What is your name?’

  ‘I—I—my name is...’ Lee Sung Yeol! Get yourself together, you retard! He is just a random handsome stranger and there’s nothing special about it! His mind screamed. Not JUST handsome. He is also...gorgeous. His heart shouted back. Yes, his heart is yelling an answer to his brain that was equivalent to the first answer. Weird, right? But this was what Sung Yeol made up of. Or how could you explain why he would cry at a random relative’s wedding? This was definitely because his heart was urging him to do so.

  Sometimes Sung Yeol followed his heart than his brain. That’s why his irrational actions confused many people at times.

  ‘What’s your name?’ L asked again, yet Sung Yeol sensed no signs of impatience in his voice. Gorgeous, Sung Yeol thought. And patient. How can someone be that perfect?

  ‘I am not perfect, sir, no one is,’ L’s sudden words brought Sung Yeol back to reality and made him shot up his eyes in cautious. Did he...did he just read my mind?

  ‘No, I didn’t read your mind,’ he smiled. ‘Basically everyone thinks like that whenever they meet me,’ he showed one of his canine-toothed smiles that glistered under the sunlight and made Sung Yeol jealous immediately.

  ‘So...what’s your name?’ L asked again.

  ‘My name is— ‘ Sung Yeol glanced at his watch and was suddenly aware of the time. It’s now 8:03 and he had two more minutes to get back to the classroom.

  ‘I—Tell you later!’ Sung Yeol picked up his speed again, leaving the question howling in the wind.

  ‘Weird,’ L shook his head and brushed off some dusts off his black suit before turning his head away.

---

  Sung Yeol ruffled his fingers through the pages of his books and sighed deeply. Class had just finished and he was studying in the library. Afternoon sunray shone through the windows and bounced on Sung Yeol’s desk in a vivid hue, but Sung Yeol was not in the mood of admiring the beautiful particles. Turning his pen in his fingers wearily, Sung Yeol stared at the question page before sighing for the millionth time of the day. He didn’t understand a single thing that the teacher had taught just now.

  The teacher had been in a bad mood. He made the ones who had forgotten to bring their homework detention, and luckily, Sung Yeol had brought his project. He exhaled in relief when he saw almost half of the class went to detention. He had always been the unlucky one, yet luck was on his side today. It was a brand new experience for him.

  ‘Is the seat taken?’ A voice snapped Sung Yeol back to reality. He looked up, and was startled to see a familiar face—the stranger he bumped into this morning.

  ‘Uh, no, it is not taken. Please sit—‘ –what was his name again?—‘um, L-ssi.’

  ‘Glad that you remembered my name,’ L smiled and flopped himself onto the chair in front of him with a book in his hand. ‘So,’ he began. ‘What is your name?’

  ‘You followed me all the way for my name?’ Sung Yeol widen his eyes. ‘This is...creepy.’

  ‘I did not,’ L denied. ‘I just came here for a book. But then I saw you here and I remembered this morning’s encounter and a promise.’

  ‘I did not promise—oh wait. I did.’ Sung Yeol chanted. ‘All right, I will tell you. I am Lee Sung Yeol.’

  ‘Nice to meet you, Sung Yeol ssi.’ L looked around. ‘Do you come here often?’

  ‘Um, yes. After classes.’ Sung Yeol replied. ‘What about you?’

  ‘I have said I came here to find a book,’ L waved the book. ‘This is—‘

  ‘What? Oh my gosh, I have been finding this book for ages!’ Sung Yeol exclaimed. ‘How did you find it?’

  ‘...It was on the bookshelf, Sung Yeol ssi.’

  ‘Really? But how come I have never come across it?’

  ‘It was just sitting on the shelf.’

  ‘Can I...can I have it?’ Sung Yeol asked carefully. ‘This book is important to my project.’

  L stared at him for a brief moment. ‘Okay,’ was his only answer and handed it to Sung Yeol.

  ‘That’s it?’ Sung Yeol’s mouth hung in mid-air. ‘You are not going to borrow it and lend it to me just like that?’

  ‘You said it was important.’

  ‘But still. You don’t know me at all—maybe just my name—and you still give the book to me? I may be an ax-murderer!’

  ‘Yeah, you could be one.’ L nodded. ‘But from your immature actions I know that you aren’t.’

  ‘Hey!’ Sung Yeol protested.

  L ignored him and continued, ‘And also, this book is a property of the library. I don’t care if you are a murderer as this book is not technically mine. I just took it off the bookshelf. That’s it.’ He furrowed his eyebrows. ‘Do you want it or not?’

  ‘Yes! Of course!’ Sung Yeol almost snatched it from L’s hand. ‘Thanks so much, man!’

  ‘No thanks,’ L muttered as he watched Sung Yeol half-skipping to the counter to borrow the book. ‘Still weird,’ he decided.

---

  Sung Yeol fixed his eyes forward. Out of all people, why did he has to—

  ‘What? Not willing to see me?’ L’s sarcastic laugh startled Sung Yeol much--he was never a person who liked to joke.

  ‘No...I mean, it is really a surprise. What are you doing here?’ Sung Yeol stammered.

  ‘I am your tutor,’ explained L patiently.

  ‘My...my tutor?’

  ‘Yes. Your tutor. Don’t you understand?’

  ‘...No.’ L rolled his eyes at Sung Yeol’s answer.

  ‘That means I am your English tutor! What’s so hard to understand?’

  ‘Is your English good?’

  ‘...yeah?’

  ‘All right then,’ Sung Yeol smiled and took the seat.

  ‘Huh?’ L was suddenly confused by Sung Yeol’s 360 degrees change of attitude.

  ‘It’s all right if your English is good. I don’t really mind you being my tutor, L-ssi.’

  ‘...You are weird.’ L murmured, shaking his head.

  ‘I know! This is my specialty!’ Sung Yeol exclaimed.

  ‘...’

---

Lee Sung Yeol—first in English Exam.

---

  ‘You know what?’

  ‘Hmm?’ L slurped his chocolate mocha as he looked at Sung Yeol in curiosity.

  ‘You are like my guardian angel.’

  ‘What?’ L chocked on his own spit. ‘What are you talking about? I...I am not gay.’

  ‘I know you are not gay,’ Sung Yeol rolled his eyes. ‘But, you know, every time when I am with you, all the good luck seemed to come to me.’

  ‘So...is this a confession or what?’ L hadn’t comprehend Sung Yeol’s words yet.

  ‘Seriously? No! I mean, you are a very good friend. And fortune seemed to go to me whenever I am with you!’

  They sat in silence. Red was creeping onto Sung Yeol’s face. I didn’t make him think otherwise, did I?

  ‘...You are weird,’ L answered, eventually.

  ‘This is my specialty,’ Sung Yeol answered confidently.