↬ dreamy white clouds overhead

Seventeen's Hair Studio
twelve dreamy white clouds overhead
┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉

Kyoto gyoen. Yan Lang yawned. It had been a while since she had seen so much greenery and nice shadowed places. That spot under the tree looked absolutely perfect for a nap.

Except.

They were on a learning journey.

Damn it.

She looked at her partner (the one who would probably scream her head off if she went missing) and sighed. Why did the school have to torture like like this?

"Class," Minki seonsaeng-nim said coldly and everyone dropped their volume as well. "Look at this building. It's the shrine. I'm going to tell you about its history now." Yan Lang zoned out as Haein looked at the shrine in wonder. It was a pretty little place, and a pond surrounded its structure.

They moved on to the next item and Haein started chatting happily again.

"I wonder what Wonwoo-oppa and the rest are doing here. Ne?" Haein beamed at her excitedly.

"Um, right. One question-"

"YES, ANYTHING!" It was rare that Yan Lang showed interest in anything so hearing her say this drove Haein to be more responsive.

"...Who was the new guy?" She sweatdropped as she noticed Haein's eyes sparkled.

"THAT'S JOSHUA OF THE HAIR STYLIST TEAM ALONG WITH JEONGHAN! Why, why, why? Are you interested in him?" Haein gasped, "You can't! Mingyu-oppa will be jealous!"

"Huh? You must be kidding me. And no, I was just wondering, that's all." Yan Lang paled. So now, she knew her staring partner's name. Well, let's hope he doesn't spread any rumours that I stared at him.

"1 hour break. Meet back near this signpost." Minki seonsaeng-nim said boredly as he sighed and went to self-bash himself on a wall in his head.

"I want to head to the toilet, want to come?" Yan Lang smiled and kindly rejected Haein's offer. She couldn't really comprehend why girls had to head to the toilet in gangs. The washroom stinks, the area is crowded, and well, it just in general. Yan Lang just told her that she would be roaming until the time was dued.

Yan Lang stared idly at the blue sky with fluffy white clouds. She closed her eyes for a second, enjoying the breeze against her hair. Her head nodded slightly as she felt more drowsy by the minute. Hearing the slight buzz of crickets near her and the soothing warm light from the sun sure did a toll on her aptitude to stay awake.

"Yah! Don't fall asleep in the middle of the road!" Someone got shocked as Yan Lang almost fell backwards. Pfft, she wouldn't do that. Clicking her tongue, she opened her eyes and stared at the person in front of her. "I won't."

"But I just saw you-"

"I'm sorry to say, but you saw wrong."

"But-" She walked pass him without a second thought and the person(or stranger) followed after her.

"...Why are you following me?" Yan Lang turned back and asked the person with a poker face.

"Making sure you don't fall again? I'm a nice guy, unlike someone." He coughed and she raised her left brow. Okay then.

Silence passed over and the stranger behind became restless. The girl in front certainly wasn't much of a talker.

"What's your name?"

"Hmm. Ju Myeongyun." She answered. Firstly, she would never reveal her name to a stranger and secondly, Myeongyun's face suddenly flickered into her head so Yan Lang just had to use her name. Anyways, even if she got into trouble, Myeongyun probably could have handled it. Props to Myeongyun for being such a rich kid! Yan Lang smiled at the stranger when he told her his name was Hwang Minhyun. She had just realised that she was using korean to communicate with someone in Japan.

"Minhyun-ssi. If I admit I fell asleep just now, would you stop being on my trail?"

"See! I KNEW IT! No, I have to bring you to safety first!" He said worriedly. Being a stranger, he sure was very angsty about someone else's situation.

Grumbling under her breath, Yan Lang nodded her head tiredly and headed to the meeting spot Minki seonsaeng-nim pointed out a few moments ago. "This is my class. You can go now." The other meaning was 'Go away because your presence is not necessary'. The guy known as Minhyun stared at her suspiciously. "Hey guys, sorry to bother you, is she your friend?" They looked to the left and saw Yan Lang shaking her head and giving them an embarassed smile, as if telling them not to bother with him.

"She's our classmate. Yan Lang is closer to Hansol and the gang though...?" Yan Lang held an irked expression in her face as the truth of her name surfaced. With someone as nosy as this guy, he would never let her see peace and quiet ever again. On the count of three, run!

Yan Lang ran around curves and complicated pathways, because the more difficult they were, the more likely he wouldn't be able to catch up. Once she felt like she did enough, she realised she had came to a place which looked heaven. There was no people in sight and a small water fountain with flowers around it adorned the garden. There was a small shelter that looked like a bird cage and the seats were absolutely stunning and vintage. 

Taking a seat, she felt herself letting loose and smiled. Taking a camera out of her bag, she took a few scenic photographs before carefully replacing the camera lens cap protector. She looked around and enjoyed the beauty. Taking out her phone, Yan Lang set an alarm for 30 minutes and closed her eyes. Time for a nice nap.
.

.

"Daheul su eopsna, ttara ga bwado, jabeul su eopsna, soneul ppeodeodo," Yan Lang blinked and yawned a little as she heard her alarm ringtone, Lady Luck, blaring from her bag. She frowned. Shooting back up, she looked to her left to find someone by her side. He stared at her inscrutably, and Yan Lang couldn't make out whether he was angry or not. She stared at him weirdly once she realised that he came along to this deserted area, saw her, and then, decided to use his shoulder to be her pillow. 

I'm meeting very very suspicious people today!

Getting up as quickly as she could while feeling drowsy, she felt her legs getting numb and she cursed herself. Before Yan Lang could fall to the ground, he caught her in one swoop. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Don't get up so quickly. Here, drink this." He threw her a packet of apple tea and she caught it before it hit her face. "Thanks?"

"No problem. Just, it's probably best if you don't sleep in the middle of nowhere." He smiled at her and she saw a playful glint in his eyes even though he looked as cold as ever. Yan Lang nodded her head, saying thanks again before going off and retracing the steps she had to take to get back. How strange, he's a stranger and he seems very aloof but... I like him. She raised her eyebrows at her own thoughts. He's kind of my style too. She recalled his charcoal black hair and dark obsidian eyes that made him look like he was apart of another world. Kind of like a dark fae. 

Snorting, Yan Lang told herself not to bother because he most probably wouldn't appear again.

Yan Lang realised she had been walking around almost everywhere except the place she needed to be. I totally forgot I have navigation issues! I seriously want to pull my hair out. Those hairstylists probably wouldn't approve of it. She mused. Arriving back at her favourite haven, Yan Lang found the teen sitting down at the same spot, sketching in the book he drew.

Gathering the courage not to break into a blush, she asked him if he was free. He turned back to find the same girl just now staring at him with an almost pout on her face.

"Yeah, why?" He closed his book.

"I'm kind of, uh, lost." Yan Lang didn't want to admit that but measures had to be taken in order to reach the stupid location on time. He told her he would bring her there and she told him the destination in relief.

"Thank you!"

She followed him and soon enough, they reached the meeting place with the simple-to-figure-out map(well, obviously not for her). They reached on the dot and Minki seonsaeng-nim visibly relaxed when he found out he didn't need to waste time to do something like finding a lost student. He showed something other than a emotionless face when he saw the person beside Yan Lang.

"Kim Jonghyun? What the hell are you doing here?" He said with an unbelievable tone and said person went to headlock Minki.

"Why not? Wow, I can't believe you really became a teacher." Jonghyun told him. Minki rolled his eyes. "I told you. Being a teacher is the most efficient way to earn money. Teaching and no need to be socially adept." After university, Jonghyun had went to Paris to fulfill his dreams and they lost contact because well, Jonghyun kind of lost his phone.

"Yeah, yeah. I can't believe she's your student," Yan Lang looked at them as Haein held on her hands, waiting for the drama to continue.

Minki nodded his head, "She's not bad. Smart. Just failing her korean subject," Minki shot her a pointed look and she smiled back innocently at him.

"That's the first time I heard you praise someone." Jonghyun teased, "Anyways, I don't want to bother your class, so want to meet up later for coffee? Oh. by the way, Minhyun's here too." Minki raised his brow, "Did he graduate, finally? He keeps skipping classes even though he has the talent. And okay, see ya." They exchanged numbers and Minki went back to Minki seonsaeng-nim. "Okay, let's go to our next field trip location." He reverted back and his voice was monotonous yet again.

Waving mysteriously at Yan Lang with a slight smirk, Jonghyun left the scene.

She felt her lips tugging to the side and looked to the floor to suppress the butterflies in her stomach. Hansol and Chan had seen everything happen and especially the former, he saw that smile. He felt himself frowning and sulked. Tch. What is so good about that mysterious aura?

Yan Lang cocked her head to the side and nodded her head, amused. He did appear again.

 

   ┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉e.g.

`author's notes!
 
im laughing so hard. they seriously look like homeless people. omg jeonghan your blonde hair. seriously. freak my life, kim mingyu and his long legs. and that skateboard. marry me now. sorry for late update. exams. next update probably would be very late too but i will try my best! thank you for subbing and upvoting and commenting, i love you all!
 
vote for Seventeen on MCountdown! (click on fave member keke) #MANSAE #SEVENTEEN