13. "Sorry I'm late."

100 Ways To Say I Love You

if anyone knew sunggyu, they knew he was horrible at keeping track of time. it was one of those day’s where he found himself rushing, his alarm clock broken. he had forgotten how he threw the thing at the door the morning before and broke it and therefore he forgot to purchase a new one. he was stuck twenty minutes late and as he showered and brushed his teeth at the same time he cursed himself for his poor life choices. today was a very important day for sunggyu and he can’t just -- be late!

 

after his shower he dressed and ate and somehow managed to do his air all in ten minutes and he noticed the time looming over him from the clock on the microwave and his heart began to beat faster. he checked to make sure he had his keys and wallet and his phone ( because last time he totally forgot it ) before rushing out of the door and making his way to his car.

 

of course, traffic was a that morning.

 

“come the on!” he growled,  fingers digging into the steering wheel as yet another red light hit his path. he honked his horn as it turned green and the man before him continued to stay still and he found himself screaming.

 

it didn’t help that kim sunggyu had the worst temper in the morning ( or afternoon, and evening and really always ).

 

finally the car moved and sunggyu floored it, trying his best to ignoring the clock on the dash, which almost seemed to be mocking him. he was supposed to be there ten minutes ago! and he would have made it too if it wasn’t for this damn traffic.


 

or if he remembered to buy a new alarm clock.

 

when sunggyu did arrive he stumbled out of his car and locked the doors before rushing into the cafe, he took a moment to catch his breath before looking around. he smiled, relieved, when he saw his boyfriend sitting in their usual seats in the back, sipping at his drink and he almost cried at seeing the drink across from him, obviously for sunggyu. shuffling over, he sent the other an apologetic smile as he glanced up, and the other blantly laughed.

 

“sorry i’m late.”

 

“i’m not surprised.”

 

sunggyu puffed out his cheeks as he sat down and grabbed his drink, “what’s that supposed to mean?” he mumbled, sipping his iced coffee with a happy sigh. oh bliss, sweet relief. caffeine work your magic!

 

“you’re almost always late.” woohyun pointed out, sipping his own drink with an amused smile, his eyes gleaming with mirth. “actually, you’re earlier than i thought you’d be.”

 

“hey!”

 

another laugh and sunggyu pursed his lips in a pout before sipping at his coffee again. woohyun reached out and took his hand, before squeezing it softly.

 

“i’m glad you're here though, i missed you.”

 

sunggyu blinked a few times, before turning his hand so he could fit his fingers between woohyun’s, his own smile blossoming.


“i missed you too.”


some of these are au some of these are idol verse, i'll be updating a lot today to try and rid myself of this writers block! and then i'll finish that one vampgyu aye