004

wedding planner

a/n: greetings from Vietnam! I’ll be going back to Manila in a few hours so I had time to write this down while on break.

 

It was D-day, the wedding of the century was about to commence and boy, Jonghyun was all hands on deck. With Christine as busy as her boss and all their staffs churning full gears in the past week, the hotel in Daegu was almost perfect.

 

Jonghyun took in the sight; the plans drawn were now turning into reality and this, for hi, is the best part of any wedding planner’s job. As the clock struck 9 am, he greeted Christine who was ushering Gwiboon’s family to the suite booked for them and Jonghyun immediately greeted them. Granny Kim, who was beaming a smile at the wedding planner winked at him and Jonghyun laughed loudly, knowing that the old lady was perhaps trying to ship him with someone, and he knows who that someone is.

 

When all were at its place, Jonghyun went to see his bride. The bridal suite was pretty much packed with girls holding champagne glasses and having their hair in curlers. Gwiboon greeted him warmly and handed him a glass of champagne as well. They did a quick toast and soon they were celebrating the upcoming wedding ceremony. Christine informed Jonghyun of the schedule and Jonghyun nodded, reminding Gwiboon to get ready before 2  pm for the ceremony and a press conference right after it before they start serving dinner. Gwiboon shooed him away and told him to hand over a gift to her fiancé. Jonghyun nodded and went over to his groom.

 

Nam Woohyun was the complete opposite of Gwiboon because he was a nervous wreck. He was chugging some whiskey when Jonghyun entered and the singer was relieved to see his wedding planner.

 

“Nervous?” Jonghyun asked and Sunggyu sighed as he kept an eye at his friend. Jonghyun chuckled and then grabbed the glass Woohyun was holding.

 

‘You have nothing to worry about; your bride isn’t running away, I assure you.” Jonghyun said and Woohyun broke into a grin. “

 

“I’ve been telling that to him for the past two hours.” Sunggyu exasperated.

 

Jonghyun then took out the suit from the closet and checked it before he heard the knock on the door. Sunggyu opened it and welcomed their stylist friend who will be doing their mkeup, they are still idols and they needed to look good too. The room became busy and Jonghyun reminded them to get ready for the ceremony and the press conference.

 

Jonghyun took the time to check the preparations again and was delighted to see Meekhan wheeling in the cakes.

 

“Meekhan! Oh my that looks heavy!” He uttered and Meekhan nodded and handed him a smaller box.

 

“Don’t drop that or I’ll kill you!” Meekhan glared at him and Jonghyun nodded, knowing fully that Meekhan spent countless hours on them.

 

After the cake was all assembled and Jonghyun gave the thumbs up, Meekhan beamed brightly and took pictures of her masterpieces. Jonghyun took her camera and asked her to pose with the cakes, because she did an amazing work and she needs some credit for it.

 

As the clock dwindled down and everything is in set, Minho finally arrived to check on his team that arrived earlier to  take photos and videos of the set up. Minho shook hands with Jonghyun and told him that he needed to take photos of Woohyun and Gwiboon before the ceremony. Jonghyun nodded and gave him a time schedule to work with.

 

Now everything is in place.

 

As Jonhyun checked up on Woohyun, the greasy smile of the singer was back and Jonghyun was sighing in relief before telling him that Minho will be taking his photos. It wasn’t new to him so the singer was all up for it.  Jonghyun then checked up on Christine and said that they are all ready in a few minutes.

 

“It’s almost go time.” Jonghyun informed Woohyun and he led them out into the balcony where they had their pictures taken before they line up near the garden entrance.

 

Woohyun beamed a smile when the song started to play and he was walking down the aisle lined with pink roses and carnation. He smiled wider when he saw his friends and guests smiling back at him, he was finally going to marry the love of his life. He then saw his fansite masters whom he invited (Because they have been very supportive of him and his relationship with Gwiboon) and grinned as they held their light sticks and support banners, now it has WooHyun and Gwiboon’s names on it.

 

Jonghyun was delighted that everything was going as planned and soon, Christine told him that the girls are ready to go down. Jonghyun looked at the staircase and one by one, the girls walked down with big smiles. The little flower girls were adorable and her bridesmaids were pretty, Myungsook wasn’t even showing any signs of pregnancy. But when Eunsook appeared and she walked gracefully down, Jonghyun’s jaws drop and his heart pounded wildly in his rib cage. Damn she was drop dead gorgeous and glowing and Jonghyun’s life, he had fallen in love.

 

Jonghyun swallowed hard as he handed Eunook’s bouquet while the girl blushed in front of him. Eunsook shyly thanked him and proceeded to line up just as Gwiboon walked down the stairs, Christine helping her with her dress. Jonghyun smiled proudly at Gwiboon and the designer returned it with a grin.

 

Lights flashed and jaws dropped as Gwiboon walked down the aisle. Woohyun shed tears and Sunggyu took his handkerchief and gave it to his best friend. Gwiboon was also emotional as she walked, because this is her dream wedding and waiting for her is the man of her dreams.

 

Jonghyun watched them from the far end of the aisle with tears b on the side of his eyes, because he feels the true love between the bride and groom, and partly because he was thinking of what if’s, specifically if he was the one standing in front of the alter and waiting for his bride. Just as the thought crossed his mind, he happen to glance at Eunsook who was shyly smiling at him with blushing cheeks. Jonghyun knew that he got it bad this time, far more than what he had felt with his first girlfriend.

 

Eunsook was glowing and Jonghyun’s heart was pounding, he took a moment to breathe and shook his head, he can’t do this again, he can’t fall in love and end up depressed when it fall apart. Jonghyun knew the risks but he couldn’t bring himself to burst his safety bubble; not yet.

 

After the ceremony and the press conference, the party was on full swing. Everyone was happy beyond words and Jonghyun could breathe calmly, knowing that this wedding has gone off perfectly and his clients were delighted and satisfied with his work. He took a break from the festivities and stepped out into the garden where the ceremony was held. It was already dark but the hotel has lighted the garden in an array of colors, and Jonghyun sighed, knowing that his dream wedding would have been grander than this one, and his future bride would be dazzling in white. But he knew not to wish for the impossible because of all people in the world, he fell in love with his bride’s maid of honor.

 

“hey.” Jonghyun turned to see the owner of the voice and he kind of jolted in surprise when EUnsook smiled at him while approaching him.

 

“Oh Eunsook.” Jonghyun greeted, helping her with her dress as she walked.

 

“Why are you alone out here when the party is over there?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun chuckled.

 

“I need a breath of fresh air, planning everything was stressful.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook nodded. “And you?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook grinned at him.

 

“It’s too noisy.” She answered and Jonghyun laughed. “Thank you for making Gwiboon’s dream wedding a reality.” Eunsook said and Jonghyun smiled at her.

 

“it’s my job after all.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“Yeah.” Eunsook replied, blushing slightly. “Well, why don’t you plan my wedding then?” Eunsook asked and it took Jonghyun by surprise. “I mean… I want you to be my wedding planner.” She added and Jonghyun blinked at her, Eunsook bit her lower lip and then bowed at Jonghyun before turning to leave.
 

“Oh, I spaced out. But yeh, I’d love to plan your wedding. Just give me a call.” Jonghyun called out and Eunsook turned and gave him a smile.

 

“I will.” Eunsook replied and then walked back to the reception hall.

 

Jonghyun watched her walk away and sighed to himself. He knew that he fell in love with her through the course of planning for Gwiboon’s wedding but just when he was debating if he should take a step forward, Eunsook slammed the door shut. Jonghyun felt the warmth creep up to his eyes and he tried to fight it; God, he was pathetic.  He then sighed and took out something from his pocket. He took a good look at it and then decided that he needed to let go. He walked to a nearby trashcan and threw the notebook away; the one item that contained his plans for his own wedding, ideas that popped into his mind whenever he attends a wedding and he jot it down for reference. He needed to face reality and sadly, his next attempt at love came crashing down as soon as it started.

 

----

 

a/n: Well that was more of WooKey but a little bit of Jongyu.. again clichéd story so, you’ll get and idea of what will happen next.