001

wedding planner

Weddings have their own charm and they are unique as the bride and groom. But the task of planning such an event is a big chunk of cake for couples so they do hire a wedding planner to take care of everything and smooth out the wrinkles of the event, to eventually free up some things for the couple to think about.

 

One of the most in demand wedding planners in town is a mere 24 year old bachelor by the name of Kim Jonghyun. He is a genius in weddings and what the couple envisions, he turns them into reality. This is such a case for top star Kim Sunggyu’s wedding to Kim Myungsook. The other half of the duo Infinite V, Kim Sunggyu’s wedding was publicized and thus showcased Jonghyun’s work and brought it to a new level. The wedding became a talk in town, partly because it was Sunggyu but also because of the romance and intimacy of the event.

 

 

And his celebrity clients were now booking for his services, desperately at times.

 

Such was the case why he was now meeting Infinite V’s other half, Nam Woohyun and his fiancé, fashion designer extraordinaire, Gwiboon. Jonghyun was really surprised with how detailed Gwiboon was with her wish list and the way she wanted it. Jonghyun was grinning, he had never experience such a client before, but he liked it because he can be as extravagant and all out, and Gwiboon will still like it.

 

“I hope you are not overwhelmed by this.” Jonghyun told Woohyun who laughed.

 

“I am used to it don’t worry.” Woohyun replied. “I kinda knew how extravagant her wedding vision would be so, I can only think of you to pull it off.” Woohyun said and Jonghyun was truly touched by it.

 

“Wow thank you.” Jonghyun uttered. “So I presume you would be designing your own wedding gown?” Jonghyun asked and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“Of course I would, and all my bridesmaids and maid of honor.”  Gwiboon said.

 

“Great, color scheme?” Jonghyun asked and Gwiboon was all out about this one.

 

“Pink! Definitely pink. But not prom pink. I want the pink to be subtle like blush and a shade that would definitely suit Woohyun.” Gwiboon said and Woohyun just grinned at the wedding planner.

 

“I think I might need some swatches from you.” Jonghyun uttered and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“Of course.” Gwiboon smiled.

 

“I do have a tiny bit of an issue.” Woohyun started. “We have an ongoing tour so I may not be able to join the planning and stuff.” Woohyun said. “I just want one thing though, I want to give Gwiboon her dream wedding.” Woohyun said and Jonghyun smiled at him.

 

“Most definitely. I understand your schedule, Sunggyu-ssi’s schedule was much worse when we planned his wedding.” Jonghyun uttered and Woohyun nodded.

 

“I remember that, he was like a zombie during that period.” Woohyun added.

 

“Well, I’ll see you in two weeks to present my initial plan for your dream wedding.” Jonghyun uttered and the two agreed, shaking hands with the wedding planner before leaving the office.

 

“Christine.” He called out his assistant and the girl appeared with a clip board.

 

“Yes?” she asked.

 

“Block off any wedding for June okay?” Jonghyun uttered and Christine raised a brow. “It’s Nam Woohyun’s wedding, and we can’t afford to haggle another wedding with Gwiboon’s dream wedding.” He uttered as he handed her the wish list.

 

“A replica of her dress for a bridal cake and a 5 tier groom’s cake with swarovski crystals?” Christine asked.

 

“Yes, so better contact your sister to get sketching up for the cake. While we’re at it, schedule a meeting with Ryeowook hyung for the catering.” Jonghyun said and Christine nodded.

 

“Your clientele is getting blingier.” Christine said and Jonghyun chuckled. “If I get married would I get a discount?” Christine asked and Jonghyun glared at him.

 

“Not if you get married before me.” Jonghyun said and Christine pouted.

 

“I’ll probably need to set you up in a blind date soon.” Christine said and left the room

 

Jonghyun sighed at that, what could probably be the worst irony in his life than being a wedding planner for others but cannot even plan his own wedding. He sighed and took out an old planner, a notebook where he jotted out his perfect wedding, from the color scheme to the cake flavour. It brought back bittersweet memories to him because this was what started his career as a wedding planner but ended his chances of being a groom. But should he dwell on the past?

 

 

The next meeting with Gwiboon, Jonghyun was introduced to the maid of honor, Eunsook. She was a timid girl with glasses, hair in braids and her choice of clothes were laid back. “You might havem et her before.” Gwiboon uttered. “She’s Sunggyu’s twin sister.” Gwiboon uttered.

 

“Should I know him?” Eunsook asked and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“He only did your brother’s fabulous wedding.” Gwiboon sashayed and Jonghyun blushed a bit at the compliment.

 

“Oh? Wow, it’s you!” Eunsook’s eyes sparkled in the light.

 

Jonghyun was particularly speechless about it.

 

“So, your plans?” Gwiboon asked after the silence that settled.

 

“Oh yes. So here is the plan that I came up with. Pretty flexible at this point in time but nonetheless, I hope it’s what you’ve envisioned.” Jonghyun said as he handed the clear book to her.

 

Gwiboon took and it and browsed, noting that the color scheme was just about there, neither too prom pink nor a shocking fuchsia. She liked the idea of blinged out monograms of their initials and the rough sketch of the cakes.

 

“I love this, would there be crystals on it?” Gwiboon pointed out on the invitation and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Completely customizable. I know a supplier that would take in what you want and print it out to your specifications.” Jonghyun said and that made Gwiboon smile wide.

 

“I like the flow so far. We need to find a large wedding hall first though.” Gwiboon uttered and Jonghyun handed another clear file.

 

“These are the places with large wedding halls. This is where Sunggyu-ssi held his wedding.” Jonghyun pointed out.

 

“What do you think of a destination wedding? My grandmother is not very fond of travelling that far. Do they have wedding halls in Daegu that could accommodate at least 500 guests?” Gwiboon asked,

 

“Daegu? I will have to check that one out.” Jonghyun noted.

 

“Are you doing the traditional wedding?” Eunsook asked and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“ Yeah, My grandmother would want it. Besides, I already designed my handbook.” Gwiboon uttered.

 

“Oh, we have another wedding then.” Jonghyun noted.

 

“Yeah, about that, we want that to be very intimate, just a few close people.” Gwiboon uttered.

 

“Noted. And press conference?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“For the white wedding, yes, we have to.” Gwiboon uttered and Jognhyun nodded.

 

“So I have scheduled a meeting with a caterer next week but I think I we need to puch that back a little in favour of finding a wedding hall in Daegu. I’ll make some calls and we’ll meet later for flowers?” Jonghyun said and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“I’ll tell you when the dress fittings would be. I would like to get your opinion on the dresses, but can you come to my office tomorrow for the swatches?” Gwiboon asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Abssolutely. Excuse me for a while.” Jonghyun uttered and excused himself to make some calls.

 

“So how do you find him?” Gwiboon turned to Eunsook who was busy browsing through the plan.

 

“He is very detailed; look at the plan he drew out.” Eunsook pointed out and Gwiboon rolled her eyes.

 

“Of course, why would I choose him if he’s not?” Gwiboon uttered sarcastically.

 

“I just didn’t know planning weddings would be this complicated.” Eunsook uttered.

 

“Well we are just starting, wait till we get to crunch time.’ Gwiboon uttered.

 

“And he did make an amazing wedding for my brother.” Eunsook uttered and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“He’s that good.” Gwiboon uttered and Eunsook nodded.

 

Jonghyun returned a few minutes later confirming them that a hotel in Daegu has a wedding hall that can fit up to a thousand guests. Gwiboon liked it and scheduled a site visit that Jonghyun arranged for the weekend.

 

“Flowers?” Jonghyun asked and the two nodded, making their way towards the exit.

 

They then found themselves inside a flower shop and Jonghyun introduced them to Sungmin, a good natured florist.

 

“Sungmin hyung, this is Gwiboon, my wonderful bride and her maid of honor Eunsook.” Jonghyun introduced and Sungmin shook both hands. “Sungmin hyung also did Sunggyu-ssi’s flower arrangement for the wedding hall and the table centrepieces as well as Myungsook’s and her entourage’s bouquets.” Jonghyun added and Gwiboon instantly loved him.

 

“I love your arrangement.” Gwiboon uttered.

 

“Thank you. Jonghyun asked me to do three table arrangement and three bouquets for you to look at and we go from there.” Sungmin uttered and the two nodded. 

 

The first set up was in classic white and black with roses and hydrangeas. It was rather simple for Gwiboon and Sungmin completely understand her. “You want something grandiose I believe.” Sungmin uttered and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“This is beautiful though.” Eunsook uttered.

 

“You are more of a typical bride my dear, like jonghyun here.” Sungmin said with a laugh and led them to the second table.

 

“This is more grandiose with crystals and big flowers. There is a touch of pink rose along with the white roses. There are some big stargazers in full bloom and it was a grand as it could be.

 

“Yes!!!” Gwiboon loved it so much.

 

“This is so you,” Eunsook uttered and Sungmin nodded.

 

“I thought so too.” Sungmin uttered.

 

“If there is one thing that I am concerned with is if this will fit the wedding hall. We should consider the space. We can’t really decide on the  height of the arrangement.” Jonghyun said and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“Of course I know that Jjong. Thus table no. 3.” Sungmin led them to the last arrangement and Gwiboon loved it as well. The arrangement was a little toned down but extravagant still.

 

“You are a genius!” Gwiboon uttered and Sungmin took a small bow.

 

“Wait till you se your bouquet.” Sungmin uttered and led them to another table where 3 sets of bouquets were prepared. “We have the trend of the full bouquet; this is in pink roses with sworovski crystals. The entourage will have a smaller bouquet in either white or pink. It all depends on your motif. The second one has more of a variation in flowers while the last one is a cascading bouquet.

 

“My gown would be all blinged out so I guess a simple bouquet would do the trick.” Gwiboon uttered and Sungmin nodded.

 

“Most definitely, here try it on.” Jonghyun said and both handed a bouquet each. Jonghyun stepped back as Sungmin led them to a mirror and soon Gwiboon was in tears.

 

“I can’t believe how surreal this is.” Gwiboon uttered and soon, she was shedding tears.

 

“Oh Gwiboonnie,.” Eunsook hugged her and the designer broke into tears.

 

“I never seen a bride cry because of a bouquet.” Jonghyun chuckled.

 

“Is that supposed to be a good thing?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Yeah, it shows just how much of a reality her dream is coming to be.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook nodded.

 

“I’m okay.” Gwiboon finally uttered and wiped the tears with a tissue. “I love them. I guess we’ll meet again when my dress is almost finished for the final bouquet design?” She asked Sungmin who nodded.

 

‘Most definitely.” Sungmin said and the meeting ended with smiles.

 

“I can’t believe you made me cry.” Gwiboon punched Jonghyun’s arm.

 

“Hey, it shows that the Almighty Gwiboon is also a girl who dreams of her perfect wedding.” Jonghyun remarked and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“Anyway, I need to ran along now.” Gwiboon uttered and then asked Jonghyun for a favour. “You’ll pass by 8th street right?” Gwiboon asked and Jonghyun nodded. “Great! I am going the other direction so I can’t drive Eunsook eonnie back to her dorm, can you do it for me?” Gwiboon asked.

 

“Gwiboon, it’s not in his job description to be a chauffer. I can take a cab.” Eunsook interjected immediately.

 

“Oh it’s no problem. My car’s over here.” Jonghyun pointed and Gwiboon beamed a happy smile.

 

“Take care of my maid of honor and don’t forget to drop by my office tomorrow for the swatches.” Gwiboon then waved goodbye as she boarded her car and drove off.

 

“I’ll just take a cab.” Eunsook insisted.

 

“No need. It’s along my way so it’s no big deal.” Jonghyun smiled as he opened the passenger seat of his car.

 

The drive was quiet and awkward, with only the radio to distract them both from the silence that enveloped them. As Jonghyun turned to a curb, Eunsook pointed to a building and Jonghyun stopped in front of it.

 

“Thank you for driving me here, I hope it’s not much of a bother.” Eunsook apologized.

 

“No worries.” Jonghyun waved and then drove off.

 

When Jonghyun arrived to get the swatches from Gwiboon, he was surprised to see Eunsook standing by a table and a seamstress measuring her up. Eunsook saw her and smiled at him which he returned warmly.

 

“Don’t hit on my maid of honor.” Gwiboon sashayed as she handed him the swatches.

 

“I am not. I am just returning the courtesy.” Jonghyun replied, looking at the swatches. “This could be a good material fro draping.” Jonghyun uttered and Gwiboon nodded next to him.

 

“I was thinking of the same thing. And I like this overlay; the silver would pop out in the dim lights don’t you think?” Gwiboon asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“As expected from you. Anyway, I have a schedule to visit the Daegu wedding hall, are you free this weekend?” Jonghyun asked and Gwiboon frowned.

 

“I have a fashion week deadline to meet. But Eunsook eonnie is on her semestral break from her Residency.” Gwiboon uttered. “Eonnie, can you fill in for me and look at the Daegu wedding hall?” Gwiboon asked and Eunsook nodded.

 

“What are maid of honours for right?” Eunsook chuckled and Gwiboon grinned at that.

 

“Well it’s settled.” Gwiboon said and pushed Jonghyun out of the office.

 

“Wait, can I get Eunsook-ssi’s number then? I need to contact her for the trip details.” Jonghyun said and Gwiboon nodded.

 

Eunsook walked up to him and asked for his phone. Jonghyun gave it to her and she typed in her phone number and then returned it to him. She bowed and walked back to the seamstress.

 

“Now out!” Gwiboon uttered with a playful smiled and Jonghyun nodded.

 

The weekend trip started with a late night flight to Daegu and they checked in to the hotel where the wedding hall will be held. Christine thankfully booked individual rooms and arranged the meeting with Gwiboon’s grandmother and parents Saturday morning. Eunsook thanked Jonghyun who entered his room and they both called it a night.

 

The breakfast that followed was awkward to begin with but became more awkward when Gwiboon’s grandmother thought that Jonghyun was Eunsook’s boyfriend. The two quickly declined it, making good ol’ Granny Kim a little sad. “But my beautiful Eunsook, has your Med School turned you into this?” She asked and Eunsook sighed but shook her head.

 

“It’s just that I haven’t seen that special someone yet.” Eunsook politely replied.

 

“Sweet heart, I have a feeling that you are not searching.” She said and chuckled. “Well, we are here to look at the wedding hall, so shall we?” She uttered and Jonghyun nodded as he talked to the manager.

 

The wedding hall was huge and Granny Kim gave her approval. The marble pillars added charm to the place and it was a sight to behold. Though the clients were akin on the place already, the manager led them to an adjacent garden that has a gazebo and water feature that was just jaw dropping perfect to say wedding vows.

 

“This could really work.” Jonghyun grinned, ideas now running thorough his brain as the sight was just marvellous and very Gwiboon-like. “We have a separate entrance for the garden?” Jonghyun asked and the manager nodded.

 

“Guests could enter via the entrance from the main lobby and the bridal entourage could utilize the staircase up front. We could do carpet or flower trails leading to the gazebo where the vows shall be exchanged.” The manager pointed out.

 

“Cocktails?” Jonghyun asked and the manager walked near the hall’s entrance.

 

“We could set up a bar here, then these doors would be opened for dinner.” The manager said and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“I want to see how this would turn out. Could you act like the bride and groom?” Granny Kim suggested and both Jonghyun and Eunsook were left speechless.

 

“Here  you go Miss.” The manager handed Eunsook a faux bouquet and led her to the entrance where the bride would make her entrance while Jonghyun stood by the gazebo.

 

Eunsook was accompanied by Gwiboon’s parents as per request of Granny Kim and they pretended to walk down the isle. Jonghyun was caught of guard when he looked at the three walking down the pretend isle because despite the casual yellow sundress Eunsook was wearing, the gentle breeze that blew her hair softly, the way her cheeks were tinted a slight pink, and her small and shy smile captivated him and made his jaws drop.

 

“Perfect.” Granny Kim uttered with a wide smile on her face.

 

***

 

 

a/n: this was supposedly a one shot but I guess I went overboard with words sooooo I will cut it here and leave the rest to write on its own.. kidding.

 

Will update when time allows ^^