Don't Read FanFiction in Class--HoWoo

50 Infinite FanFiction Challenge!

Howon is the best student in class; Woohyun is not. Howon is good at every single sports activity you can think of; Woohyun is not. Howon has many suiters; Woohyun does not. In one sentence-- Howon and woohyun are completely different. Howon is Zeus while Woo Hyun is a puny little mortal that no one would ever notice. As simple as that.
  Till one day, Zeus decides to take notice of that mortal. And this marks the beginning of their story…

 

  'Nam woo hyun? Answer my question please.' the teacher's voice bombarded into Woohyun's brain, wakening him from his fantasy. He groaned slightly and rubbed his forehead tiredly, unaware of the teacher's scolding. 'I said,' the teacher angrily shouted,

'Answer my question! Stop dreaming!' 
  'Uh? What?'
  'What what? All right, Mr. Nam, tell me what were you doing just now.'
  'I...I was ...'
  'Where's your phone?'
  'I...it is...'
  'Don’t play your phone under your drawer please. Hand it out now.'
  Woo hyun sighed in defeat as he wailed forward to hand in his phone. 'Never play with your phone in class, all right?' The teacher sent him the last warning and motioned him to go back to his seat. 'Now take our your test book and turn it to page 112. Can anyone answer me question 13? Yes, thank you.’

  ‘Hey, man. What did you do to piss the teacher off?’ Smiling obnoxiously, Howon flopped down onto the seat in front of Woo Hyun, his face wreathed in between the line of sarcasm and amusement. It was recess time now; a bunch of classmates had swarmed out of the classroom right after the class, leaving only a few boys in the classroom and Woo Hyun sulking on his desk while mourning for his phone.

  ‘Don’t even start it,’ Woo Hyun mumbled as he sank his head lower into the crook of his arms. Howon smiled against his reactions. ‘What were you actually doing on your phone?’ He pushed the older’s arm playfully. ‘C’mon. Tell me.’

   Woo Hyun sometimes just don’t understand why he had befriended with Howon. They are completely different. Like a coin with two sides. Woo Hyun himself is introvert and in-going, almost all of his friends are the ones he made on the internet. He is not good academically. Neither in sports. His only strength (his one and only) is his look. He can quite win some girls with his heart-throwings and stuff, but only a few. Howon, on the other hand, is like Zeus. Good at basically everything. He has the look, the wealth, and the personality. He is easy-going and funny, yet serious at suitable times. He is good at his studies and athletics. He wins way more girls than Woo Hyun, obviously, with his talents and everything. Woo Hyun feels so much more insignificant standing next to Howon.

  ‘Woo Hyun?’ Howon’s voice snapped him back to reality. ‘What were you doing on your phone?’

  ‘Reading fanfiction…’ Woo Hyun answered.

  ‘Seriously? Fanfiction?’ Howon clattered into a fit of chortle.

  ‘Don’t laugh at me…’ Woo Hyun mumbled sheepishly. ‘This is not a weird hobby, I tell you. There are a lot of fangirls reading these stuff out there. They even write them. I am not that obsessed already. Aishi. Just stop laughing, would you?’

  ‘All right, all right,’ Howon’s laughter died down. ‘What were you reading about?’

  ‘Well, this is strange,’ Woo Hyun’s embarrassed face turned into a serious one. ‘I was…I was reading a fan fiction about…’

  ‘Huh?’

  ‘It is about me and you. Howon and Nam Woo Hyun.’

  ‘Stop joking around!’ Howon’s smirk vanished once he saw Woo Hyun’s   sincere silhouette. ‘What—You don’t mean it, do you?’

  ‘I am afraid this is true.’

  ‘So that means—There’s a character called Howon and another one called Woo Hyun? Same name?’ Howon stared at Woo Hyun, dumbfounded. Apparently he could not process the information he just heard.

  ‘Yup. Amazing, isn’t it?’

  ‘Then what is the story plot like?’ Howon got the sudden curiosity swelling at the back of his throat.

  ‘Well, there’s this guy called Howon (--which received a chuckle from Howon and an ‘of course it does’) and he is so awesome and he is just so like the Lord of the Universe. And this Woo Hyun is a good friend of his and…’

  ‘This is just like us!’ Howon exclaimed before eyeing Woo Hyun suspiciously. ‘You did not make this up, did you?’

  Woo Hyun shook his head. ‘No! Of course I did not. I can give you the story link if you want. I swear!’

  ‘I would really want to take a look of it, you know?’ Howon grinned. ‘Talk to you later, bro. It’s time for class.’

  ‘Sure! See you later,’ WooHyun waved…

 

  ‘What were you doing, Nam Woo Hyun? Stand up and answer my question!’

   The teacher’s voice invaded Woo Hyun’s brain, making the latter jump up in surprise. ‘Uh, teacher, I was just…’

  ‘Where’s your phone?’

  ‘It…I…’

  ‘Were you playing with it?’

  ‘I…’ Woo Hyun stammered. ‘I...I did not…’

  ‘Apparently you are! What were you doing on it?’

  ‘I…’ After a moment of struggle, Woo Hyun gave in finally. ‘I was reading a fanfiction.’

  ‘Don’t read fanfiction in class, mister.’ The teacher walked forward and snatched the phone away from him. ‘Stay focus, Nam Woo Hyun. You may never know when you are in fantasy, or when in the reality.’

 

 

  Hello! So this is the new chapter :) AND THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING. I know, I know. Calm down.

  Has anyone seen the movie Inception? It has the concept of 'Dream within a Dream'. And it has that effect to mess people up with reality and dreams. So here I try to imply the idea of 'FanFiction within a FanFiction'. The first part is a fanfiction that the 1st-WooHyun was reading in class, which is a story about Woo Hyun and Howon themselves. But then the second part tells us that the 2nd-WooHyun is actually reading a fanfiction about the 1st-WooHyun reading a fanfiction in class that's about him and Howon. And this is when the reality and the fantasy world interlace.

  Now here we are, reading a fanfiction about 1st and 2nd WooHyun reading fanfiction in class. Or maybe you are reading a fanfiction in class. Who knows? Maybe you will be the next character of a fanfiction :P

  Subscribe and comment~