Chapter 4- The Unexpected Encounter

Betrayed

 

~

 

"Girl,may I know what you're doing?" 

 

I dropped my knife, frozen from the shock.

 

A tall lanky figure emerged, and I squinted at the person. He was devastatingly handsome, with curly short black hair, and smooth chiseled features. His curious eyes stared straight into hers, his hands in his pockets.

 

It was as if someone this charming walked out of a fashion model magazine.

 

I glared at him,as if blaming him for ruining my 'suicidal' plan. The guy hesitated at the sudden intensity of the glare, and recoiled a bit. Waving his arms in defense, he tried to explain, but his words came in a tumble.

 

"Im Yoona?" He asked in a rather surprised expression.

 

"How do you know who I am? I don't recognise you." I frowned at his comment. He scratched his nape awkwardly, trying to avoid my gaze. "Er...I happened to come by...And saw you...urm..." He stuttered hopelessly, fidgeting. I cocked an eyebrow. 

 

"I use to come when I'm tired or stressed out. Taking a walk is actually quite refreshing," He replied nervously. His eyes travelled, scanning from top to toe. I ignored the guy's expression, when his eyes landed on the knife.

 

"What're you trying to do with the knife? Don't tell me-" His voice trailed to nothingness, as his stared, horrified yet transfixed, onto the dangerous object. I shrugged, nonchalant at his terrified tone. "You're not going to...kill yourself, are you?" Disbelief filled his widened eyes.

 

Unamused, I rolled my eyes. Obviously,can't you see you're ruining my so-called 'plan' ? Seeing that I didn't answer, the guy swallowed an imaginary lump. "You're crying,because of him,right? Donghae?" He questioned.

 

As soon as I heard his name, I stiffened. On the other hand, I was way beyond shock. How does that stranger know Donghae? And why does he look so familiar? Does he have some connections or-?

 

"How do you know Donghae?" I said quietly. "And how do you know who I am?"

 

"I-I...Nevermind about me," He looked embarrased, "I'm Kyuhyun,Cho Kyuhyun,remember? Donghae's best friend?" Something seemed to click in my head. Oh,right,him.No wonder his name sounded so familiar.

 

~

 

"I'm Kyuhyun,Cho Kyuhyun,remember? Donghae's best friend?" I replied nervously,looking at her crestfallen face. Tears started to trickle down her flawless cheek when she heard me say his name, her eyes starting to get puffy.

 

 "Hey hey! Kwenchana?" I tried hopelessly to comfort her,but to no avail. She only cried harder, the grip around the knife tightened. It was just then that I remembered about the dangerous object lying in her hands, I hastened and step back a few steps, in case she slashed out at me.

 

"Um,Yoona-ssi,could you put down the knife for a second? You can talk about your problems,and not result to suicidal. Please? Yoona?" She heard her name and acted like it was a stimulant. She stopped crying but glowered at me with watery eyes.

 

"What do you want from me?" She asked in an icy tone.

 

"I know about you and Donghae. In fact, I know everything..." My voice trailed into nothingness,as I recalled the past events, that even though happened days ago, it still haunted me.

 

*Flashback*

 

"You love her don't you."

 

A sudden cold whisper startled me, giving me goosebumps. I turned around, only to find myself facing a tall and furious guy, his eyes blazing and mouth curled into and angry frown. Confused, I rolled my eyes.

 

"Hae Hyung,what are you talking about?" He didn't recoil.

 

"Im Yoona."

 

The name sent shivers down my spine, my heart thumping loudly. "I know you like her..."

 

"W-What d-do y-you mean?? S-She's y-your g-g-girlfriend,right?" I stuttered helplessly, trying to not look at him in the eye. But he did not budge, and had a whimsical smile on his face.

 

"You're lying. I know you are."

 

"If I'm lying,then you should be a two-faced bastard! You cheated on Yoona,didn't you?" I finally couldn't stand his mocking, and bursted out angrily. Donghae's face turned a shade of red,rage boiling inside of him. "So what,huh? What do you know between her and me?"

 

His fist clenched tight, he landed a blow on my face,causing me to wince and groan in pain.My cheek stung at the pain,burning red. Furious,I gave him a hard punch. "What the hell is wrong with you? Hyung?! Are you out of your mind??!!"

 

"NO!!! And one more time I catch you spying on Yoona,my girlfriend, you are going to get it from me,best friend." He spat menacingly, turning off and storming away. I could only stand there in shock,my heart pounding furiously.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

A soft distant ringing broke my trail of thoughts,but I was relieved to 'wake up'. I didn't want to remember those unhappy past. It was Donghae. I didn't dare to answer. But I couldn't ignore it.

 

"Yeobosaeyo? Hae hyung?" As soon as I said his name,Yoona stiffened.

 

"I want to speak to Yoona." His voice answered coldly but clearly. I lowered the phone to Yoona,but she shook her head vigorously,glaring at me as if daring to give the phone to her. I hung up the phone, after Donghae's talk.

 

"He wanted to speak to you."

 

"I don't care. He broke my heart." Her reply was blunt and ruthless.

 

"He said he's coming."

 

"He's WHAT?!" She was beyond shock. Terrified.

 

"He is-"

 

"YOONA DEAR!!!"

 

I swear if looks can kill a person, I would be dead by now, with Yoona's piercing glare.

 

~

 

A/N: YESH,I'M DONE~~~~ xD After what seems like months, I've updated :) Poor Kyuhyun :( Donghae's soo bad >_<  Check out my new poster ^^ Done by eyah012. This fic will end in about....1 or 2 chapters? D: So we'll say byebye DX  I apologise for any errors inside as I'm much to lazy to proofread..... XD

Thanks for reading!!!