008

wedding planner

a/n: I know a lot of you are wondering who the mysterious fiancé was so…… let’s all find out with this update ^^

 

---

 

It was a three days before the sunset wedding and both Jonghyun and Christine were in the island for preparations. Aside from prepping the cliff and traditional house for the wedding ceremonies, they need to arrange accommodations for the invited guests, maxing out two hotels since apparently, Eunsook and her fiancé were rich in friends (or more of Sunggyu and Woohyun’s friends but they knew the couple so why not?).

 

Jonghyun was feeling at lost while he checked the guests lists, not really sure why Christine was hogging the other guest list with the VVIP tags. He shrugged and called the front office to confirm the reservations and was delighted that all is doing well. The guests will arrive in a day  before the wedding and a dinner rehearsal will be arranged but the catch, Mr. fiancé will arrive on the day of the wedding; talk about loaded businessman who can’t even spare a week off foe his own wedding.

 

Putting all worries aside, he walked to the hotel lobby to check with the manager for the arrangements. He was pleased with the time table and then walked out to the cliff where the ceremony was to be held. He inspected the workers hard at work prepping the area and he smiled as this wedding will surely one for the history books, or his portfolio at the very least.

 

Ryeowook walked up to him to confirm the menu for the rehearsal dinner and he diligently checked the menu and pointed to the ones he was hoping the Kim’s would love. Ryeowook noted and then walked back to the kitchen to meet with the executive chef for their plan of action. It was all going to be smooth sailing for his bride, but not for his heart.

 

He took a deep breath and looked at the setting sun, he was surely going to miss every detail of this wedding.

 

Eunsook and the rest of the guests arrived at Jeju island on schedule and Jonghyun’s team welcomed them and took care of them as per protocol. Eunsook and herbridal entourage were led to their rooms, given the royal treatment including a day at the spa for their pampering. Eunsook’s parents were all happy as they shook hands with the wedding planner, towing along a stroller where their grandson Woozi was sleeping, with Myungsook pushing the trolley while beaming a smile towards him. Jonghyun adored the little prince and Woozi has eyes like his father and beauty like his mother. Myungsook shook his hand as well and told him that he was doing a good job.

 

 Once everyone was settled, Jonghyun busied himself for the rehearsal dinner, coordinating a massive amount of people who were on their toes because VVIP’s were present and they don’t want paparazzi ruining everything. As the dinner went on to full swing, Jonghyun retreated and went to check on the venues for the wedding next day.

 

He did a spot check and everything seemed to be in order, with Sungmin arriving and prepping the grounds for the flowers to be installed the next day. Jonghyun checked out the bouquets and grinned when he saw how perfect the yellow roses were. Sungmin was glad that he liked the flowers and soon pushed him towards the hotel and told him to rest.

 

“Hey you silly, why didn’t you get your suit?” Gwiboon asked as she met the wedding planner by the hall.

 

“Oh, I forgot about it.” Jonghyun uttered, actually doing it on purpose because seriously, why would he wear a designer suit when he wasn’t the groom?

 

“Well, since I am very much kind today, I had it brought here. I’ll give it to you tomorrow so better make sure that you will wear it.” Gwiboon narrowed her eyes and Jonghyun nodded and then waved goodbye.

 

 

---

 

The sun rose at Jeju Island and Jonghyun was a nervous sappy wreck because this is the last day that he could see her with intentions. He sighed as he took a shower and donned his casual polo and blazer before grabbing his bag and driving to the traditional house to check the preparations. Everything is in order and he smiled as he watched Sungmin add the finishing touches.

 

Christine noticed her boss so she walked up to him and then tapped his shoulder.

 

“Seems everything is in order.” Jonghyun uttered and Christine nodded.

 

“Yes, and the fiancé would like to speak with you. Mr. J. Kim is waiting for you at the groom’s lounge.” She informed him and Jonghyun nodded before leaving. Christine grinned watching her boss walked towards the said lounge.

 

Jonghyun released a nervous sigh as he knocked on the door. No one seemed to answer so he pushed the door opened and entered the lounge to find it empty. There was no sight of the mysterious and elusive Mr. J. Kim and that made Jonghyun scratch the back of his head and his face contorted to that of confusion. He was about to leave the room when he saw his name on the television by the sitting room. He was confused, but then took the remote by the table and pressed the play button.

 

The video played and what he expected as a thank you AVP or something was well beyond his imagination. It was a video of Eunsook as she was growing up, probably taken when she wasn’t aware of it.

 

Hello.” Eunsook uttered as she smiled bashfully. “I know that you must be wondering why my mysterious fiancé isn’t really appearing. Well, honestly, I don’t have one.” Eunsook uttered.

 

Jonghyun gaped at the words, but he couldn’t even keep his eyes off the beautiful girl on the screen.

 

“It’s Gwiboon’s idea actually.” She uttered and a scowl was heard from Gwiboon. “Well, the truth is, I actually like you Jonghyun.” She blushed. “But I couldn’t find in me to confess because I am afraid of the rejection.” She said and then sighed. “So I thought that I could just plan a wedding and hopefully you’ll catch on. But I was completely wrong.” She said sadly. “I thought you’ll stop me or something … anyway, I would like to ask you to marry me?” She asked hesitantly.

 

Jonghyun was unsure of what he was hearing; did he just hear her ask him to marry her?

 

“well you can say no. But if you feel the same way, please meet me at the ceremony.” She waved and then the video stopped.

 

Jonghyun was really confused until he saw the hanbok on a mannequin, a gold and red majestic hanbbok crafted by the finest traditional weavers of the country. He was utterly surprised and just speechless with everything that was happening.

 

“There you are.” He heard his sister with his niece and nephew, all of them dressed in their hanbok.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked and Sodam chuckled just as their parents walked inside the room

 

“To attend our son’s wedding of course.” His father uttered with a smile, looking dashing in his own hanbok.

 

“My wedding?” Jonghyun asked confusedly and everyone laughed.

 

“Yes, your wedding.” His mother uttered as she hugged him.

 

“I am confused.” Jonghyun confessed and Sodam sighed and handed him the invitation (which he seriously did not see because according to Christine, it was all taken care of).

 

He took the black and gold invitation and read it. His eyes widened as his name stand along that of Eunsook. “My wedding?” He asked no one in particular.

 

He looked at his family who had wide smiles and he was brought into tears. Sodam hugged her brother and they all ended up in a family embrace. Then they heard a knock before Christine appeared.

 

“You can reprimand me after your wedding but for now, your bride is waiting.” Christine uttered and Jonghyun nodded as he messily rubbed the tears off of his eyes. “I’ll have some people come over to help you fix your face.” Christine uttered and then left the family.

 

Jonghyun took the hanbok and turned to the bathroom to change. His mother came in a little later to help him with the finishing details before they heard a knock and Jonghyun recognized the people as Sunggyu’s team of stylist. He bowed to them and they were all smiles as they worked magic on him and his family.

 

He stepped into the foyer where he will wait until they were allowed to meet but was surprised to see his bride waiting for him. He was gaping as he looked at a goddess, Eunsook was just the prettiest he’d seen in his lifetime.

 

“I didn’t think you’d come.” Eusnook spoke softly as a blush crept on her face.

 

“I… I … “ Jonghyun was speechless seriously, he couldn’t form any coherent words even if he tried.

 

“You can back out, I am not forcing you.” She added and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

“I will marry you.” He finally said and then smiled at her. “I love you.” He blurted out and Eunsook looked straight into his eyes and smiled happily.

 

“I love you too.” She responded.

 

“We have a wedding to do.” Christine uttered behind them and gestured for Eunsook to wear the final pieces of her traditional wedding dress as Jonghyun enter the hall first.

 

It was a very intimate ceremony with just family and a few family friends and Jonghyun can’t help but cry knowing that he is getting married, and to the girl he loved more than anyone in this world (family doesn’t count).

 

And as the ceremony finished, Jonghyun cupped both of her cheeks and kissed her forehead. “I want our first kiss to be in front of the altar.” He uttered and Eunsook nodded while she smiled wide back at him.

 

They then bowed in front of their parents before everyone was led to the dining hall for a traditional luncheon.

 

“I still can’t believe that I am marrying you.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook beamed a smile.

 

“this actually helped me.” Eunsook took a small notebook and handed it to Jonghyun who had wide eyes seeing the notebook he threw a few years back.

 

“You… planned my dream wedding?” Jonghyun was gaping.

 

“You planned your dream wedding, I just took the initiative to be your dream bride.” She responded and Jonghyun laughed at how fate was cruel and kind at the same time.

 

Christine then handed them a folder and asked them to sign; it was their marriage license. Both of them signed happily and returned it to Christine for filing.

 

“I hope you’ve written your wedding vows.” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun suddenly paled.

 

“You’re evil.” Jonghyun said but laughed as they enjoyed their lunch before their sunset wedding.

 

“But you love me!” She remarked and kissed his cheek.

 

“And you love me too?” He asked and Eunsook nodded happily.

 

-----

 

a/n: Well, the thing is, I don’t have any idea about traditional weddings~  but.. I do have plans for the wedding ceremony ^^

 

so are you guys happy now??? No one’s hunting me down right???