002

wedding planner

After the tour, the two had the day off to themselves and so they searched town to get a hold of local photographer Choi Minho. The renowned photographer had also been Sunggyu and Myungsook’s wedding photographer and he happened to be around the area for a wedding shoot.

 

Minho was glad to see Jonghyun again and shook hands with them. Jonghyun introduced Eunsook as Sunggyu’s twin sister and Gwiboon’s maid of honor. Minho smiled at her.

 

“Oh Gwiboon, we had worked together for some of her collection.” Minho uttered.

 

“And that my friend is why she specifically wanted you to be her photographer.” Jonghyun pointed out.

 

“Oh, so why am I not seeing her?” Minho asked and Jonghyun laughed.

 

“She’s busy with fashion week.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“hmmm. Hey want a shot? the view is great here.” Minho suggested and Jonghyun politely declined. “It’s impolite to decline such an offer.” Minho grinned and pulled Jonghyun and Eunsook to pose in front of the scenic cathedral. He took shots of the two who were awkward but somehow he made it work. “I’ll send these test shots to Gwiboon. Just confirm me the date at least two months in advance ‘kay?” Minho uttered and Jonghyun nodded. “Bye now!” Minho waved and then walked towards the couple who had hired him for their pre-nuptial pictures.

 

“Well, I guess we have the day to explore?” Jonghyun said and Eunsook shook her head.

 

“aren’t we supposed to meet the caterer?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“We’ll meet Ryeowook hyung tomorrow, he has to fly in to Daegu after his event tonight.” Jonghyun informed her and Eunsook nodded.

 

“Well I guess we have the day to explore.” Eunsook uttered and then walked towards the main road. “Where to go?” Eunsook pondered, her pointer finger cutely placed on her bottom lip as she looked at the busy street in front of her.

 

“How about some lunch?” Jonghyun suggested as he stood next to her.

 

“Chicken?” She asked and Jonghyun nodded. “Great!” Eunsook was delighted about it.

 

“I know a great place right about 2 blocks from here.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook smiled at the information. “Would you prefer walking or taking a cab?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook chose walking.

 

The stroll was a little silent and awkward at first, but when Eunsook pointed to a toy store and dragged Jonghyun inside, they had started a conversation when Eunsook took a puppy plushie and told Jonghyun that it looked like him. Jonghyun pouted at that while Eunsook laughed. He took revenge by placing fluffy bunny ears head band on her and then pointed out how she looked like the easter bunny. It was her time to pout while Jonghyun laughed but in the end they both ended up laughing at how childish they were.

 

“So how was med school?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook sighed.

 

“It’s okay I guess.” She merely replied.

 

“Why aren’t you happy?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook sighed.

 

“Maybe because I don’t get to experience what my brother or Gwiboon is experiencing right now.” Eunsook replied.

 

“Wedding?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook shook her head.

 

“A life.” Eunsook uttered and it was like a splash of cold water at him.

 

“oh.” Jonghyun’s reply was a little underwhelming but he kind of relates with her.

 

They reached the restaurant in another five minutes and the attendant led them to a seat by the window. She served them lemon iced tea and some tofu fries as they browsed the menu. After getting their order, the two fell in another round of silence.

 

“I’ve been wanting to ask you about this, I hope you don’t mind.” Eunsook spoke first and Jonghyun looked at her with a straight face. “Why did you become a wedding planner?” She asked and Jonghyun broke into a smile.

 

“Not a lot of people would ask that, usually just some curious brides, but never a maid of honor.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“Oh, you don’t need to answer that.’ Eunsook quickly uttered but Jonghyun shook his head as he took a sip of his iced tea.

 

“It’s okay.” He uttered. “To put it simply, I am obsessed with weddings.” He answered and Eunsook nodded, taking a tofu stick and nibbling on it. “I started dating back in senior high school, and at that point, little by little and without knowing it, I planned my dream wedding. Fast forward to college year and I was planning to propose to my girlfriend when she decided to end it all.” He said, choking a little as he recalled the bitter past.

 

“I’m sorry.” She said but Jonghyun shook his head.

 

“I was depressed to the point that I dropped out of college and ended up wasting my life in depression.” Jonghyun paused as he felt Eunsook’s soft hand on his hand, holding it for emotional support but it felt like doing more than comforting. “And my sister came waltzing in to ask me to help her plan her wedding, because she was working a limited budget.” He smiled at the thought.

 

“I helped her plan her dream wedding, pulling me out of the darkness that I was temporarily in and gave me something to think about. He wedding turned out well and soon, her friends wanted to get my services for their weddings. My sister then handed me the cash that she was supposed to pay her wedding planner but saved it for me to start my business.” Jonghyun concluded and Eunsook beamed him a happy smile.

 

“Wow, that was something. I’m glad that you found a purpose on your obsession.” She said and Jonghyun laughed at her words.

 

“sappy story.” Jonghyun managed to say before their chicken arrived and Eunsook held nothing back as she ate her chicken.

 

“What are you majoring in?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook looked at him while chewing albeit unlady-like.

 

“Neurology.” Eunsook replied nonchalantly and Jonghyun’s jaws dropped.

 

“You make it sound like it’s first grade math, you are a monster.” Jonghyun reacted and Eunsook brushed it off.

 

“It gets boring at some point of time but I am graduating in a year.’ Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun was surprised.

 

“Graduating already? You are really a genius.’ Jonghyun remarked and Eunsook blushed at his words.

 

 

The meeting with the caterer was pretty amazing because Ryeowook, who was also Sunggyu’s caterer, was actually accredited by the wedding hall so it was all smooth sailing with the plans.

 

“So, am I meeting your bride?” Ryeowook greeted Jonghyun but the younger glared at him.

 

“She’s my bride’s maid of honor, Eunsook. And she is Sunggyu’s twin sister.” Jonghyun introduced. “And here is our excellent chef and caterer Ryeowook.” Jonghyun said and the two shook hands.

 

“Great, so I have called Gwiboon and she asked for a specific menu.” Ryeowook uttered as he led them to a table set up for them.

 

“Will there be chicken dishes?” Eunsook asked and Ryeowook nodded.

 

“She specifically ask me to add in chicken dishes for her maid of honor.” Ryeowook informed her and Eunsook’s smile was as wide and bright as the sun.

 

“So this is our appetizer, a selection of quiche; Mushroom and grilled cheese, savory stake and my personal favourite, chicken parmesan.” Ryeowook said as the mini tarts were served. They tasted the food and both gave their approval.

 

“First course is a choice of Crab and corn soup or squash soup.” Ryeowook uttered and Eunsook preferred the crab and corn.

 

“2nd course would be fresh salad, a choice of Italian dressing or a Ceasar dressing.” Ryeowook explained and the two can’t decide. “We could have both in the menu.” Ryeowook uttered and that was okay with them.

 

“3rd course would either be fish or chicken, choice would be given.” Ryeowook presented the grilled salmon with light mayonnaise dressing and Chicken barbeque with honey glaze.

 

Eunsook fell in love with the chicken and made both males chuckle at how she enjoyed the food.

 

“Entrée is either Pork, lamb or beef. All roasted to their specification.” Ryeowook uttered and the two nodded and tasted all three dishes with delight.

 

“and our dessert, well I’ll leave that to Meekhan.” Ryeowook uttered and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Of course, Sweet table dessert bar and Gwiboon’s cakes. Got that covered.” Jonghyun said and Ryeowook nodded.

 

“Would Gwiboon and Woohyun like the food?” Ryeowook asked Eunsook who was giving him two thumbs up making Ryeowook laugh. “Thank you.” He uttered and their tasting session ended.

 

They then took the next flight to Seoul and parted ways by Eunsook’s dorm.

 

--- 

 

a/n: next update would be… dress fitting! Yay this is really a clichéd story so I guess there will be no surprises for you guys wahahahh