006

wedding planner

a/n: excited are we? Ahahahah more Jongyu moments~

 

---

 

After the baby shower, Jonghyun was twice as busy with a lot of clients wanting his services. He was overwhelmed but grateful because his passion for weddings now he is rocking the business. He had chanced upon seeing Eunsook again when they attended Woohyun and Sunggyu’s anniversary event. Eunsook was wearing some jeans and a blouse, probably out of her hospital shift, when she bumped into Jonghyun. They exchanged smiles and they caught up with life. Jonghyun was really happy to see her smiling.

 

But the next time they met, Jonghyun’s world stopped turning.

 

“I am here to plan my wedding.” Eunsook said and Jonghyun took a moment to react.

 

“Oh wow, congratulations!” Jonghyun replied, a little fake but how could he help it.

 

“Thank you!” Eunsook chirped.

 

“Do you have any ideas then?” Jonghyun tried to sound professional about it.

 

“Oh, I would like to have a sunset wedding at Jeju Island. I wanted it around May when flowers are in full bloom.” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun typed on his computer.

 

“May wedding in Jeju Island let me see if we have an available venue.” Jonghyun said and grinned at her. “We do have an available date, May 15th is that okay?” Jonghyun said and Eunsook nodded.

 

“Perfect!” Eunsook replied ecstatically.

 

“So tell me about your fiancé.” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook sighed then smiled at him.

 

“He’s working overseas right now and he’ll be returning before the wedding.” Eunsook started. “We met a few years back and he is just the perfect person for me.” She continued and Jonghyun nodded. ‘He is just super sweet and adorable. I couldn’t ask for anyone else.” Eunsook told him with stars on her eyes.

 

“You must love him that much.” Jonghyun remarked and Eunsook nodded. “Okay, so we have a year to plan this wedding, why that long?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook smiled at him.

 

“I wanted to finish my residency first. Then I would like to get married before I take my licensure exam.” Eunsook said and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Oh wow, I get to have a future doctor as a client.” Jonghyun uttered and they both laughed. “Are we looking at what budget?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook shook her head.

 

“I don’t have a set budget, by all means plan me the best wedding.” Eunsook said and Jonghyun nodded hppily.

 

“I should have known, your brother and best friend had the same budget.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook nodded. “You probably know the protocol so I will not break it down to you.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook nodded again.

 

“Oh, I do love the color yellow so can I have it as an accent color?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“That would be lovely, the flowers by the cliff that I plan to hold your wedding would be bright yellow so I see your accent color to fit in very well.” Jonghyun said and EUnsook grew excited.

 

“That is perfect!” Eunsook was happy.

 

The typical drill went on, meeting Sungmin to get her bouquet arrangement done and center pieces. Sungmin also showed her drafts of the canopy where they will exchange their vows.

 

“I made it white with hints of yellow. I think it will be perfect as the sun sets behind you.” Sungmin pointed out and Eunsook beamed with happiness.

 

“I like that!” She uttered and Sungmin gave her a quotation for all the works to be done. “Okay, this is reasonable,” She said and then thanked Sungmin.

 

The cake tasting wasn’t really needed because Meekhan had already known her preference. She showed her designs instead and Eunsook was debating on what design to choose. She pouted at Jonghyun who sighed and pointed at the seven tiered cake in full blossom. Eunsook smiled and nodded. She then asked for Jonghyun’s opinion and Jonghyun navigated to the simple yet elegant square lopsided cake and Eunsook was just beaming with happiness.

 

Once that settled, Jonghyun and Eunsook shared a dinner after, continuing to share stories and updates about each other. Jonghyun couldn’t help but fall for her but at the back of his mind, he knew he was just facing another heart ache.

 

They met again after four weeks when Jonghyun invited her to witness a wedding he’s planning for a couple to be wed at Jeju Island. It was a good wedding, very beautifl and romantic that Eunsook tear up. Jonghyun handed her a handkerchief which she gladly accepted.

 

“So your wedding would be similar to this one.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook nodded.

 

“Very romantic.” She replied just as Jonghyun helped her up a flight of stairs to the deck over looking the East Sea.

 

“You could have your cocktail hour here while you and your fiancé take pictures with the setting sun. We could put up lots of lights for you.” Jonghyun pointed out and Eunsook nodded.

 

“Where do you get your inspiration?” Eunsook suddenly asked and Jonghyun was lost for words.

 

‘Oh, I don’t know.” Jonghyun blushed a bit.

 

“You are amazing Jonghyun.” She uttered and then looked out into the beautiful view.

 

Jonghyun indulged himself of the view, of Eunsook’s breathtaking profile and gorgeous smile. He loved how the light illuminated her features well and how she was smiling while watching the sunset. He knew too well that what he has feeling is false hope; but he wanted to feel something now rather than regret it later.

 

Eunsook returned to Seoul the next day while Jonghyun was left to settle things after the wedding. He sighed as he looked at his staff taking care of dismantling and clearing of the venue. He just wished he had a chance to fight for something he loves, but sadly, he had passed up on an opportunity that will never come again.

 

Back in Seoul, Eunsook had enlisted his help over dance. Jonghyun wasn’t the dancer type but with Eunsook’s fiancés MIA due to work overseas, he had no choice but to go along with it. The choreographer was a good friend of Eunsook; and he had choreographed Woohyun and Sunggyu for a couple of their songs and concerts.

 

“Taemin, this is my wedding planner, Jonghyun. Jonghyun, my good friend and choreographer Taemin.” Eunsook introduced them and the two shook hands warmly.

 

“So, I hear that you needed my help for your first dance.” Taemin asked and Eusnook nodded. “Would you want it traditional?” Taemin asked and Eunsook nodded again. “Great, waltz it is.” He said and then turned to Jonghyun. “Do you have any experience in dancing?” Taemin asked the wedding planner and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

Taemin grinned at him and then took his hand and placed it on Eunsook’s waist. “Relax, this is the standard in waltz. Okay, so step, step, pause step.” Taemin instructed as he showed how it was done.

 

Jonghyun nodded and then tried it out. “Not bad.” Taemin remarked. “Now, take a step turn and step step.” Taemin instructed and the two made their way around the dance floor.

 

By the end of the 1 hour session, they were already done with the first quarter of the song. Taemin reminded them of their schedule and Jonghyun was caught of guard with it.

 

“My fiancé is a fast learner but I am not as skilled as him.” Eunsook reassured him and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“When will you have your dress fitting?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook shook her head.

 

“Gwiboon hasn’t told me yet.” Eunsook replied and Jonghyun nodded. “We can’t rush masterpieces.” Jonghyun uttered and they both laughed a little. “See you then Jonghyun. Thank you for joining me today.” Eunsook waved and Jonghyun nodded and smiled at her before he frowned while walking back to his car.

 

If only he was a little bolder.

 

---

 

a/n: I really like that you guys are formulating theories about the ending ^^ We’ll get there eventually~