Sherlock--WooGyu

50 Infinite FanFiction Challenge!

WooGyu Sherlock

I won’t miss even a single trembling breath of yours

The jewel of the heart that I’ve secretly been aiming for

-Shinee, Sherlock

 

  A beam of moonlight seeped through the windows and bounced for a few times on the pane before settling on the floor, deflecting the intended silhouette that was leaning against the wall. The shadow on the bricks shifted position abruptly, thus pulling the glow closer to his embrace. The only noise that could be intercepted in all the silence is the inhaling and exhaling of gasps, with different levels of smoke from a cigarette. Circles and circles of vapor lilted around the person and painted a mysterious bubble surrounding him. Between gaps of breathing, sighs after sighs could be heard, as if the person was trying to clean his lungs every time after the inhalation of tobacco.

  'What are you doing, Nam Woo Hyun?’ A jumble of footfalls could be heard from far to near, a husky chord that Woo Hyun did not fail to notice. The cacophony screeched a stop in front of him, tripping the part of numbness in Woo Hyun's blood. The man in front of him was saying something, but Woo Hyun kept his head low so he could ignore those molding of lips and the augmented squeal coming from his throat. He left his mental self mapping the course from his shiny black shoes to the legs of his skinny trousers, up to the initially perfectly folded shirt that became messy because of the long-hour exercise. 'I will imitate that part next time as well,' thought Woo Hyun.

  'Are you listening to me?' Woo Hyun snapped his head up to reality and saw Sung Gyu looking at him with the mixture of concern and anger written on his face. 'Um. Yes.' Woo Hyun cleared his throat. 'Then why smoke? We have to go on Weekly Idol tomorrow. And we have some intensive dance practice. Do you want to die?' Sung Gyu dumped a bucket of questions towards Woo Hyun, but no response was given from the younger one. Sung Gyu followed his gaze and found Woo Hyun's eyes wandering around his face and his shirt. Sung Gyu blushed a little at the intensity of the stare and he was glad that the darkness of the night sky covered his red face.

  'What's on my face? Why are you glaring at me?' Sung Gyu crossed his arms and demanded, hoping to cover his embarrassment. 'Huh?' Woo Hyun's iris eventually focused. 'I wasn't staring...'

  'Yes, you were.' Sunggyu insisted.

  'I wasn't! Really...' The ‘really’ at the end of the sentence seemed to be weakened but Sung Gyu did not notice.

  ‘All right, all right. I don’t really care. Just give me the cigarette and get back inside,’ Sung Gyu grew impatient as the younger boy handed him the contraband. ‘Why do you have to smoke, anyway?’

  ‘…you were smoking yesterday as well,’ Woo Hyun’s voice grew weaker but the passion in his eyes were unmistakable for anyone to see.

  'I have said before. Don't follow my actions. Those are bad examples, okay? And you don't actually have to observe every single movement of me. That kind of freaked me out.’

  ‘Sherlock Holmes has once said, the world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear.’ Woo Hyun leaned closer to Sung Gyu until they were standing face to face. ‘The only way to know a person is to observe the little details of their habits. You know my effort. My life is founded upon those little observations of both flawless and flawed trifles. Those jots and scraps of retrospections that are piling on you.’

   ‘You are not Sherlock.’ Sung Gyu let out an uncomfortable laugh as he pulled a distance between himself and Woo Hyun. ‘You are only Nam Woo Hyun.’

   ‘This Nam Woo Hyun is capable of doing much more things than people have noticed.’ Woo Hyun did not waver and stepped forward again, shortening their gap. ‘Especially to his loved ones.’

  ‘This is not a good way of expressing love, you know, by stalking and following one’s actions.’ Sung Gyu tried to talk Woo Hyun out of his business, but the more he spoke, the more he perceived the sparkle in his eyes that screamed of absurdity.

  ‘At least I got your attention, didn’t I?’ Woo Hyun stretched out a lazy side-way smile that only creeped Sung Gyu even more.

  ‘You are mad, Nam Woo Hyun.’ Sung Gyu shook his head and lowered his gaze; he was suddenly afraid to face the person in front of him – that face whom he had loved and cherished before.

  ‘I am.’ Woo Hyun did not deny. ‘And don’t worry, Gyu hyung, I won't miss even a single trembling breath of yours. You can never walk out of my shadow. And remember, your little ornamental heart will soon be mine.’ He patted Sung Gyu’s chest affectionately before leaving the room, which only made the latter flinch in abhor.

  The night was not cold at all, but the series of encounter left Sung Gyu shivering in the dark.

  Where has that immature and childish Woo Hyun gone?

  When did he become this frenetic?

  Sung Gyu never know.

-----

  Obsessive love--a hypothecial state in which one person feels an overwhelming obsessive desire to possess another person toward whom they feel a strong attraction, with an inability to accept failure or rejection.

-----

15th June 2019

Kim Sung Gyu died in a car accident.

Nam Woo Hyun attempted suicide.

-----

  Woo Hyun is not Sherlock. He is just Woo Hyun. Plain Nam Woo Hyun.

  Sherlock Holmes is only a fictional character who never dies. Woo Hyun is just a human.

  Sherlock Holmes accept failure and picked himself up after every defeat.

  Nam Woo Hyun could not.

  With the disappearence of his mental support, the pillar in his heart snapped in two as well.

  He died on the same day.